identyfying a13 genius pheno

• Thread starter william76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
william76

william76

I was hopeing somebody could give me a little info on what the genius pheno looks like,iv got a few goin now,but iv got another pack id like to pop,but. I'd like to know what to look for,iv got a rough idea,but I'd like to hear from some. Experienced farmers ,thanks all in advance,and keep on growing,76

Motarebel

Motarebel

Wish mendel was around as i haven't grown the A-13 yet. I have grown out A-11 several times and was around during the old CW days when Fet and other big heads declared the "Genius" pheno's branching had a heavy zig zig pattern.

william76

william76

Wish mendel was around as i haven't grown the A-13 yet. I have grown out A-11 several times and was around during the old CW days when Fet and other big heads declared the "Genius" pheno's branching had a heavy zig zig pattern.
I've heard that before,but I don't know what it means,also it's lemon flavoured?iv done a few runs,first 5 was 2 female but they stank of oranges/grapefruit,more oranges though,so I assumed they weren't the genius pheno,still a great high,thanks,76

tipz

tipz

It was called alternate phylotaxi, fet only had A11
the Canadian seed company did a11g

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

the genius pheno had a weird trait where the main stem would bend away from the branch at about a 30* angle instead of growing straight up so it looked like a zig zag

tipz.... fet/spice brothers offered a apollo 11 G also near the end of cw

i still have one growing...a11, not the g pheno

fwiw

tipz

tipz

Spice brothers was fet and dman. Fet was primarily bros grimm
oriented. Canadian seed launched it before fet, how i don't know. Bodhi got his later version from fet. Whereas A11 was more stretch stringy sat, a11g was more white woods oriented
I always thought a11g had some connection to 98 aloha white widow, but doubtful.... they looked amazing similar, when fet and i would talk, he gave me that impression, but who knows.
With the right phenotype i preferred a11. A11g is silk, but if you pruned it....crazy branching. Lets see... green giant, Vietnam blk, c99, a11. I never did much dman even tho some of his things were really good. The two of them kinda fizzled out, but kept the spice brothers name around

william76

william76

Spice brothers was fet and dman. Fet was primarily bros grimm
oriented. Canadian seed launched it before fet, how i don't know. Bodhi got his later version from fet. Whereas A11 was more stretch stringy sat, a11g was more white woods oriented
I always thought a11g had some connection to 98 aloha white widow, but doubtful.... they looked amazing similar, when fet and i would talk, he gave me that impression, but who knows.
With the right phenotype i preferred a11. A11g is silk, but if you pruned it....crazy branching. Lets see... green giant, Vietnam blk, c99, a11. I never did much dman even tho some of his things were really good. The two of them kinda fizzled out, but kept the spice brothers name around
Thanks for the info,i think I may have seen this trait,ill check at lights on,iv always heard it's lemon flavoured?i flowered 2 out there with a grapefruit and orange but mostly orange on one,so I assumed they weren't genius,thanks again 76

tipz

tipz

The ones i have known were lemon just like a11. Phenotypes have been massaged so much, that expectation of the original
Genetics is becoming increasingly more elusive. As folks work these lines even for one generation, if the pheno they keep isn't like the original, the name survives, but the plant is something quite different. Nice talking to ya

tipz

tipz

If you want a representation of dmans stuff...subfool might be a place to start..alot of those lines were started with brothers grimm stuff, then subfool git his hands on double purple dojo and crosses them to bros grime, and what your seeing today is a refinement of those crosses. There's nothing magical about subfool..... bros grimm x double purple dojo equals the sum total of sub, the rest was just hype Tipz

william76

william76

:drowning::blackalien::inpain::hilarious::clown::coldfeet::poto::jimlad::borg::borg::borg::borg::locktopic: These are motas f4,s,there fire,ive got a few more seeds and i'm making f5,s now too,i just ran 2 females from seed,cloned 1, the one that was pure orange,it was good from seed,but it was great from clone 2nd time,pissed off I never cloned it,i thought it's not genius and I had more seeds,i regret it now,coz the high was how iv heard genius,s high described,but it pure reeked of orange with a touch of grapefruit in an evil good way,all the best, 76

Last edited:
tipz

tipz

I would seriously question the existence of an Apollo 13 genius prototype. Now i remember, Canadian seed did what they called A11Gf4, they claimed the genius phenotype as they called it, had been forced 4 times. I suppose they meant a f4 which would be a stable line if that were true. When i grew it, very peachy, limey, lemony C99 golfball type bud. Extreme branching to a fault. Looked a helluva lot like 98AlohaWW. Other experienced guys could probably help with more information

tipz

tipz

Id say that citrus terpene expression would be a indicator.
Without that expression.... no way a11g

william76

william76

I would seriously question the existence of an Apollo 13 genius prototype. Now i remember, Canadian seed did what they called A11Gf4, they claimed the genius phenotype as they called it, had been forced 4 times. I suppose they meant a f4 which would be a stable line if that were true. When i grew it, very peachy, limey, lemony C99 golfball type bud. Extreme branching to a fault. Looked a helluva lot like 98AlohaWW. Other experienced guys could probably help with more information
Thanks for the info,these were made by mendel each gen from f1 up I think,in such a way as to not bottleneck the genes and preserve all phenos,genius,gorilla arm etc,and they done a good job from what I've seen,fits bros grimms description,i think she'll be a favourite for a while,thanks again,76

tipz

tipz

I know the beans you are talking about now
Hope u enjoy them tipz

BlackBart

BlackBart

The A-11 G phenotype is a sprawley bitch . I have seed stock from both Fet and Dman from the old days since they are friends and I also did some breeding for them . I still have some of the old seed stock from those days and have also grown out mendels A-13 with is a tad more indica then the A- ll. Genius is a super clear high and cuts through the cobwebs.

william76

william76

Thanks for chiming in @BlackBart , I popped a few seeds and came up with the same pheno. Really delicious and a nice clear high, but I don't think it was the Genius. Was mango all day, short bush with lots of branching. Loved the herb, look forward to popping more.
Iv found 2 phenos so far,orange/grapefruit and pure orange.first one was big with big colas,second was shorter,more cindy looking,real good smoke,much better second time from clone,at 50 days,more genius like high,76

elkhunter

elkhunter

ray davies gifted me 3 genius cuts around 1999-2000...its lanky, but not diesel leggy...its floppy as hell and almost looks like a bonsai tree...I grew it every time scrog, def the best way...it has a lot of bud sites...its lemon spice with subtle pepper undertones all day...and one of the clearest highs to be had..anything crossed to it carried strong genius traits..the grimm brothers got it to yield very well with something kinda low like 40w/sq ft...I could only ever pull slightly above avg with 62.5 w/sq ft lol I sent the cut to a buddy up in Pa. he lost it...shit happens...that being said id def grow it again...maybe cross it to lemon thai...good luck...peace elk..

Top Bottom