I need Opinions On Budder? Heard Its not to Healthy???

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USMCtanker

one option is instead of butter you can make. ground marijuana in oil or whole marijuana in water with coconut oil
ground mj in oil
1. 6 cups of canola oil in crock pot
2. set it to low and heat it up tell its to hot to put ur hand on it
3.then add ur mj 4 ounces is what i read
4.let sit for 3 days reheating each day and straining
5.pour out thro straner into a cup or jar
in a contained jar in fridge can last up to 8 weeks.
its lower it fat than butter but from what i have read you lose some flav with this method
coconut oil
1 fill a small pot half full of water
2 add mj
3bring to simmer ,stir occasionally for up to an hour to help break down mj
4.add coconut oil stir and simmer again, remove from heat
5.let SIT AT ROOM TEMP FOR 2 DAYS
6. heheat until oil is melted
7.strain, refrigerate, and seperate oil from water
this one is used for people that have dietary restrictions and do not wanna use butter.

hope i didnt miss anything, i would look into these. i got this info from a book called marijuana cooking, good medicine made easy. check it out

W

wpg_breeder

sorry i meant budder that oil shit i looks like whipped honey oil???

J

Johhnydope48th

When purged properly it is supposed to be as clean as it gets

squiggly

squiggly

It's my opinion that budder is the product of the polymerization of terpenes/cannabinoids in the oleoresin. An alternative cause of the change in color/consitency is hydration (which would be significantly safer).

I can't think of any other reasons why the product would become opaque. My money is on polymerization. With a good analytical scale and a GC-MS both of these theories should be easy to test.

To summarize:

If it's a hydration, that's cool.

If its a polymerization, who knows. (It looks like one to me based on my knowledge of these types of reactions, and on the conditions under which 'budder' is formed).

fractal

fractal

The best way to ensure you get it clean as can be is to get a handheld vacuum pump, I used a snap-on brand hand pump that had a 3/8" plastic tube attached to it. It's the size of a small pistol with a pressure guage on it. Drill a hole in the lid of a mason jar, stick the tube in there and pump up the vacuum while the jar sits in hot water. Leave it in vacuum for a couple days until all the bubbles are gone. This method really worked when I started using hexane for extraction because that solvent doesn't evaporate like butane and I got a really clean final product with it. Probably overkill for butane which would evaporate on its own really cleanly but it's a selling point to say that you vacuum purged your oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom