I think I should pick this now, need advice

• Thread starter Bryan_G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Just fyi, ants will set up shop around your plants to farm aphids, so be on the look out for them next time. I use organic super soil of my own making well, but still feed nutes after about a month because it's usually used up. I use Dutch Science nutes, powder that you mix with water. They are expensive but they work like a charm. You get out what you put in. Your gal looks like she could fatten up some more so I'd give it a couple weeks if you can. If you go the route of covering at night for frost, make sure to uncover as soon as the sun is warm otherwise you risk encouraging mold to grow. Also remove any dead leaves and debris asap, that is also asking for mold, especially in the fall.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Just fyi, ants will set up shop around your plants to farm aphids, so be on the look out for them next time. I use organic super soil of my own making well, but still feed nutes after about a month because it's usually used up. I use Dutch Science nutes, powder that you mix with water. They are expensive but they work like a charm. You get out what you put in. Your gal looks like she could fatten up some more so I'd give it a couple weeks if you can. If you go the route of covering at night for frost, make sure to uncover as soon as the sun is warm otherwise you risk encouraging mold to grow. Also remove any dead leaves and debris asap, that is also asking for mold, especially in the fall.
Thank you for the tips, but I have more than frost coming. It will be below freezing for the next 3 nights at least with snow tonight, so I picked it a bit early.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

We have below freezing for the next 3 nights at least and snow most likely tonight, so I just picked it.
I picked a small lower branch last week, hung it to dry and smoked some today to test. It's not as good as some of the better stuff I buy, but it does have a nice fruity smell and a buzz that creeps up on you, I did 2 small hits with my bong and didn't really notice much, then 5 minutes later while working, I noticed I was pretty high.
I bought a scope/magnifier camera for the phone or PC like Santa.ClausHOHOH suggested. It just arrived today but it's useless as I had no choice but to pick the plant but I took some shots after picking, and I can't see any amber trichomes, so it is a bit premature... But it gets me high, and all I put into it was the planter and some plant food, plus I learned a few things, next year should be better.
Thanks to everyone for the tips, they'll come in handy next time.

Tue Nov 02 00 57 06
Tue Nov 02 00 57 22
Tue Nov 02 00 58 47
Tue Nov 02 00 59 50
Cypress66

Cypress66

We have below freezing for the next 3 nights at least and snow most likely tonight, so I just picked it.
I picked a small lower branch last week, hung it to dry and smoked some today to test. It's not as good as some of the better stuff I buy, but it does have a nice fruity smell and a buzz that creeps up on you, I did 2 small hits with my bong and didn't really notice much, then 5 minutes later while working, I noticed I was pretty high.
I bought a scope/magnifier camera for the phone or PC like Santa.ClausHOHOH suggested. It just arrived today but it's useless as I had no choice but to pick the plant but I took some shots after picking, and I can't see any amber trichomes, so it is a bit premature... But it gets me high, and all I put into it was the planter and some plant food, plus I learned a few things, next year should be better.
Peak time of picking imo peace ✌️

TSD

TSD

Don't judge the quality till you cure, it's a night and day difference between freshly dryed and properly cured.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Don’t see any clear trichs either, she’ll be a zippy buzz. Have you weighed any?
"zippy buzz". Back 25 years ago when I used to grow indoors, someone told me that if you pick early you get the "up" buzz and picking it late gives you the burnout buzz, I'm assuming that is actually true.
I'm not going to be weighing it, I don't have any scales. I might see if I can weigh it after its cured just to see how much I actually end up with.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

I have a new problem. I decided to wet trim and my main top bud has mold or fungus, see pics.
If anyone is still following this thread, I could use some advice.

