I think I should pick this now, need advice

• Thread starter Bryan_G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Wow, time flies...No mold problems so far, thanks for asking!🤞😁 We started with 4, lost 2 (Jack Herer) to male dangling parts 😅, just popped 2 more Magic Cookies Autos, with the chameleon GDP still hanging in there...Wild roller coaster ride this grow! 😎🤩

Magic Cookies, one of my favorites. Sorry about the loss, hopefully everything will finish with no problems.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Did you have mold? Did you say that it wasn’t mold, but rather a brown leaf. Did you harvest?
On that picture it was not mold, but I did have a huge mold problem on other parts of the plant, all the top buds. The first few inches were okay, that's what the picture was taken, but then the next 6 to 12 inches was all mold, I couldn't see it until I started snipping the buds.

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

If u want to really stop mold, look into a Sanuvox unit. I have one in my grow room and another in my dry cure room. It’s a merv11, HEPA and UV sterilizer all in one. No more PM or mold since I started using them
This was an outdoor garden so there was no way I could stop it, just bad luck with the weather for the last month of growing.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

This plant did not have an easy life, I had a major issue when starting. The plant shot up right away, as normal, when it was about 4 foot tall, it started dying. I read up on it and the leaves could have been turning brown from not enough water, or too much water or not enough nutrients, or too much nutrients...
So, I went out and stuck my finger in the dirt to see if it's dry, and when I pulled my finger out, my hand was covered in ants. I moved the wood-chips away from the dirt to see billions of ants, billions. They had dug a hole in my root system and were probably eating the roots.
That day I put a good layer of diatomaceous earth on the top, then mixed it into the first few inches of dirt and 2 days later all the ants were all dead (free fertilizer).
At this point, the main stalk was dead, I had to cut it, so now all I have are the side branches and they were a little bit stunted in their growth, but they did come back pretty well.

A few weeks later the leaves started turning brown again... I figured it was water, too much or too little, so I took a chance that a gallon or 2 a day wasn't enough. The plant is in a large pot (about 3' tall and 2.5' wide) with holes in the bottom so water can escape and worms & bugs can work their way up from the ground. So I started giving it 4 gallons every other day and it came to life. That's a lot of water for a potted plant. Even when it rains I still need to keep watering, I guess the leaves from the plant cause the water to drop outside the pot, so it doesn't get much water from rain. I'm going to set up a rain recovery system on our house next spring so I can use 100% rain water.

20+ years ago I grew indoors and there were times I cut the main stalk just to get better buds on the branches. Someone from Michigan State University was giving away clones of G-13 for years, so from around the late 80's through the 90's I had good weed thanks to those G-13 clones. I only grew from seeds one time, it was a sativa and it took up almost my whole grow space, the thing must have been like 7 feet (in my closet) tall while all my indaca's were around 3 feet tall. Because it was so tall, I had to train it, the plant went all the way around my garden with the indaca's in the middle.
That’s pretty interesting, I must have ran into you or someone else that got those clones from sharty lol (Wolverine fan) .
Around 91-93 ish I was partying in Kalamazoo and someone had a g-13 joint and smoked it with about six of us in a car and I never left that car that night haha kicked my ass! Of course my tolerance was probably shit then but I’ve always remember that wonderful g-13!!!
Was always told g stood for government so always thought it was shit grown by them..

Bryan_G

Bryan_G

That’s pretty interesting, I must have ran into you or someone else that got those clones from sharty lol (Wolverine fan) .
Around 91-93 ish I was partying in Kalamazoo and someone had a g-13 joint and smoked it with about six of us in a car and I never left that car that night haha kicked my ass! Of course my tolerance was probably shit then but I’ve always remember that wonderful g-13!!!
Was always told g stood for government so always thought it was shit grown by them..
That's funny because when I was given my first clone, I was told that these plants were stolen from a government experimental garden, so you might be right about the "g".
I have no idea what the THC level was in those plants, but I'll bet G-13 would still hold it's own with today's weed, not like the GMO I just purchased at 29% THC but I'm sure it would compare to some of the other weeds.
The person I was getting the clones from was Steve Johnson, he lived in Kalamazoo for a while and when he lived in Lansing he visited and did gigs in Kalamazoo a lot. He played in a band called Daddy Longlegs and a side band called Aids Babies. I'm posting this because you might have heard of him, heck, it might be his weed you smoked. He passed away back when flu was just starting and maybe played a role in his death.
I made a site with his music on it as a memorial https://grpcrepair.com/daddylonglegs

Last edited:
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

That's funny because when I was given my first clone, I was told that these plants were stolen from a government experimental garden, so you might be right about the "g".
I have no idea what the THC level was in those plants, but I'll bet G-13 would still hold it's own with today's weed, not like the GMO I just purchased at 29% THC but I'm sure it would compare to some of the other weeds.
The person I was getting the clones from was Steve Johnson, he lived in Kalamazoo for a while and when he lived in Lansing he visited and did gigs in Kalamazoo a lot. He played in a band called Daddy Longlegs and a side band called Aids Babies. I'm posting this because you might have heard of him, heck, it might be his weed you smoked. He passed away back when flu was just starting and maybe played a role in his death.
I made a site with his music on it as a memorial https://grpcrepair.com/daddylonglegs
That was the strongest weed I think I’ve ever smoked still and I’ve tried it all I talked about that for years haha!
I don’t recognize him or his name but that night I was deep on wmu campus I believe huge apartment building with lots of people so who knows..
Damn small world though!
Partied in knollwood a lot

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Magic Cookies, one of my favorites. Sorry about the loss, hopefully everything will finish with no problems.
Awesome and good to know, thanks! 👍😎 We just harvested the bottom buds, which were mostly cloudy, waiting for the amber to show up on the rest of the buds...

Madbud

Madbud

On that picture it was not mold, but I did have a huge mold problem on other parts of the plant, all the top buds. The first few inches were okay, that's what the picture was taken, but then the next 6 to 12 inches was all mold, I couldn't see it until I started snipping the buds.
Sucks, was a rough mold year throughout the northeast weatherwise. I used a copper fungicide into early flower and still lost a pound at least. I like keeping them small in case they need to come inside on damp nights but got lazy with twelve plants.

Krispy420

Krispy420

Sucks about the mold man, I know how it is. I'm from New York and we have 150 days average time from first to last frost but there is only like 90 days of prime growing weather, spring is up in the air and fall is often all rain/clouds. I pulled a couple of mine early in late september just to avoid the mold (it's nasty shit) and I'm glad I did because I remember it was 3 entire days of non-stop rain right after i pulled them. I still had some issues with PM and bugs. What I learned from my first outdoor grow was I am going to use pots this year, that way I can move them out of the rain and get a fan on them when they get wet. That also makes picking the perfect spot with perfect sunlight all day a little less crucial because you can set them in a good morning spot then move them to a good afternoon spot when you get home. I thinking choosing stuff with more indica in them will be helpful too, they take less time to flower which knocks some of that unpredictable fall weather out of the equation 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom