I want to build the perfect Grow Area 6,000 dollar limit. HELP

• Thread starter linkage4200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If your just lookin to run 2k, I would get a 4x8 tent, a couple air cooled XXXL hoods, a couple 6" inline fans, a scrubber, and an 8 site waterfarm setup and be off to the races.
(1) Darkroom 4x8 Tent = $425.00
(2) 1k Ballast with lamp cord $250.00 ea = $500.00
(2) Hortilux 1000w Super HPS bulbe $100.00ea = $200.00
(2) Magnum XXXL Air Cooled hoods $215.00ea= $430.00
(2) Can fan 6" inline fan $215.00ea = 430.00
(1) 16" Oscillating fan for in the tent = $60.00
(1) 6" flex ducting 25' and 6 hose clamps= $40.00
(1) Can filter 66 scrubber = $250.00

For SOG, I would use (2) 4x4 ebb and flow tables
For Bucket style, 8 site waterfarm with controller or ebb and grow
For container, (8-10) 10# gallon pots with supersoil

Don't waste money on a mover in flower, it will piss you off and you will loose all the way around, movers only in veg..

A 1k mag ballast with hortilux bulb, lamp cord and hood is between $600-$700 and all the bells and whistles add up quick. I set up a few of these a month and even get a super discount. But you will $200 dollar yourself to death for a bit, then $50 dollar yourself a bit and then a month or so of $20 dollarin yourself to death.

Tex

L

livinglegend

start off small, I say dont go over 2k , do not get a portable ac , window units or split systems are the best.

Is this going to be your 1st grow? If so I also say dont use advanced nutes ,alot of adds, etc.. Start off simple, 1 or 2 part nute system , and at most 2 additives, going need deep in nute bottles for your 1st couple runs will most likely cause new growers more problems than benefits.

some of the worst advice ever. portables work FINE, been running them for years. i can get a 4k watt room down to 72 degrees with one 16k BTU portable with ease. window ac's are fine too, but i know my windows get covered with drywall and sealed with infra red sheets. and i dont like those make-shift walls to mount one inside either, becasue than you have to make-shift a way to get the hot air out too. PORTABLE, its clean, movable, height adjustable, has dehumidifiers, everything u need.

anyways, use whatever nutes you want too, just make sure you do your homework and dont over feed. use half the recommended amount and watch for results, youll know if you need to bump it up or take 1 or 2 days of just plain water. If your gunna go 2-4k watts, your gunna want the best nutes available, but that also doesn't mean advanced nutes is the way to go either..... do homework. not all strains like nute heavy feedings and some can take it in real nicely.

Living legend...do you have a thread where you detail your room build? I'd like to see how you put it together. Thanks in advance.

solarz

sorry, i can see from my thread there are no real good pics of the acual setup. when i get time, i'll try to snap some pics to give you all a better view of it.

D

Dubsta

Check out HTG Supply.com u can get alot of those parts for a lot cheaper then other people Listed. I setup a 4k grow room here for a buddy, 4x4 tables, we built ours though way under 6k, i believe under 3k maybe even 2.. We did some DIY stuff though.

------------------------------------------------------
I also just made a DIY for 4x3 tables from lowes for $30 each finished, i just made one for my grow room. DIY though. I'll post a DIY for how i did the 4x3 tables for $30 all u need is a skill saw and a drill. They got nice fittings u can use for ebb flow to there for dirt. I need to take pics of how made my fittings and used 1 rez with a split from the pump to the 2 2x3 tablesl. All SSH Baby going in there today!!
HTG Supply.com I love there equipment they've never failed for me, there cheap small scrubbers suck, i think they use cheap activated carbin but there name brand ones they don't make are top of the line, and there prices on most of there stuff are really good. Some places i have seen have some stuff for cheaper but for lights there the place to go and for alot of other stuff. There Easy Cool Reflectors are really nice and good size. They have the hinged glass that opens and seal perfect! The Ballasts are digital to and if u want to save even more money just get there coil ballast. You get the Easy Cool 8in Cool reflector for only $58 extra witch comes out to be a good deal. Extremely good hoods, I ordered 4 of there 600w Setups and got the euro hoods and and the hoods are Extremely small and suck comepared to the easy-cool ones. There nice if u have a small 3ft or smaller closet grow or a 3x3 table they work perfect. I'd only recommend them for a small closet rather spent $10 more for the easy cool 6.