20211103 011537 Large
Wed Nov 03 01 31 00
Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Toss the rot. You can speed dry buds. Or you can freeze the good buds and make live resin when you get a chance. But yeah. Toss the fungus ones out.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Welcome to the FARM! 👍 😎

Sorry to hear about the mold problem, other than that, nice plants, good job! 👍
You got a little something there. Wonder what that is. I harvest a few days after the plants fall colors. That plants pretty dark still.
@Bryan_G ...Was that a seed in that pic, where @Ponky was referring to? 🧐

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Welcome to the FARM! 👍 😎

Sorry to hear about the mold problem, other than that, nice plants, good job! 👍

@Bryan_G ...Was that a seed in that pic, where @Ponky was referring to? 🧐
Turns out that was just a curled up brown leaf, there are tons of them on other buds too.
Now I'm having trouble drying. I thought I had the perfect spot, in my office closet, the temp averaged 68 degrees and 62% humidity, then after harvesting, now that the plant is all cut up and drying in the closet, the humidity went to 48% and the temp is 72 degrees, I'm guessing that's too dry and too warm.

Ponky

Ponky

Turns out that was just a curled up brown leaf, there are tons of them on other buds too.
Now I'm having trouble drying. I thought I had the perfect spot, in my office closet, the temp averaged 68 degrees and 62% humidity, then after harvesting, now that the plant is all cut up and drying in the closet, the humidity went to 48% and the temp is 72 degrees, I'm guessing that's too dry and too warm.
Not a huge issue. If the weed is drying too fast just pile it up a bit deeper.

Madbud

Madbud

Thats really strange, usually drying plants raise the humidity. Not a huge deal but they will dry quicker.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Right on, glad it wasn't mold. 👍

It's been a really humid year for us here in Hawaii, the temps in our tent runs from around high 70's to 80's with humidity around high 40's to 60's, we have 2 fans in each tent with exhaust fans, I'm thinking we may need couple more oscillating fans, maybe. 🤔 We also keep our tents open during the day to help keep temps down...During drying, we try to keep the fans aimed directly on the bud, so far we've managed to dodge the bud rot/mold problems, I'm so not looking forward to that! 🧐🙃

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Right on, glad it wasn't mold. 👍

It's been a really humid year for us here in Hawaii, the temps in our tent runs from around high 70's to 80's with humidity around high 40's to 60's, we have 2 fans in each tent with exhaust fans, I'm thinking we may need couple more oscillating fans, maybe. 🤔 We also keep our tents open during the day to help keep temps down...During drying, we try to keep the fans aimed directly on the bud, so far we've managed to dodge the bud rot/mold problems, I'm so not looking forward to that! 🧐🙃
It's been a couple of months, how the crop go? Any mold problems?

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

I thought I screwed up and did something wrong because of all the mold, then I thought about it. From the end of August until I harvested it was raining 3 to 4 days a week, and the days it didn't rain it was cloudy and humid, I really had no chance to avoid the mold. A friend of mine told me he knows several people who had the same problem this year, so it was the weather, not me. If I would have known, I could have made a tent from clear plastic, just to keep the rain off the plant, that would have probably been enough to at least minimize the mold if not stop it, but who knew the weather would be so crappy for so long?
I got about 2 ounces of pretty good weed. It has a sweet smell and has a pretty good high, and it's a very "up" buzz. Considering the only money I put into it was about $15 of plant food and the time to water it, I can't complain.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I have a new problem. I decided to wet trim and my main top bud has mold or fungus, see pics.
If anyone is still following this thread, I could use some advice.
Did you have mold? Did you say that it wasn’t mold, but rather a brown leaf. Did you harvest?

Taurus

Taurus

Get a jewelers loupe or magnifying glass and look at the budds, there are different ratios of colored trichomes that will tell you if the plants ready. Youre looking for some amber and some cloudy whiteish trichomes. Clear see through means its not ready. To my knowledge like 70% cloudy 30% amber is a good ratio.
Great advice , I agree

Taurus

Taurus

Wow, time flies...No mold problems so far, thanks for asking!🤞😁 We started with 4, lost 2 (Jack Herer) to male dangling parts 😅, just popped 2 more Magic Cookies Autos, with the chameleon GDP still hanging in there...Wild roller coaster ride this grow! 😎🤩

If u want to really stop mold, look into a Sanuvox unit. I have one in my grow room and another in my dry cure room. It’s a merv11, HEPA and UV sterilizer all in one. No more PM or mold since I started using them

Top Bottom