Ideal pH range for soilless mediums

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Honestly, there really isn't any difference that is visual when using either 6.5 or 6.0 pH for my nutrient solution. This is in no way a scientific experiment, but the plants are 2 different strains and there all from seed, which also means different phenotypes, so I can't tell the difference from the pH. There is a difference in growth patterns, but thats more from the pheno being different then the pH.

I'm sure if someone really wanted to try it out they could do a more controlled experiment, but I'm running coco next run and I'll probably stick with 5.8-6.2 pH throughout the entire grow.

JPLord01

JPLord01

If your ph goes up on you run off they are eatting if it goes down there not eating. So if you water at 5.8 and your run is 6.5 you need to up your PPM by like 100 and see how that work for you. I think if you can get it to a slow up swing the better. So you water at 5.8 then you check the ph it went up 2 points over 24hr thats good so if it goes like 6 to 8 point it need more food. There is a fine line.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If your ph goes up on you run off they are eatting if it goes down there not eating. So if you water at 5.8 and your run is 6.5 you need to up your PPM by like 100 and see how that work for you. I think if you can get it to a slow up swing the better. So you water at 5.8 then you check the ph it went up 2 points over 24hr thats good so if it goes like 6 to 8 point it need more food. There is a fine line.

I haven't checked the pH of my run-off in a few weeks, but I'll keep track of it the next few weeks to see i it fluctuates. Thanks for the tip.

putembk

putembk

Is this your opinion or do you have documentation. I know a few who say their ph will fade over time once in flower. I used to add soil stabilizer to stop the fade but after getting a r/o filter can control it by simply adding a little higher ph solution. Sure seems like they are eating to me, looks healthy and will suck a 5 gal pot dry in 72 hrs. Sometimes faster depending on the strain and how much they stretch in flower.

JPLord01

JPLord01

This is what work for me I know that if I get a big swing in 24 hr they need more food there eating fast.So I feed them more
I up the ppms by 100 at a time. I have had them show me PH at 4.2 after I was feeding hard for a week and my PPM where like 2100 so I feed them at 450 with a lot of run off they where look a lot better after about 4 to 5 day of doing this. Then I up them to 700 to 800 ppms
I got the build up at a ppms of 1100. I think when you run your hum at 60to65% the dont eat as much with high PPMs so 700 to 800 is good for me I max most of the time at 900. And when I up the ppms I do it with the bloom. Im on a dosatron system no rez so I check when they water.

K

kushsmoker30

This is what work for me I know that if I get a big swing in 24 hr they need more food there eating fast.So I feed them more
I up the ppms by 100 at a time. I have had them show me PH at 4.2 after I was feeding hard for a week and my PPM where like 2100 so I feed them at 450 with a lot of run off they where look a lot better after about 4 to 5 day of doing this. Then I up them to 700 to 800 ppms
I got the build up at a ppms of 1100. I think when you run your hum at 60to65% the dont eat as much with high PPMs so 700 to 800 is good for me I max most of the time at 900. And when I up the ppms I do it with the bloom. Im on a dosatron system no rez so I check when they water.

no kidding on da build up in coco, i've hit plants at 850-900 ppms n it wasn't enough i up it to 1050-1100 for a few feedings next thing i know run off is like 1350. shit'll piss u off

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

My nutrient solution is at 400-450 ppm (0.8-0.9 EC) and the run-off is 450. I feed every watering with 10-20% run-off. I think salts get built up because people over-feed. I rather have more frequent light feedings instead of less frequent heavy feedings. I think the run-off EC should be about 10-15% higher then what you put in, thats with soilless mediums like coco, peat, ect. If the EC is lower in the run-off, then your under-feeding. Read any agriculture studies, they say the EC is suppose to be slightly higher in the run-off (leach) then what you put in. That means the plants are using what you give them and its not too much or too little.

K

kushsmoker30

i will say that when my plants have came out 250-300 ppms higher then what went in they weren't hurt or anything, i jus figured i'd over done it a tad cing as they didn't eat it all n things were starting to build up a bit.

i've feed 1100 ppms before without watering inbetween n when shit looked a bit hurt or pushed i tested run off n things where in the 1500-1700 range, i felt when this happened it hurt my smell some what

Top Bottom