I used mosquito nets to protect my plants

• Thread starter TurningGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

I had huge problems with insects (either grasshoppers or crickets) eating my plants. One of those is now almost completely leafless.

I used mosquito nets to protect my plants 3
I used mosquito nets to protect my plants 2

I tried neem oil but it wasn't enough and I started having flowers so I could't spray it too much.
I decided as a last resort to use a mosquito net and put it around the plants. I think it worked pretty good so I wanted to post a pic and a couple of details

I used mosquito nets to protect my plants

Building:

- bought a large enough mosquito net and stapled it togheter, large enough to take it off and pull it over the vase without much trouble
- used two metal wires and bent them for structure by crossing them on the top
- on the bottom of the vase I used a plastic string to close the net

Results

- I immediately stopped finding green leaves pieces on the ground every day
- the plant did not seem to dislike it
- I water them from the outside so I don't need to pull it off everytime
- insects do not eat them, I have not found any hole except from a single one (it may have been the sun because it was over a plastic string I used to keep up a branch and that was ruined too)
- they seem to keep the smell inside a bit

Cons:

- maybe less areation?
- purple bud grew so much it touched the "roof" and bent around so you may need to open and make it taller
- if the buds are touching the net they will get rubbed when you take it off, but some plastic strings may solve the problem

So I would recommend it if you aren't going to make a very large or tall plant, all my autoflowers are perfecly inside.
I don't have any comparison with a normal grow since this is my first one so there may be other issues with quality that I'm not aware of. This was an emergency operation anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom