I think I have a Calcium lockout...

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I'm going to attach my water report, I'm seeing no mention of magnesium anywhere within it.

About a week or two ago, I went out and purchased some Calimagic from the hydro shop. Watered in 1tsp with a gallon of water and waited, I noticed today that the problem doesn't seem to be getting better, it seems to be spreading further up the leaf. Only on one stalk though, I'll upload pics for that as well. The rest of the plant seems to be unaffected by this issue.

I'm using PROMIX regular bag soil from the hardware store with Walmart nutrients, granular organic nutrients, I JUST fertilized for the 2nd time this grow, the last being when I transplanted at the beginning of veg (I'm one week+ flipped to flower), I also watered in 1tbsp. of epsom salts into my mediums because I observed what appeared to be a sulphur deficiency. haven't been watering a lot, I've been trying to let my roots stretch out as much as possible for the upcoming flower. I plan to water my plants every three days or so from here on out now that I've fertilized and am in flower.

I think i have a calcium lockout

I think i have a calcium lockout 2

I think i have a calcium lockout 3

I think i have a calcium lockout 4

I think i have a calcium lockout 5

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I'm going to attach my water report, I'm seeing no mention of magnesium anywhere within it.

About a week or two ago, I went out and purchased some Calimagic from the hydro shop. Watered in 1tsp with a gallon of water and waited, I noticed today that the problem doesn't seem to be getting better, it seems to be spreading further up the leaf. Only on one stalk though, I'll upload pics for that as well. The rest of the plant seems to be unaffected by this issue.

I'm using PROMIX regular bag soil from the hardware store with Walmart nutrients, granular organic nutrients, I JUST fertilized for the 2nd time this grow, the last being when I transplanted at the beginning of veg (I'm one week+ flipped to flower), I also watered in 1tbsp. of epsom salts into my mediums because I observed what appeared to be a sulphur deficiency. haven't been watering a lot, I've been trying to let my roots stretch out as much as possible for the upcoming flower. I plan to water my plants every three days or so from here on out now that I've fertilized and am in flower.

View attachment 1285801

View attachment 1285803

View attachment 1285804

View attachment 1285805

View attachment 1285808
I don’t think your having a magnesium or calcium deficiency. What nutrients are you using exactly.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I don’t think your having a magnesium or calcium deficiency. What nutrients are you using exactly.
What makes you say that?

I'm using PROMIX OMRI granular nutrients, purchased from Walmart. In soil, also bought from the department store.

I seriously think I'm in the beginning stages/teetering on a calcium lockout due to alkaline pH. There's nutrients in the soil, I just replenished the medium with more nutrients (the thing was damn near devoid of ANY nutrients) I watered in 1tsp of Calmag with 4L of water. I stabbed my 3way soil meter in to the soil and the thing flipped HARD all the way to the left past 8, indicating alkaline soil.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Could be just a pheno type trait could be temp fluctuations could be result of watering with cold water maybe root zone could be a lil cold and might be molybdenum plant deficiency so if it comes to that but would be a rare situation just bump up your micro

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Could be just a pheno type trait could be temp fluctuations could be result of watering with cold water maybe root zone could be a lil cold and might be molybdenum plant deficiency so if it comes to that but would be a rare situation just bump up your micro
There's trace amounts of molybednum in Calimagic.

As for the water being too cold, I fill up my pail the day before I plan to add the water, so that it gets to room temperature.

Temp fluctuations has my curiosity piqued, as it was like 15 degrees here last week and now it's almost 30 degrees...

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I personally use remo not saying there the best or anything in my opinion too many bottles but the advantage is I can modify and adjust as I want I was supplementing calmag from remo and if I'm correct it's almost the same as general hydroponics but when I went deeper the micro part was where I was getting most of the molybdenum so to give a boost I bumped it up as well as my cal mag due to a calcium deficiency and both went hand in hand but that temp fluctuations can do it especially if you have all the same pheno/cutting you shouldn't experience much variations in your results

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
firstly before screwing around with your medium it could be light stress, the yellowing is it mostly closest to the light as compared to plants further away?
what light you using and how far is it?

