I pull 1.5 lbs per 1kw with the UC

• Thread starter reggiebaseball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reggiebaseball

Who can confirm that they meet or exceed 1.5lbs per 1kw with this system (.75g/w) regularly?

If so, could you please post which system you use, whether vertical or horizontal lighting, and how many runs you had under your belt before you hit this number.

Thanks. The reason I am asking for quantitative results is that from reading about 400 grows here with the UC I see a predominance of abandoned or low yielding runs, or great bud shots and poor numbers. Like any system I see a few solid gold growers producing serious weights, but I think these guys would pull the same with dixie cups and dirt. I also see a lot of "look at these great plants finally, this is my third UC run after several disasters"...

thanks

I

ibTheMan

Do yourself a favor and ditch that thing for some sunshine or something else, ive never seen nothing great outta UC.

G

GeneticFreak

Do yourself a favor and ditch that thing for some sunshine or something else, ive never seen nothing great outta UC.

Come on now ur just being a hater! Unless that's a joke? If you just read afew of the journals in here you will see it works. But like anything you have to work at it and perfect it. These guys are definitely pullin quality and weight. They're just not tellin the final numbers. I personally went this route because I like the challenge and I love the control. With outdoor meds I rarely see true medical grade cannabis. Meaning dense bug and mold free buds. Its cheaper not just cause it cost less to create but because its not on par with indoor. Indoor I see the clinical shit. So there's no need to hate. Respect all good ganja growers and don't knock the technique!

Onespark

Onespark

I have had close to an equal rate of success and failure. Six runs with Horizontal lighting in 13XXXl's. Lost 2 and half of them. Had Root aphids the first time. Developed root rot the others. Every successful run was at least 1.5 per 1KW.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I was going to go UC but after seeing one at the hydro shop in person and like you say, there is a lot of dudes switching back to basics. Jackmayoffer making the switch was the deciding factor for myself as well as having done 2.3 a light in promix beds (personal best).

G

GeneticFreak

I have had close to an equal rate of success and failure. Six runs with Horizontal lighting in 13XXXl's. Lost 2 and half of them. Had Root aphids the first time. Developed root rot the others. Every successful run was at least 1.5 per 1KW.

Onespark what's the likelyhood those 2 problems would end another grow for you?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Pulling 1.5 a light isnt hard really. You just have to have everything right. If you cant hit 1.5 in coco or soil you probally have no bizness looking at a UC. Get everything else dailed in, then step up to a UC, so your not trying to figure everything out at the same time.

Onespark

Onespark

Onespark what's the likelyhood those 2 problems would end another grow for you?

Root Aphids not likely.

Just started another UC run in 8 gallon buckets and have brown slime in week two of veg. I am sure you can get it dialed but I have not.

G

GeneticFreak

Root Aphids not likely.

Just started another UC run in 8 gallon buckets and have brown slime in week two of veg. I am sure you can get it dialed but I have not.

Check on rollitup. Do a search for dwc tea cure for brown slime. It looks farely simple and and seems to be effective. Imgonna use it instead of zone or sterile system.

S

SofaKingHigh

Nothing was dialed, tent was in a 110*F+ garage and no CO2 was used.

2 12-site regular systems under 4kw in a Growlab 290.

Strain was Lady Cane, G13-Haze x SSH, vegged under a month and taken to 11 weeks.

2Lbs per light and change.

http://i.invalid.com/aMWuG.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/fToyH.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/ATIXu.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/9H46Q.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/Ogw3o.jpg

I was also able to get 6Lbs from 3kw flip-flopped over 2 12XL systems without anything dialed.

Sincerely,
A believer of the 3Lb per light mark

Onespark

Onespark

Check on rollitup. Do a search for dwc tea cure for brown slime. It looks farely simple and and seems to be effective. Imgonna use it instead of zone or sterile system.

That is a heroic thread drop my man. Great info. I am brewing tea ASAP.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Big fan of threads like this one.

For those looking for a no brainer, impossible to fail approach to getting banging results from their med crop do not get a UC. A very large brain and lots of experience and grower intuition is needed to rock consistent results from water culture no doubt.

