If I don’t spend some $$ soon, my grow tent gonna turn into a closet

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cabi

Cabi

So. I have learned that the initial investment for a newbie on a new grow, if done correctly, can be a bit pricey.
:eek:
What, in your opinion, is a must have in a tent the first 2 to 3 weeks so maybe I don’t have to buy everything at once. If I need more money, Do you guys think if I went to the credit union, this would classify as a home improvement loan?

Dr.B

Dr.B

So. I have learned that the initial investment for a newbie on a new grow, if done correctly, can be a bit pricey.
:eek:
What, in your opinion, is a must have in a tent the first 2 to 3 weeks so maybe I don’t have to buy everything at once. If I need more money, Do you guys think if I went to the credit union, this would classify as a home improvement loan?
Probably not on the home improvement loan haha. Heres a picture of one I just put together for about $500 all said... Its a bit light on lighting as its a mother tent only. Uses the heat in the room and draws 160 watts from the wall with the lights (EDK LED's) and everything running. Passive intake, 50 cfm exhaust with its own humidifier, 2 x 6" circulation fans.

IMG 20200709 111315
IMG 20200709 111257
IMG 20200709 111333
Cabi

Cabi

Probably not on the home improvement loan haha. Heres a picture of one I just put together for about $500 all said... Its a bit light on lighting as its a mother tent only. Uses the heat in the room and draws 160 watts from the wall with the lights (EDK LED's) and everything running. Passive intake, 50 cfm exhaust with its own humidifier, 2 x 6" circulation fans.
Gosh. The light I’m looking at is probably around 350. That with the tent already puts me at five. My tent is 3 x 3. Am I doing too much too soon? Everybody’s been telling me how important the lights are for yield.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Gosh. The light I’m looking at is probably around 350. That with the tent already puts me at five. My tent is 3 x 3. Am I doing too much too soon? Everybody’s been telling me how important the lights are for yield.
The lighting in my tent was $350 or so... Tent $120, 3 fans $75.00, humidifier $55.00... all the little stuff I had. Power bars, timers, ties, light hangers etc.

Lights are the heart of it all. My big one is about $2000. $350 sounds about right...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Spend your money on good lighting and proper ventilation and climate control. Otherwise you will likely just upgrade after a while.

Measure twice. Cut once.

Carbon filter can wait. Fancy nutes not neccessary. Expensive pots like air pots or even smart pots not needed. Can use pro mix to save much over fox farm and the like.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Cabi

Cabi

Not familiar with edk
The lighting in my tent was $350 or so... Tent $120, 3 fans $75.00, humidifier $55.00... all the little stuff I had. Power bars, timers, ties, light hangers etc.

Lights are the heart of it all. My big one is about $2000. $350 sounds about right...
I’m looking at the HLG 260 quantum board, but tech from their promise to call me today for some questions and I may decide to go a little higher. I got to say. I’ve been at these forums for a couple of weeks? And I’ve never received Any advice from members to buy Chinese blurples

Cabi

Cabi

Thanks as always

Dr.B

Dr.B

Not familiar with edk

I’m looking at the HLG 260 quantum board, but tech from their promise to call me today for some questions and I may decide to go a little higher. I got to say. I’ve been at these forums for a couple of weeks? And I’ve never received Any advice from members to buy Chinese blurples
Edk is an alibaba light lol. Actually very good, true full spectrum good heat generation. My hydro store sells them, Ive been using them in the nursery for two years. Not much for output but good lights in the right setting.

Cabi

Cabi

Spend your money on good lighting and proper ventilation and climate control. Otherwise you will likely just upgrade after a while.

Measure twice. Cut once.

Carbon filter can wait. Fancy nutes not neccessary. Expensive pots like air pots or even smart pots not needed. Can use pro mix to save much over fox farm and the like.

Thats all I can think of right now.
OK. Thanks. Much appreciated. Already have the grow medium. In my neck of the words Pro Mix is much pricier. I was considering calling Fox Farms to see what they might recommend for nutrients three weeks in, but I think they’ll just recommend there own stuff. Still trying to figure out the amendments. That could help or hinder my grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

OK. Thanks. Much appreciated. Already have the grow medium. In my neck of the words Pro Mix is much pricier. I was considering calling Fox Farms to see what they might recommend for nutrients three weeks in, but I think they’ll just recommend there own stuff. Still trying to figure out the amendments. That could help or hinder my grow.

Easiest nutes i have used are botanicare pure blend pro. And they are natural based.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly the best advantage to led is the lower heat for the small grower not so much the savings

My vote spend on a light no matter what ya get make sure you have the ventilation to deal with the heat and humidity. Probably the 2 biggest factors.

Cabi

Cabi

Depending on where you live the Led might save $5'-10 a month compared to the hps that cost $200 less.
Honestly the best advantage to led is the lower heat for the small grower not so much the savings

My vote spend on a light no matter what ya get make sure you have the ventilation to deal with the heat and humidity. Probably the 2 biggest factors.
I was told from the beginning that LED would be cheaper to run then an HPS kit. From the beginning. You guys know my set up 3 x 3, How do I calculate The difference in my electric bill between an HPS system for that size grow room versus the HLG 260 or 300L? Thanks

Top Bottom