I use canna aqua nutes and hava PK 13-14 question ?? thx in advance

• Thread starter jyip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jyip

jyip

I use canna aqua nutes in an abb n flo tray 40gal res and use hydroton in one gal 6 inch mesh bottom pots,,under a single 1 K HPS bulb thats new,,,,,
strted with clones 3/30
flowered 12/12 on 5/13
PROBLEM #1
added PK 13-14 on 6/1 thru 6/6 @ 6ml per gal ,,,,
i thought you run the PK once the plants stop stretching from the lighting switch,,, what i thinkhapppened is this triggered resin production cuz overnight the buds were covered,,, what I think i idi wrong,, I gave the PK too early,,,canna doesnt make it clear and i am sure its strian specific as to exact time, but in general I think you need to wait longer until bud development is fuller and most of the size is already there otherwise you get resin and not bud size

PROBLEM #2
I bought an extension cord that has the coollighted end when it has power,,,,and it has for my flower room,, DUHHH!!,,,, this little light and also from my AC that lights up showing the temp was enough to trigger at least 6 of my 20 plants to almost totally hermie and they have a ton of seed development which the heavier seeded one closest to light leak,,, I never saw any male flowers and i was in there every day multiple times checkin em out,,, i only noticed after i say a seed bract swell open on top of a cola,,,, and these seeds are almost mature,, as some are dark and hard,,,,,

QUESTION #3
I fixed light leaks perfectly dark now,, plants had roughly 5 weeks of this light leak, oh, they are a 8- 10 week strains, 3 strains actually,, bubblegum, millenium and the rubyreds,, do you think the other plants that are not showing seeds are justa little behind and will seed up or I should be allset as long as no light leaks again, stupid rookie mistake,,, oh well,,,, ona good note, now i have some ruby red seeds ,,
would this make the seeds feminized cuz there was no male plant to sex them up?? and would seeds carry that hermie drama and have alijkelyhood to throw hermies with these new seeds
thx for any input people

QUESTION
would DM reverse have helped me here if i caught earlier

thx again

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I got something to say about your first problem, I dont think the PK boost if used too early, will only give resin production and not contribute to size. Its basically just phosphorus and potassium, both of which are suppose to help produce size. My KoolBloom (0-10-10) is almost the same as PK 13-14 which is technically (0-11-11) and the KB says 'Bulking Formula' on the bottle. Maybe its just the strain that didn't fill in compared to other strains. Sorry I can't help you with your other problems, good luck.

jyip

jyip

I got something to say about your first problem, I dont think the PK boost if used too early, will only give resin production and not contribute to size. Its basically just phosphorus and potassium, both of which are suppose to help produce size. My KoolBloom (0-10-10) is almost the same as PK 13-14 which is technically (0-11-11) and the KB says 'Bulking Formula' on the bottle. Maybe its just the strain that didn't fill in compared to other strains. Sorry I can't help you with your other problems, good luck.
lex, that WAS quite helpful actually, so thx man!

i am familiar with the strain,,, i think because it was effected by the light leak as well that possibly the missing development was caused by the herming plants putting their energy into the seed devopment instead of bud development,,,or maybe their is a lull of growth ,than it will bulk up on the end of flower cycle,,,, i guess i was expecting more for some reason,maybe cuz canna nutes are pricey,,, like 600 or so for this cycle here, boost cost 105 a liter,,, so at least 200 right there

thx

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

lex, that WAS quite helpful actually, so thx man!

i am familiar with the strain,,, i think because it was effected by the light leak as well that possibly the missing development was caused by the herming plants putting their energy into the seed devopment instead of bud development,,,or maybe their is a lull of growth ,than it will bulk up on the end of flower cycle,,,, i guess i was expecting more for some reason,maybe cuz canna nutes are pricey,,, like 600 or so for this cycle here, boost cost 105 a liter,,, so at least 200 right there

thx

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

It sounds like your right, seed developement will take away alot of energy that would of went towards bud growth, good luck and I hope you get a killer harvest to make up for the pricey nutes ;)

kes54800

kes54800

i use pk 13-14 with MOAB for few feedings closer to the end of flowering...before i do a 2week flush.
Say its a 10wk strain...9&10 are flushing..and like 6,7,8 I add the MOAB and PK 13-14 to my current nute regiment which i cut in half when i add the MOAB and PK 13-14.... hope it helps

just what i do..but im still learning toooooooooooooooo

peace
KeS

Top Bottom