Here's the price for 2 1000w digital ballast and hortilux bulbs, hoods and everything u need. I got the cheap bulbs and bought a hortilux and with a light meter they horitlux isnt a huge difference so i'd save $69.00 a light and go with there cheap ones if you are running low on cash. Id just see what everything else cost first and if u can get them get them but if not there not much different.
Digital Electronic 1000 watt HPS Grow Light System
EasyCool 8 Reflector + $58.00
Hortilux Super HPS Lamp 1000 Watt + $69.00
No MH Bulb, Ballast takes both MH and HPS. Plug and Play
No Spare HPS Bulb
No Timer
110 volt power cord
Standard Warranty
$440.95 $881.90
Subtotal: $881.90
Shipping: $100.27
Tax: $0.00
Total: $982.17

$40 extra for a warrent on each ballast not a bad idea.
For Lumatec ballast kit there $569 plus shipping for 1 setup. the Digital electonics are only $440 and i love mine. So thats $169 per light setup cheaper.
Now my buddy got one of there 4x4 tents and its works Good for his 600w EasyCool 6 reflector with a cheap 4in inline fan from ebay, but i wouldn't get a 4x8 Tent from them unless they made those a lot more sturdier or they probably suck ass my boy like his 4x4 tent though. He's done a few crops already in it so no worry about the bad white poly.
----------------------------------------------------

They even have 9x9x9 or maybe 7fit tall tent on Ebay and there dope, I can't remember the name off the top of my head.. They would work perfect for the 4 air cooled 1000w lights and u could add co2, just need a good 8in Inline Fan/. I think it would be WAY under 6k.

Or by a roll of pandafilm. a bunch of 2x4's and make the room and use pandafilm on the walls like on Jorge Cerevas first video, he show's u how to make it and place or fan if your not using co2, good video if u havn't watched it, and dont know what im talking about, his last 2 videos i didn't care for. more ourdoor help. U can download them all on isohunt.com, Id just watch the first one its the best.. It shows u how to make one really good! I believe a lot cheaper then a grow tent that size, But thats DIY stuff and I dont know if your that kinda guy/girl like alot of us are.

Cheap 4x3 DIY Table
C

CannabisSativa

some of the worst advice ever. portables work FINE, been running them for years. i can get a 4k watt room down to 72 degrees with one 16k BTU portable with ease. window ac's are fine too, but i know my windows get covered with drywall and sealed with infra red sheets. and i dont like those make-shift walls to mount one inside either, becasue than you have to make-shift a way to get the hot air out too. PORTABLE, its clean, movable, height adjustable, has dehumidifiers, everything u need.

anyways, use whatever nutes you want too, just make sure you do your homework and dont over feed. use half the recommended amount and watch for results, youll know if you need to bump it up or take 1 or 2 days of just plain water. If your gunna go 2-4k watts, your gunna want the best nutes available, but that also doesn't mean advanced nutes is the way to go either..... do homework. not all strains like nute heavy feedings and some can take it in real nicely.

sorry, i can see from my thread there are no real good pics of the acual setup. when i get time, i'll try to snap some pics to give you all a better view of it.

LL, the starter of this thread even said he bought a portable and think it sucks, start a pole, Im sure most will say they suck.

L

linkage4200

Wow You all are a big help here. I think I can really like it here. Thank you you all.Tex thanks for coming back with something I can ponder on. LOL I didn't even think that the perfect grow room was about 10 to 20 Gs. Wow!! I though I was doing good with two tents co2ed out and a bc northern lights box? I'm moving and I want to improve my set up. Any how thanks again. You all have given me some more food for thought. Ill get the 2 x 1000

M

mrdizzle

the perfect grow room for 6large,,,,,,,,,leather couch, striper poles, stripers, panda film, watering can, couple used lights, fan n filter, nutes, clean towels, a green bulb, shopvac, string, scissors, a burner phone, a 32gal trash can, im forgettin something, oh yea striper pole n clean towels

L

linkage4200

LOL.. DO I KNOW YOU??? Mr Dizzle? Honestly the portable A/Cs are ok. The one we got. I dont think it does the cooling as well as the window one Im thinking about getting. IMO

JH420

JH420

There is a thread around here about portable AC's you won't have to look hard to find it, read and form your own opinion...no disrespect to LL but he is going against the grain here. I have no opinion on the matter as I don't have any experience with AC units. I think a tent will save you a tonne of money compared to constructing a room, even if you do the work yourself. I also think a tent can be more productive as you get the reflection off all sides, no wasted light on a walkway...the 4 x 8 tent with air cooled 1000's is the best advice you can get, run with that.

L

livinglegend

the debate on if which is better can go forever because of the different uses in them.
but to say that they "suck" is just flat out ridiculous for the simple fact that i have been running them since i started growing and have NEVER had a problem. All my buddys run them aswell. A good friend of mine can check his portable temps and adjust them from his cell phone. im not really trying to argue at all. Just offering my opinion from personal experience, no "hear say" bullshit, ive ran them all........... and after my first window unit, i jumped to the portable side. its much nicer for many reasons.

goodluck.

Top Bottom