Identifying Sex, And White Growth

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I'm starting to think (hope) that they are just slow to flower... Is that common with indicas? Because it's only a week behind my sour Larry lime pebbles, and they are way bigger

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It looks like a resin sac?
FYI males will throw flowers even in veg so if it’s going long enough , at maturity it will tell ya definitely, but I’m leaning towards maybe a herm but like all said give it more time And in about 14-18days it will define gender more clearly

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

It looks like a resin sac?
FYI males will throw flowers even in veg so if it’s going long enough , at maturity it will tell ya definitely, but I’m leaning towards maybe a herm but like all said give it more time And in about 14-18days it will define gender more clearly
I just found my second herm in my sour Larry lime pebbles grow. Could light leaks cause this? I also checked my timer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its still a bit early to be sure like Jack just said above but yes. Any stress can reverse a skitzy plant. Light leaks, heat stress, nutrient stress. Or the plant will stay female no matter what.

If they are balls they wont open for a while so dont panic. Just watch and learn. And make sure your environment is stable. Because if you fix the stressors even already reversing plants can go back to normal.

Also modern hybrids particularly crom feminized seed can have indeterminate pre flowers that kind of look male and female but then just grow into female flowers. Usually at the node like you are showing.

Its easy to panic. I did. I have answered both ways already. Lets stay calm.

Keep posting updates.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Its still a bit early to be sure like Jack just said above but yes. Any stress can reverse a skitzy plant. Light leaks, heat stress, nutrient stress. Or the plant will stay female no matter what.

If they are balls they wont open for a while so dont panic. Just watch and learn. And make sure your environment is stable. Because if you fix the stressors even already reversing plants can go back to normal.

Also modern hybrids particularly crom feminized seed can have indeterminate pre flowers that kind of look male and female but then just grow into female flowers. Usually at the node like you are showing.

Its easy to panic. I did. I have answered both ways already. Lets stay calm.

Keep posting updates.
Just found this in my tent too
IMG 20190123 193747933

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I checked timer, temps are 61-81. I know there are pinholes in my tent but it's in my basement with windows blacked out and I keep lights off as much as I can in the basement when plants are sleeping...

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I checked timer, temps are 61-81. I know there are pinholes in my tent but it's in my basement with windows blacked out and I keep lights off as much as I can in the basement when plants are sleeping...
I’d just wait it out, no need to panic. Some plants have the tendency to throw weird shit but I’d say give it 2 weeks if the sacs don’t progress you maybe ok or chop it . For now I’d say. You are ok. Pic below is what a male will look like in flower

FDDF8D5B 0252 4C93 907F E640C034531D
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I’d just wait it out, no need to panic. Some plants have the tendency to throw weird shit but I’d say give it 2 weeks if the sacs don’t progress you maybe ok or chop it . For now I’d say. You are ok. Pic below is what a male will look like in flower
Wait, are you talking about the first plant? Or the picture I just posted? LoL sorry I'm a little slow...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Found similar shit on one of my paks but they all flowered as females do. Tho haven’t checked for seeds yet :)

The curled up pistils are all my paks throw too. After one of them turned purple they became so noticable i took a look and they’re pistils.
Yeah, it's really strange... It's like the pistils don't like to come out of the tips of the calyx on this plant. They kinda come out of the side. Maybe that's why I'm not seeing a lot of hairs yet. It's like they don't wanna come out...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just found this in my tent too
View attachment 853295

Hey sorry i didnt log in earlier. That ball on the right looks like a male flower starting to open. I would pick that off if you havent. I pick off anything that looks too male. Lol.

If you are turning lights on in the basement and there are light leaks it is possible. Just tape over them with gorilla tape. Easy to see during lights on. I make a larger zipper flap with the tape too on my tents. Stops zipper snags too.

I looked back again. I didnt realize you were so far into bloom. Should always include whole plant pics too i think. She is growing big balls. Pick them off and fix any stress. Heat is usually primary. Look for stale hot spots. I move my hands over the the canopy to make sure the air is moving and feels cool. I make adjustments as the weather outside changes and my fan speeds may change.

