I need your help to decide what to use in this system please

• Thread starter BrazilianShark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrazilianShark

Hello fellow farmers!
How have you all been? I have been doing great! I was very busy with Presidential election and of course taking care of my girls and now I am back for good.
Well, my last thread was last year when I was using soil, since that I switched to coco and I have been burning my neurons thinking what to use with this new system.
As you can see in these pics I use the rockwool cubes during vegetative cycle and then I would transplant them to the Grodan Stonewool Gro-Slabs Expert Slab 36" x 8" x 3" or, I would order from the smart pots a custom one which fits perfect inside of those trays, it cost $13.65 for each and I would continue to use as I already have 5 sealed bags of CANNA Coco, Perlite and H&G coco Nuts.
My concern is how much of height these rockwool would take as the cube one is 4" tall and the slab "3, 7" both plus the system which is 8" tall bringing the total to 15", and my room is only 41" tall :(
So, with coco I would be able to stick the cube down to the media to gain some inches. I also heard a guy from the hydro store saying how much he likes coco compared with rockwool because witch coco it tastes better and better yield, do you agree?
Few pics of my meds drying. Harvest was 2 days ago. 24 plants total all Bubblegum.
It was my best harvest so far. I had 2 600W running for the first month and then I dim to 1K to finish the other month. I was aiming to 3lb total, each plant would have to yield 2 ounces to achieve that and I guess that I have incredibly passed that number for at least half ounce, I will post the weight later on.
Thanks to tall!
Peace.:.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 11
Photo 21
Photo 31
Photo 5
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Great harvest and nice buds!! Maybe I missed it, but what is your question?? You said you need help to decide what to use then you said you have H&G Coco nutes.

I never grew in rockwool or coco so I can't say which one tastes better or yields more, but based on other peoples threads I would say go with the coco.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would get some 1/4" plastic screen and put it up the sides and on the end of your tray. I would then fill it with 10" of coir/(chow). let the part above your tray just air prune the roots. I would drop the rockwool as I do not like 2 different mediums that close to the roots. Try it with one tray and see what happens. JK

Top Bottom