Identification please, Is this Ditch Weed?

• Thread starter SgtSchultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SgtSchultz

I'm not a "grower" Hell I'm an occasional user at best. Wife and I reseeded and area of lawn just off back patio of house. With some local high quality "weed" free grass seed. Well this beast must of been in there somewhere. We are in Midwest, and "ditch" weed is a common everyday thing. But I'd never seen it really flower. this plant we just let grow as a joke, well it's frickin huge, and I have no idea if I should just dig it up and toss on the back burn pile, or "harvest" and dry it. The main stem is almost three inches in diameter. I know nothing about growing, or classifying, or identifying the plant. Weed is not legal here, though I've had others tell me since it's not "cultivated" and wild growth that it's not really anything to worry about legally, but talk is cheap when compared to the reality of a cop seeing it. It sure smells like pot, and I can see real terpenes that are forming. Any help/guidance/suggestions are fully welcome.

Identification please is this ditch weed
Identification please is this ditch weed 2
S

SgtSchultz

I'm not a "grower" Hell I'm an occasional user at best. Wife and I reseeded and area of lawn just off back patio of house. With some local high quality "weed" free grass seed. Well this beast must of been in there somewhere. We are in Midwest, and "ditch" weed is a common everyday thing. But I'd never seen it really flower. this plant we just let grow as a joke, well it's frickin huge, and I have no idea if I should just dig it up and toss on the back burn pile, or "harvest" and dry it. The main stem is almost three inches in diameter. I know nothing about growing, or classifying, or identifying the plant. Weed is not legal here, though I've had others tell me since it's not "cultivated" and wild growth that it's not really anything to worry about legally, but talk is cheap when compared to the reality of a cop seeing it. It sure smells like pot, and I can see real terpenes that are forming. Any help/guidance/suggestions are fully welcome.
Here are a few more shots for plant size - its well over 9Ft tall.

20220906 082225
20220906 082155
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You got a huge female plant budding. Looks like you are in a more private area. The shape of it makes it look like a bush. I would give it some more time and harvest that plant. That’s going to be a lot of weed!

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hard to tell for sure but certainly has a lot of the characteristics of hemp/wild strains that was grown sensimilla. Pretty far into flower. Are you in North America? Any chance someone was packing a bowl near your driveway? I used to Johnny Potseed all the time when on the road.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Take a few buds, dry them and give them a try.

As I mentioned in another post, I think that could be a ditchweed/THCplant hybrid. Those leaves are very narrow, but I've never seen ditchweed with buds that nice.

R

ritoMox

Take a few buds, dry them and give them a try.

As I mentioned in another post, I think that could be a ditchweed/THCplant hybrid. Those leaves are very narrow, but I've never seen ditchweed with buds that nice.
I have. Even smoked it after one of my buddies dried/cured it. Barely got us high and flavor/smell was for shit. Of course, knowing what I NOW know about drying/curing, I'd say it would have possibly been better had he known how to dry/cure back then. All he ever did was hang it to dry with no consideration for any RH, etc, and then put it in brown paper bags for two weeks. Others that I knew always had fire, but they wouldn't spill the beans on their dry/cure.✌️

Homesteader

Homesteader

That is about half done imo. Let it go until it yellows and sends out long tricomes. Not sure if it is CBD only but those sativas can run many weeks more than normal hybrid. Some around 15-20 weeks. I am still confused on how it flowered out that much unless it is not day sensitive.

S

SgtSchultz

Hard to tell for sure but certainly has a lot of the characteristics of hemp/wild strains that was grown sensimilla. Pretty far into flower. Are you in North America? Any chance someone was packing a bowl near your driveway? I used to Johnny Potseed all the time when on the road.
Yes , North America, smack dab in the midwest. Historically Hemp was a farmed cash crop here in region up until 1940's.

R

ritoMox

fair point, I can however do a google search, and I have been looking for answers. :) trying to work out if its ditch weed, which has almost no THC, and wont do anything but cause headaches.
Yep. Sorry about that, the obvious went over my head🤦‍♂️ Still a cool thing to find in your yard, I must say👍✌️

grnmtn

grnmtn

That thing is insane! Any seeds forming? What does it smell like? Fruit? Fuel? Skunk? Let her go till she is done.

Top Bottom