If this tent's a rockin don't come a knockin

• Thread starter mrbong73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Producer

Thats sick! You put fluorescents in the producer!? Nice man!
So how many plants you get vegging in there?
Im about to put my 2nd batch into flowering but I think im going to do things a little differently than the first time.
Bigger pots. (most likely smart pots like you suggested)
And fewer bigger plants. Probably about 8 i think.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they all look very uniform, shorter more stocky not to much branching, bigger more bladed leaves. thinking they are bubba dominate. Once they get topped and start to stagger thier nodes they will reveal themselves a little more. untopped plants will grow much biggers leaves. great job on keeping them they are looking healthy and happy.

M

mrbong73

Thanks diamond!

they all look very uniform, shorter more stocky not to much branching, bigger more bladed leaves. thinking they are bubba dominate. Once they get topped and start to stagger thier nodes they will reveal themselves a little more. untopped plants will grow much biggers leaves. great job on keeping them they are looking healthy and happy.

Thanks for stopping by Kid Twist!
I pulled some of the large fan leaves so you can see the branching structure better.
These do need to get topped soon for sure.

M

mrbong73

Thats sick! You put fluorescents in the producer!? Nice man!
So how many plants you get vegging in there?
Im about to put my 2nd batch into flowering but I think im going to do things a little differently than the first time.
Bigger pots. (most likely smart pots like you suggested)
And fewer bigger plants. Probably about 8 i think.

Yeah I've done a few mods on the box. I put the electrical outlets in and added the t8 for a temp veg chamber.
8 3gal smart pots fits perfect.
If I were you I would use the tent for moms and cuts and try and keep both producers rockin non stop flower.
This is how I've been doin it.
I have a small clone shelf, a 2x4 veg tent and the producer for flower. I would veg the clones while the previous batch is in flower, take cuts from the veggers about two weeks from the end of the flower then put the veggers in the producer when the other batch finishes. The clones would root and have 10 weeks veg (the amount flower time)
Basically a perpetual type deal.

P

Producer

Yeah I've done a few mods on the box. I put the electrical outlets in and added the t8 for a temp veg chamber.
8 3gal smart pots fits perfect.
If I were you I would use the tent for moms and cuts and try and keep both producers rockin non stop flower.
This is how I've been doin it.
I have a small clone shelf, a 2x4 veg tent and the producer for flower. I would veg the clones while the previous batch is in flower, take cuts from the veggers about two weeks from the end of the flower then put the veggers in the producer when the other batch finishes. The clones would root and have 10 weeks veg (the amount flower time)
Basically a perpetual type deal.

Thanks for the tip Mr.Bong!!
I was wondering what size smart pots I should use! Im gonna pick those up asap. And you're right! Thats exactly what im going to do! Just always keep cycling. Always have clones vegging and always have some flowering!

M

mrbong73

o ok well it defently seems to have worked very well and sorry if its a dum question but what is ACT? and what other teas do you brew pal? sorry im new to the make your own teas way of life.

i heard bat guano, worm castings and mollases makes the most simple tea, i think it might be from you actually, i have guano, and i live in the hills n bushland of uk so earthworm castings shouldnt be a problem to get, but what is mollases? some1 said to me its syrup?!?! thanks mr bong take care n take it easy mun :cool0041:

Hey critical, sorry I missed this post earlier.
ACT is Aerated Compost Tea. I'm sure you've heard of it. I also do kelp, alfalfa and neem seed teas. Among a few other things.
I haven't really tried bat guano or any other guano in teas so not sure about those. Castings and a little molasses works good. Not sure what they call molasses in the UK.
Good luck!

Damn your girls look so happy bro! Straight up!
Thanks og! I'm thinking they're pretty happy too.

Thanks for the tip Mr.Bong!!
I was wondering what size smart pots I should use! Im gonna pick those up asap. And you're right! Thats exactly what im going to do! Just always keep cycling. Always have clones vegging and always have some flowering!

Right on Producer, good luck with your grow. I'll stop back by to see how things are going.

