I need some advice!! Please read this post!!

• Thread starter TMurr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You're asking a tiny, little, delicate baby plant to act like a big girl a bit too quick imo...patience grasshopper.

How did you set that whole thing up and not read an EC chart for different stages of growth? Youtube would have you believe that DWC is a magic way to easy big harvests..the opposite is actually true. Imo you need a really good grasp and experience growing before going full hydro like that.

I've been growing for 20 years and I JUST graduated to coco lol 🤣🤣🤣

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
What could you have possibly defoliated on those plants????

Their only source of energy and food?

If a plant only has 4 leaves and you remove 2.....wtf did you think was gonna happen??? 🤪 like cutting off a leg and then trying to run down the street.

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

YouTube university is dangerous.......
Dwc is super easy if you grasp the fundamentals of growing plants. You need to be super dialed in to your equipment and maintain a ritual of checking ph and ppms daily.
As a good practice start simple and add on as you go!
Just remember keep it simple, and go slow 🐌
And don't Jeffery epstien your plants till they are a bit older

Tech4523

Tech4523

I'm no expert but in Hydro 6.3 seems high. I was always under the impression to start lower on the scale and up the ph as you go. I mean I water my soil at 6.3-6.8 area. I found this chart it might help but once again no expert on hydro. I would say too much nutrition too much light too much PH all at once and then you topped them which is more stress on top

Hydroponics ph chart marijuana
Tech4523

Tech4523

Once again no expert and way better advice on here than me but here is some little guys I had and didn't molest them yet even. If I top or mainline I will cut the top. Wait for new growth to establish then remove the growth i do not want. Looks like you topped and then cut all the growth off removing more than 50% of the plant. Which I try not to do. Just me though. Like I said way more experience on this site

20200919 230619
TMurr

TMurr

What should that reading be roughly

They are at 14000 lux. With the light at 600w and 36 inches

Craycrayracing

Craycrayracing

Lowest setting and 3 ft from. Plants at least.
Download lux meter and see what you have at top. Of plants 👍
What time does shadow of a doubt that is the case! They have been stunted from the very beginning. As the reader stayed in that lower the wattage to the absolute lowest setting and lower the lights. It's called stretching. If the lights are too close it doesn't give the plant a reason to want to stretch. I can tell by the shape that it's wanting to produce a bush that's because it's suppressed

TMurr

TMurr

SO I have lowered the wattage on the light and moved it up. I am getting a reading of 16000 Lux at the top of the plants.
I drained and added RO water until my EC is down to .88
I adjusted the PH to 5.6
I just got my CO2 valve and ppm is 1200

I have ordered a water chiller I hope it gets here soon I am tired of putting Ice in water

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but 1200ppm is still mad high for those little tykes. 300 range is about normal for early vegetation, working your way up to 1000 by the time you switch to flower. Pretty much never go over 1000 outside of flowering. I think that plant #2 is possibly crunched up like that due to nutrient lock. You may need to run water only for 24-48 hours. @Aqua Man might be bribed into offering you some advice here as well.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I have ordered a water chiller I hope it gets here soon I am tired of putting Ice in water
Those temps are OK if you just use some beneficial bacteria / anti-fungal like Hydroguard.
Would help to get your humidity up to around 70% - read about VPD to learn more.
Hang in there, you jumped into the deep end, but you'll sort it all out with a little time.
😀

TMurr

TMurr

I am trying to keep RH up but all I have is a small 1 Gallon Humidifier and it runs out of water constantly

1200 ppm CO2 is High???

waincox

waincox

What could you have possibly defoliated on those plants????

Their only source of energy and food?

If a plant only has 4 leaves and you remove 2.....wtf did you think was gonna happen??? 🤪 like cutting off a leg and then trying to run down the street.
🤣🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like light/heat/wind/rh.

Busy for a few hrs but all info regarding that would be great.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

the Nutrient PPM is 450
Your co2 meter shoukd be hanging up not sitting on anything...the gas sensor aphas to have atmospheric air moving around it. Dont blow a fan directly on it either. I owned that model just over a year ago...sitting in the drawer right now...quit using it. Found it to be either very sensitive or just not very good.. my titan controler with fuzzy logic is way better!! Even wo fuzzy logic it had what i though was maybe more accurate...it would go for 700's to 1100 im not injecting any co2....wheres it coming from? No idea! Lol

I seem to remember someone saying not to put foil over net pots cuz air cant get down in them...cant think of who said that..

Happy grow

TMurr

TMurr

air Temp 70
Water Temp 67
RH 55-60%
Light 15000 Lux at Canopy
Fan Oscillating on them

Latest posts

Top Bottom