I think I’ve got too much light?

• Thread starter Grdnguy86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Morning @Shaded_One! Thanks for adding that! Now I’ve got to quit sitting on the porch sampling my wares and go to worrrrrrkkkkkk. Happy day to ya! 🙂

Morning matriarch! 😎 sounds like a nice way to start your day though. I have to wait until lunch to sneak home..

Enjoy your Monday!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thank you so much for this! Explained watering in a way that makes sense to me. I will take it slow next time. I love learning things the hard way I guess lol do you think I should give them a few days to recover before flowering? They are almost 8 weeks from seed. Thanks again!
I’d water them properly a couple of times prior to pushing them into the race of their lives 🙂 Nobody wants to start a race with a bum foot. Give them the best, they do the rest 🙂

G

Grdnguy86

I’d water them properly a couple of times prior to pushing them into the race of their lives 🙂 Nobody wants to start a race with a bum foot. Give them the best, they do the rest 🙂
Ok sounds good. I’ll plan on next Sunday for the transition. Will give them at least a couple good waterings between now and then. What a roller coaster of emotions this is lol

G

Grdnguy86

One last thing. The leaves do have those brown/yellow spots. Someone mentioned a possible calcium deficiency? Could that happen from poor watering habits? Should I add some calcium to next watering?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

One last thing. The leaves do have those brown/yellow spots. Someone mentioned a possible calcium deficiency? Could that happen from poor watering habits? Should I add some calcium to next watering?

Where is your water source coming from? RO or distilled water is notorious for micronutrient issues eg. calcium and magnesium which usually your plants get from tap water or supplementation. You are 100% going to have to supplement Magnesium(Epsom Salts) one way or another as LED grows massively increase the demand for that element.

Remember that light is the primary driver for everything else your plant uptakes - water, nutrients, co2 etc. and if you do not have your grow room dialed in then increasing your light is only going to cause more issues.

Reactions: PK1
G

Grdnguy86

Where is your water source coming from? RO or distilled water is notorious for micronutrient issues eg. calcium and magnesium which usually your plants get from tap water or supplementation. You are 100% going to have to supplement Magnesium(Epsom Salts) one way or another as LED grows massively increase the demand for that element.

Remember that light is the primary driver for everything else your plant uptakes - water, nutrients, co2 etc. and if you do not have your grow room dialed in then increasing your light is only going to cause more issues.
I forgot to mention I did give the plants some “super Cali growth shot” that came with my kit. That was about a month ago now though. I use well water that is filtered to reduce hardness. PH is 6.3 or so. I will head to the store and get some supplements to add during next watering. Any particular brand or type of supplement I should be looking for?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I forgot to mention I did give the plants some “super Cali growth shot” that came with my kit. That was about a month ago now though. I use well water that is filtered to reduce hardness. PH is 6.3 or so. I will head to the store and get some supplements to add during next watering. Any particular brand or type of supplement I should be looking for?

I think the first step would be getting your well water tested so you know what you're working with. AFAIK most people who use well water dilute it with 50% RO. There are plenty of methods of getting Calcium and Magnesium and it varies from grow style to grow style. Just do a quick search on your grow style and see what other people use 🤙

Reactions: PK1
G

Grdnguy86

I think the first step would be getting your well water tested so you know what you're working with. AFAIK most people who use well water dilute it with 50% RO. There are plenty of methods of getting Calcium and Magnesium and it varies from grow style to grow style. Just do a quick search on your grow style and see what other people use 🤙

Damn I should have thought about getting water checked. I was only concerned with the PH 😕 I might just go to store and buy bunch of distilled water for now, mix it with some Cal Mag supplements until I can get my well water checked again. SO MANY THINGS I NEVER CONSIDERED lol learning is hard and fun

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Damn I should have thought about getting water checked. I was only concerned with the PH 😕 I might just go to store and buy bunch of distilled water for now, mix it with some Cal Mag supplements until I can get my well water checked again. SO MANY THINGS I NEVER CONSIDERED lol learning is hard and fun

Lots of variables! Water is the most basic thing but its analysis can vary quite a lot from source to source. Once you know what you're starting with then you'll have a better idea of how to move forward.

