Ideas For Stealth Air Exchange and Odor Control Please

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Looking for ideas to make a light and odor proof air intake. The room is 720 sq', or 8x10x9. I tried a 12x12" darkroom vent but too much resistance for my 8" can fan. Could add a 12x14 but is there anyway to calculate passive air flow through these things so its not just trial and error? I could just use ducting and bend it to prevent light from passing through I guess. Not very elegant.
Which brings me the the next problem, odor control. Is there a control that will keep the fan running for a little negative pressure then kick up the speed to vent when the temps get too high? Already got a scrubber.

G

Gnostic

best to use a couple of 90 elbows and a filter box. I built mine using plywood and ducting fittings (8") inlet starters.inside I placed runners to hold standard furnace filters 2 in line so as to get double filtration and 0 light penetration. picture a box 17 x 21-- inlet in one end opposite end outlet in the middle on side access panel containing 2 16 x 20 furnace filters spaced about 1 in. apart and held in place by 1 x 1 slates. I use this box on air cooled lights and air intakes on vented rooms.
fan controller override, start reading up on whole room controllers, these P.L.C. programmable logic controllers are available to do and are capable of perfoming a verity of simple task automatically. But simpler solution for you may be a sealed room w/ a scrubber for odor. and a exhaust fan/ filter only in high heat situations. this also allows for easy co2 use. sorry no pix of box not big on pix. so what i can do .

Hydrone

Hydrone

Looking for ideas to make a light and odor proof air intake. The room is 720 sq', or 8x10x9. I tried a 12x12" darkroom vent but too much resistance for my 8" can fan. Could add a 12x14 but is there anyway to calculate passive air flow through these things so its not just trial and error? I could just use ducting and bend it to prevent light from passing through I guess. Not very elegant.
Which brings me the the next problem, odor control. Is there a control that will keep the fan running for a little negative pressure then kick up the speed to vent when the temps get too high? Already got a scrubber.

i don’t really count on my scrubber (carbon filter) to exhaust heat, especially 8” just to remove the scent, and another inline for heat, there are stainless silencers for ducting for stealth.
pics or more info would be helpful . . . .

U

Underground

Look for a heat recovery ventilation system and use it in reverse and closed inside system. This would only work to equalize with outdoor air temps. These were designed for buildings which require air changes. It takes the exhaust air and runs it and the make up air (intake) through a heat exchanger so that the heat from the air being exhausted can be at least partially recovered. Obviously not 100%. If outside air is 20* and inside air is 70* the best you will get is 45*. But still somewhat helpful.

Top Bottom