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

firstly before screwing around with your medium it could be light stress, the yellowing is it mostly closest to the light as compared to plants further away?
what light you using and how far is it?
Ty for responding. I'm using a MarsHydroTSL2000 and it was EXTREMELY close to the leaves in question at one point in time, I've since moved it much further away. Tht branch in question, I wanted to do a sort of 'experiment' and see what would happen if I let it almost grow into the light. It was about maybe 6 or 7 inches from the light? I moved it away, but the copper hue around my leaves doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Further, when I just watered, I BARELY touched my plant (another plant, not the one in question) and a major branch snapped right off from the main stem.. I barely touched the thing! I taped it back on with gorilla tape (hopefully it's not toxic) and augmented a support system both vertically and horizontally and attached it to the branch. Hoping it makes it through, I'm almost 15 days into flower 😨

I think my plants are suffering from mineral deficiencies (not absences of, but deficiencies). Did you take a look at the water report I posted? Are my plants getting all the right minerals in the water?

E

ET12SECOND

My pH is kind of high. I can't give an exact number but the 3way meter showed it to be a strong 8

I'm using the PROMIX herb and veg. mix
It says its 75% peat on the packaging for that mix. The stuff I use is basically all Peat. At such a high ph you are locking out nuiets. I run a ph [email protected] but yours may be able to go higher due to the 75% peat. I would call the MFG and ask their recommendation. In Peat I need to supplement with Cal mag and range my PH 6-6.4 Have you tried the mix I posted? Where I am I get it at Menards for like under 15.00 a bale. I use dry organic, time release nuiets

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the granular nutrients you are using i think is 7-3-3? right or wrong?
you’ll need a flowering/bloom nutrient also..
keep your light up..

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

What makes you say that?

I'm using PROMIX OMRI granular nutrients, purchased from Walmart. In soil, also bought from the department store.

I seriously think I'm in the beginning stages/teetering on a calcium lockout due to alkaline pH. There's nutrients in the soil, I just replenished the medium with more nutrients (the thing was damn near devoid of ANY nutrients) I watered in 1tsp of Calmag with 4L of water. I stabbed my 3way soil meter in to the soil and the thing flipped HARD all the way to the left past 8, indicating alkaline soil.
I have never been a fan of the prob meters, usually they aren’t super accurate. Ph may very well be your issue. I’m a coco guy so I would listen to the advice from the others on here all have great advice.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

It says its 75% peat on the packaging for that mix. The stuff I use is basically all Peat. At such a high ph you are locking out nuiets. I run a ph [email protected] but yours may be able to go higher due to the 75% peat. I would call the MFG and ask their recommendation. In Peat I need to supplement with Cal mag and range my PH 6-6.4 Have you tried the mix I posted? Where I am I get it at Menards for like under 15.00 a bale. I use dry organic, time release nuiets
I have not, but I think there's a lot of clay in this soil, it holds onto moisture for a VERY long time.

Luckily, I was able to find a local gardening shop that carries fast acting sulfur.
the granular nutrients you are using i think is 7-3-3? right or wrong?
you’ll need a flowering/bloom nutrient also..
keep your light up..
I actually made a mistake. I mixed up all three fertilizers to make a balanced NPK blend ( 4.4 - 4.4 - 4.4 )to run through veg and didn't end up using most of the P&K throughout. Next grow I'm just going to supplement with straight 7 3 3 ferts until I get to flower. This time when I fertilized I combined the 3 7 3 & the 4 4 8 ferts to make a NPK ratio of 3.5 - 5.5 - 5.5. The light has been raised. Twice, in the time since I flipped lol. Stretch is real..

I have never been a fan of the prob meters, usually they aren’t super accurate. Ph may very well be your issue. I’m a coco guy so I would listen to the advice from the others on here all have great advice.
Do you recommend the litmus papers/strips? I can't afford a BlueLab pen..

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I have not, but I think there's a lot of clay in this soil, it holds onto moisture for a VERY long time.

Luckily, I was able to find a local gardening shop that carries fast acting sulfur.

I actually made a mistake. I mixed up all three fertilizers to make a balanced NPK blend ( 4.4 - 4.4 - 4.4 )to run through veg and didn't end up using most of the P&K throughout. Next grow I'm just going to supplement with straight 7 3 3 ferts until I get to flower. This time when I fertilized I combined the 3 7 3 & the 4 4 8 ferts to make a NPK ratio of 3.5 - 5.5 - 5.5. The light has been raised. Twice, in the time since I flipped lol. Stretch is real..

Do you recommend the litmus papers/strips? I can't afford a BlueLab pen..
You don’t need a bluelab but a ph pen is most accurate. You would want to make a slurry with some of your soil and distilled water until it’s liquidy then use a ph pen to test the slurry and this is usually more accurate.

Top Bottom