G

Grdnguy86

Lots of variables! Water is the most basic thing but its analysis can vary quite a lot from source to source. Once you know what you're starting with then you'll have a better idea of how to move forward.

View attachment 1269272
Thank you very much. I got it tested when I first bought the house. Can’t find report or remember what dude said. I add sodium carbonate to my water via this system. I’ll definitely be calling tomorrow to see if they still have report on file. I appreciate the advice! I’ll be doing some more studying tonight that’s for sure

DE6D4576 E9C8 4A17 9133 F4374661663D
G

Grdnguy86

Got some great advice in here i stopped after the first few posts. Reduce your light until you see them bounce back.

Always what you do no matter what issue
Lots of good advice that’s for sure. Love it. My babies already looking better. I cut light back to 75% and raised lights way almost 3 ft from canopy. Working on making home CalMag supplements to feed them next watering. Won’t go back to 100% until time to flower. Can’t wait!!!

G

Grdnguy86

Got this for my calcium magnesium supplement? Will this do the job? Got some bloom supplements as well.

8ECB4C87 651E 4CDE 8429 690C1515E2C0
90892F39 C23E 4A5D B030 372E535ACAD0
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

thats too old of a report, i would say you need a new report as water perameteres change.
i also see you are in good hands and good information is being shared with you. Good luck!
That’s a fact! My well water fluctuates wildly from one rain to another. On the reg phing out at 7.2 but running as high as 9 after a heavy rain. This well is 478 feet deep, spring fed, and yet the values seriously change from day to day depending on conditions. Even tho I grow organically and most say that controlling the ph is not necessary, I always do. I have had results in the past that warrant that.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
That’s a fact! My well water fluctuates wildly from one rain to another. On the reg phing out at 7.2 but running as high as 9 after a heavy rain. This well is 478 feet deep, spring fed, and yet the values seriously change from day to day depending on conditions. Even tho I grow organically and most say that controlling the ph is not necessary, I always do. I have had results in the past that warrant that.
indeed, well water is not monitized and the fluctuations can vary. you know, i've tried many different style of growing but not organiclly. lol!
I guess, one day i'll check that out and see what the hype is all about.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

indeed, well water is not monitized and the fluctuations can vary. you know, i've tried many different style of growing but not organiclly. lol!
I guess, one day i'll check that out and see what the hype is all about.
I like the nice clean taste. After cure it just gets no better. A long slow cool draw allows for those terps to come full force. I’m all about the taste. Oh, and I also like not chocking to death on a hit 😜

G

Grdnguy86

This makes a lot of sense. I’m bringing in two water samples to get tested this afternoon. One sample straight from the well and another after it goes through my water treatment set up. (Adding soda ash for PH and extra filter for Iron). I will use distilled water in the mean time. I bought some products at my local co op I felt might help me the rest of the way. A few people mentioned my plants seemed to suffer from Caclium deficiency, this fox farm fertilizer was only thing I saw that had Calcium in it. Thanks so much. Y’all are life savers.

7FF50BD5 FAD4 47C0 A55B 55A1B7769020
FD936FD8 CCB9 4084 9FE7 560EC8F115B6
3382C803 8F93 40C4 9C4B D9A639D870A9
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I like the nice clean taste. After cure it just gets no better. A long slow cool draw allows for those terps to come full force. I’m all about the taste. Oh, and I also like not chocking to death on a hit 😜

I also just really like the style! I'm all about microbes, organisms, bacteria, fungi, rhizospheres, self buffering mediums, feeding once a month etc.

Looks like you're on the right track @Grdnguy86 there are lots of CalMag specific supplements out there for hydro grows

Top Bottom