And watch the nutrient stress. When you see leaf stress , yellow tips, edges up etc. give some fresh water to dillute the built up fertilizer or available nutrients. Keep the roots happy and the leaves happy and the buds get super happy. :-)

Thats my best advice. I adjust everything looking for medium green happy leaves as much as I can. Fans lights nute concentration. Leaching with some extra water sooner than later when we make mistakes.

Grow on!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hey sorry i didnt log in earlier. That ball on the right looks like a male flower starting to open. I would pick that off if you havent. I pick off anything that looks too male. Lol.

If you are turning lights on in the basement and there are light leaks it is possible. Just tape over them with gorilla tape. Easy to see during lights on. I make a larger zipper flap with the tape too on my tents. Stops zipper snags too.

I looked back again. I didnt realize you were so far into bloom. Should always include whole plant pics too i think. She is growing big balls. Pick them off and fix any stress. Heat is usually primary. Look for stale hot spots. I move my hands over the the canopy to make sure the air is moving and feels cool. I make adjustments as the weather outside changes and my fan speeds may change.

And watch the nutrient stress. When you see leaf stress , yellow tips, edges up etc. give some fresh water to dillute the built up fertilizer or available nutrients. Keep the roots happy and the leaves happy and the buds get super happy. :)

Thats my best advice. I adjust everything looking for medium green happy leaves as much as I can. Fans lights nute concentration. Leaching with some extra water sooner than later when we make mistakes.

Grow on!
Thanks for all the advice! I chopped the whole plant tho. I'm looking for a keeper that I can clone, and I don't have time or room for that bull shit lol.

What really bugs me, is that my environment is even better and more dialed in than my last grow. I battled high temps and reached 90 degrees at some point on my last grow. And it went pretty smoothly.

Anyway, long story short. I wanna scrap any genetics that can Herm so easily.

And for real, I don't think it's light leaks. I notice the pinholes when I'm outside the tent and the gavita is blasting through it. But I really don't think the dinky little cfl lights in my basement can penetrate through my tent very well.

But thanks again. Nothing else I can do but try to improve any way I can and learn from this...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If you wanna be sure..just get a few cheapo space blankets and drape them over the tent..that should stop any light leaks..As for "genetics that won't herm"..I don't think you can find anything that doesn't carry the Hermie gene (survival gene for them). With that said..One of my tents is an inexpensive Vivosun with D door..That thing has pin hole leaks galore and no hermies in 3 yrs (in that tent). My breeding tent is a Gorilla Knockoff by Uhit Farm..It has those flaps that cover the zippers completely..That will be what I replace the Vivosun with when it's time. I hear people using glue/dark nail polish to seal over the pinholes.

Also to be sure about yours..Go inside the tent with the lights off and the room lights on..You will see anything for sure that way..Just don't get trapped inside..LOL

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

If you wanna be sure..just get a few cheapo space blankets and drape them over the tent..that should stop any light leaks..As for "genetics that won't herm"..I don't think you can find anything that doesn't carry the Hermie gene (survival gene for them). With that said..One of my tents is an inexpensive Vivosun with D door..That thing has pin hole leaks galore and no hermies in 3 yrs (in that tent). My breeding tent is a Gorilla Knockoff by Uhit Farm..It has those flaps that cover the zippers completely..That will be what I replace the Vivosun with when it's time. I hear people using glue/dark nail polish to seal over the pinholes.

Also to be sure about yours..Go inside the tent with the lights off and the room lights on..You will see anything for sure that way..Just don't get trapped inside..LOL
Oh for sure bro, I know you can't rid the Herm trait 100%. I was more talking about that specific plant. I don't want to clone a plant that can Herm as easily as that one.

And I know @thunderfudge and exotic genetix both put out good gear. Trust me, I've seen a million grow journals and pics.

Fudge checks on my journal every now and then. He said himself that it was a true Herm and it's genetic and not my fault. Maybe I'm just having bad luck...

That being said, I like your blanket idea. I might do that. Maybe it will act as insulation too, cuz it can get a little chilly at night.

And like I said, the verdict isn't in yet on the exotic genetix plants. I could very well be over reacting...

Top Bottom