ice water hash .vs. butane extracted hash

• Thread starter bicycle racer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bicycle racer

made some bho out of a whole plant of pre 98bubba kush/larry og kush fem hybrid i created. it was a seed grow so why not. almost too strong i wake up after a full nights sleep still stoned it lasts half the day as well only two vaped bowls possibly the best i have made so far.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

LOL i feel ya , the Sweet Golden Lubricants rock !!!
Like naplam in the morning lol

L

Lost

bossman ciggs or not go ride why not makes the high afterwords so much more rewarding.

True dat! Thats one on the reasons I surf so much. When the waves are small, I make my self go anyway because there is nothing like a surf, a shower and a bowl!

B

bicycle racer

yes a bowl after physical exertion or a hard days work is always such a better high than smoking right away early in the day at least for me.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i for one dont agree. it smells more, but tastes the same at first, and after a few days if not stored airtight, smells much less and tastes less too. the reason it smells more is that the terpenes are readily released in open air at room temps, whereas the oil form is more stable and doesnt degrade so rapidly, and also therefore has less odor at room temps, yet retains its flavor for much longer.

Y

YoungDizZle

hmk has shown me the way. before hmk bho instructional i would have said that it is all good (i still will actually). but the bho, (now that i got it down pat,) is by far the best quality one can make at home easily and quickly.

completely melts to liquid and disappeared. ashlesssss

Blaze

Blaze

Water extracted is safer, cheaper, and cleaner. If done right , you can end up with a product that is far superior to any chemical extraction, both in terms of flavor and potency. Yeah, I know a lot of you are not going to believe me on that one, but almost no one seems to know how to actually make good bubble hash. Most of the photos I always see posted on these forums is of brown or greenish crumbly crap. If this is what you are comparing, then yes, oil is going to be better.

As someone else pointed out, Sub Cool has posted some very good info on his bubble technique. If you follow his instructions to can end up with something that is just pure trich heads and nothing else.

Oil might be a bit more concentrated than well done bubble hash, but the flavor is always pretty lacking and it is never as smooth. Well done bubble is almost like taking a vape hit - all you get is flavor and essence.

Unfortunately I have never seen anyone outside of Mendo other than Sub Cool who has figured out this technique. I just wish I could send you all a piece of properly done bubble so you could see what I am talking about, hehe ;)

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Why choose 1? I like BHO on top of my Bubble! cant really beat that combo unless someone on here knows how to make THC Acetate with acidic anhydride...

Blaze

Blaze

Haha, that's a good point strainman =) Just pile it all on and toke up!

Actually mixing your low grade bubble that won't stick together with a little oil makes a pretty nice product. Many people seem to prefer it over straight BHO or bubble.

B

bicycle racer

i have had real good bubble and real good bho nothing hits harder than properly made solvent extracts. from a chemists standpoint water extract cannot reach the potency of solvent extracts its not possible.

Blaze

Blaze

That may be true, but chemical extracts are more selective, and much of the flavor of the cannabis is lost when using them. Chemical extracts always leave behind some residual chemicals because they are never 100% pure. Chemical extracts are technically more potent by weight, but it's not always just about the THC and the other main cannabinoids.

Really well made bubble should have nothing but pure trich heads in it, so almost the full spectrum of chemical compounds will still be in tact, and without any additional residues. The result is something that is smoother and has a more intense flavor than oils.

Like a lot of this stuff much of it comes down to personal opinion, what you like, and what you have experienced. Personally, I would rather get slightly less THC if it means having the smoother smoke and the better flavor.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
best flavor comes from butane oil vaporized on hot metal filtered through a small water bubbler. almost all agree, after trying it.

Blaze

Blaze

best flavor comes from butane oil vaporized on hot metal filtered through a small water bubbler. almost all agree, after trying it.

Yeah, I've tried it - I was not that impressed, but then again I've never never been impressed by anything made with butane.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
to each his own. i used to smoke hash. for like 20 yrs. :)

Blaze

Blaze

Hehe, that's really what it comes down to most of the time. Peace.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
in a way what i am kind of saying is its no use trying to teach some people. i used to smoke hash, but have learned better finally, after 20 years of suffering, i finally found a much much better way to intake thc. its surprising you have had so many negative experiences with something that so many have had only good things to say about, and REALLY good things usually, at that. its too bad you have had bad experience with the butane extract so far. oh well. try and vaporize your hash as opposed to smoking it maybe, at least thats not so harmful. i would just make hash and vaporize it, if it melted as good as oil, or tasted anywhere near as good.

B

bicycle racer

what i do is rotate my ten strains of flowers every 3 days or so as to not build a tolerance to any one cannabinoid profile i then put some of my bho in with some bud in my vape. in this way im always getting lots of thc but also constantly changing cannabinoid profiles this for me works very well. sometimes i make a few different batches of bho as well and switch them up lately im vaping a mixed strain bho on some headband 707.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I am in agreeance too nothing thumps ya in the head like some well made BHO>>>>>Gobba Goo as I call it:) Have the same o'kief tube for years, still original screen:) I like bubble and bho but as far as getting medicated to the fullest BHO>>>>When you know what your doing your experience is much more enjoyable.. Not everyone can make good oil or bubble imo..

:passingjoint:

GTD

Latest posts

Top Bottom