But for those qualified growers that choose to meander down the water culture stream you'll be pleased with the ease of use you experienced once your dialed in.

From my experience, which is vast in case your wondering ;) growing water culture is the easiest way to get good #'s per light with fewer plants in less time when done properly, and the quality is blinging. High GPW is def possible with any method, just generally takes more plants and time than raging a UC IMO.

Which is why after 2 years+ I still rock my UC's.

S

sourkush91

I just finished my second run in the uc... i have grown many runs in soil and few in hydro... My first run i pulled a little over 1.5 per light i only ran 2 horizontal lights and pulled about 3.5 of quality goods and made plenty of hash with the lower stuff that couldnt get light due to a crazy thick canopy... The last run i had complete control of my environment and pulled over 2 per light... I run a 8 gallon 6 bucket system... It costs money... it takes time and effort to master but when you get it down it does amazing things

Onespark

Onespark

Getting 2-3 per 1KW is not the hard part. Doing it consistently is the hard part. I am stoked you guys have 1 or 2 successful runs under your belts and are excited. Do it ten or twenty times and get back to us. I have not given up on UC at all but things can go wrong when you least expect it and you better hope you have some luck and skill on your side. I have absolutely killed it with UC's and I have watched them fall out fast as well.

These were all 2.5++
Ptwuc

Each successful UC run has been killer in yield and quality. I still would not ever make them my sole growing tool. I have four UC's but Coco keeps me rolling.

I mean SofaKingHigh, you must have at least had a chiller in your 110 degree garage to have survived such non-dialed conditions, ya?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

First off...that pic is bomb Onespark. You're obviously an example of a seasoned grower.

I feel you on the consistency tip but I think you'll be hard pressed to find too many growers that have 20 harvests under their belt, using any method. For me it's been about 13 good harvests, 3 fails.

I think the main point should be this: Water culture can fail and/or knock it out the park.

The last thing someone should do is get a UC or any water culture for that matter and expect it to grow the plants for them as that task will always fall on the shoulders of the grower. How suitable those shoulders are for the task obviously varies from grower to grower. Systems, coco, soils don't grow plants, people do....

Lastly, judging the efficiency of any method based on threads alone will not likely give a realistic perspective. Get your feet wet or dirty and find out for yourself.

S

SofaKingHigh

I mean SofaKingHigh, you must have at least had a chiller in your 110 degree garage to have survived such non-dialed conditions, ya?

For sure. And it wasn't scorching in the tent, that portable A/C kept chugging along.

Those gals of yours pictured, were they 1 plant per light? Making them 2.5Lbs each? That shit's crayyy!

Onespark

Onespark

For sure. And it wasn't scorching in the tent, that portable A/C kept chugging along.

Those gals of yours pictured, were they 1 plant per light? Making them 2.5Lbs each? That shit's crayyy!

Yup 1 per light 13 gallon buckets. Nice work too by the way

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I pull that or better just about everytime...most of the time it is right about 3lbs per 2k setup give or take an ounce or two

Still runnin the first UC I bought and have about 6 more in the mix right now with more to come

Tex

Z

Zensai

Having multiple UCs running in different locations, all of our runs have been successful, and always 1.5 or better. UC is not for the feint of heart, it is not the easiest, or most predictive method in growing. If you are looking for a high tech solution, that you will have to constantly engineer around, then it is a great system. The system does offer rapid growth, and is very well suited for medical growers that want to grow larger plants and keeping their plant numbers in check. In my state keeping our plant numbers in check is the top priority. We are running a few 13g UC's with 40", and 48" centers under all Horizontal lights, as well as a 13g UC running under only vertical lights. Varies room/location between 6k to 8k watts per 6 plants. We also have other locations that we are doing UC PRO systems that are hybride lighting, 1k horizonital per site, as well as vertical lighting. That is also a 6 site system. That system puts out 4.5 to 5.5 per plant.

By no means do I think UC based system is for a beginner. It took some learning curve for our group, but we are mostly engineers. If you can't get 1.5 per 1k from simple 5g DWC bubble buckets then you shouldnt even consider looking at a UC.

Top Bottom