Ice Box Water-Cooled Heat Exchanger - anyone using these?

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTgrower

my local hydo guy has a grow tent set up in the store using those ice boxes!! as i was looking at it he walked up beside me and said this is what u need in your grow room, keeps things hella cool!!

As he walked away one of the workers walked up beside me so i asked him how good are they and he smiled and told me to look at all of the ice boxes on the floor, then he leaned over and whispered that they were all RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This means a whole lot of nothing. I use nothing but 6 and 8 inch Ice boxes, HI water cooled dehumidifier, and HI water cooled propane burner with Ice cap. I have 7hp of Chillking chillers, but currently have them shut off from the system and I'm running to waste from my wells. I can keep my 10Kw flowering room at a perfect 79.8 degrees, 1500 PPM, and about 35% RH. Some may think this to be a low RH, but it works well for me. I've been running the system for over a year, and I have nothing but great things to say about the products other than the the fact that the spot chillers are not good quality IMO, and all the chillers are overpriced. Especially the spot chillers. If you are going to spend the money and want a Chillking, go for a commercial unit. I think 3HP is the smallest commercial grade chiller.

As some have suggested, you can definitely find heat scrubbers that you can use that are less expensive than HI products. For my setup, it was just much easier, though more expensive, to buy the ready-to-use products from HI.

The water cooled dehumidifiers are expensive, but I love them. I own two. They are just the 70 pint Frigidaire units converted to a water cooled unit.

When set up properly, water cooling or food safe PG is bomb, and keeps things hella cool!

green punk

green punk

^^^

Thats a lot cooling of equipment. You must be a owner of a retail hydro shopor they love you and give you a giant discount.

Hows the Air Pot run going?

M

MTgrower

^^^

Thats a lot cooling of equipment. You must be a owner of a retail hydro shopor they love you and give you a giant discount.

Hows the Air Pot run going?

My fiancee used to own 50% of The Green Light Garden and Brew. Now they split the business and Steve owns 100% of the garden and brew store, while Sabrina owns the new location on the corner of Higgins and Broadway.

However, The prices I paid at the store when she was still partial owner were their cost. So, while I did get a retail discount, I would have saved money if I had bought everything online. Watercooledgardens sells shit lower than the store's cost. So, I paid a bit more than you would if you ordered everything listed off the internet.

The Air Pots are amazing. I'm never switching back to anything else. I grow in soil only. Starting seeds in 1L of Light Warrior, or Black Gold seed mix and transplanting directly into the 5 Gal. using my soil mix.

The Air Pots do exactly what they say they do in the video. Zero root circling, and much more root structure in the soil. I've also realized that you can top water these pots just like any other pot. If you water soil that is too dry, it will initially flow off to the sides in any pot. It is no different when water flows down the sides of a normal pot and immediately flows out the bottom.

I only worked at the gardening store for a short while before my medical conditions made me unemployable.

T

theTinker

Using one of these with cold water circulating through it from a municipal source or res.

Can a inlike fan be used to cool the ambient air temperature in the room?

Would it be a noticeable effect with a 10C-20C water temperature in use?

I find these ideas most useful as a HVAC guy is not an option, and these are alot quieter than a compressor!

Latest posts

Top Bottom