Here's a sneek peek at what is upcoming in mrbong's tent.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Damn bong, you going to use that massive smartpot(?) as a bed? or for a singular lady?

M

mrbong73

Yep, it's a 150 gallon smartie.
I've got ten young ladies all ready to go in as soon as I find time between a newborn and harvesting the last round.
Fun times!

phenotyper

phenotyper

Wow, that is such a great idea. I really want to rock beds in smart pots and just keep reusing the soil. I will move away from container gardening when I can. Your ladies look awesome and that OG looks top notch. Excellent work MrBong.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I feel like doing the same (moving away from plastic containers..). My best lady right now (mystery seed!) was raised in a aurora rot pot (same basic idea, fabric pots) and root ball on transplant into bloom was more massive then all my other ladies by ten fold.

They're a little more costly, but i feel like its worth it.

Anyone done Rootpots VS Smart pots?

Not to thread jack....Amazing work, cant wait to see that little doeboy of a smartpot get filled with some DANK!

M

mrbong73

Wow, that is such a great idea. I really want to rock beds in smart pots and just keep reusing the soil. I will move away from container gardening when I can. Your ladies look awesome and that OG looks top notch. Excellent work MrBong.
Thanks pheno!
Yep this is going to be a no till organic soil bed. I plan on just cutting the plants off flush at harvest and planting new ones right next to the old.
I'm hoping for a mycorhizae network that will grow and expand to reach every inch of soil and bring nutes to the plant. Every plant will have 150 gallons of soil to draw off.
Adding homemade compost, some EWC and organic ferts should keep everybody happy.
Thats a sick idea man! I can't wait to see how that turns out!!
Thanks Producer, should be a cool experiment.
I feel like doing the same (moving away from plastic containers..). My best lady right now (mystery seed!) was raised in a aurora rot pot (same basic idea, fabric pots) and root ball on transplant into bloom was more massive then all my other ladies by ten fold.

They're a little more costly, but i feel like its worth it.

Anyone done Rootpots VS Smart pots?

Not to thread jack....Amazing work, cant wait to see that little doeboy of a smartpot get filled with some DANK!

The main difference is the size and shape of each brands "size". I love the fabric pots.
Thanks again!

M

mrbong73

It's Done and It's On!
I spread a layer of coco and worm castings on top of the soil then mulched in about 3-4" of bark mulch to keep things nice and moist.
They're gonna get 24 hours of dark then start flower tomorrow.
I also put 1 Tablespoon of Endo spores in each planting hole along with a couple hand fulls of coco for shits and grins.:hi

M

mrbong73

Wow, that is so cool! I cant wait to see this!
Good idea man.
Thanks Producer!

I was asked by a fellow farmer to review how I did the window AC deal for my tent.
I basically built a stand with a platform for the unit to sit on. I made the legs on the front extend up past the unit to catch the top of the tent above the window. same with the bottom. You need a good sandwich there.
I used 1/2" plywood to make the face panel with the ac cutout. I actually made two identical pieces. One is mounted on the frame (in pic) and the second goes on from the inside to sandwich everything together.
I screwed through the inside ply into the other piece of ply to secure them making sure I was only putting screws where the window opening is so no holes in the tent.
I used a piece of 1/2" rigid insulation with the shiny side to finish it off on the inside.
On the back I built a box that directs the hot exhaust air down and out an opening and out though the crack in the roll up door.

Let me know if I'm leaving anything out.

009 13
011 14
waayne

waayne

Nice project!
I like the mulch idea mrbong73
It will be interesting to see how often you'll need to water
after they get established and start flowering..

I'm getting ready to throw some Strawberry Bubba and White Star Dawgs clones into some 4'x4' Square Smart Pots

I'm very intrigued by the Smart pot beds......
Think I'll try one of your 150 gallon pots along with the square ones.
:pimp:

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Waayne what up bro? That strawbubba sounds yummy as well as the white stardawgs!

I'm actually thinking about trying the same thing with the large smart pots on a 4x8 tray outside for veggies and herbs and flowers. See how that goes then try my favorite plant in it. SOG style maybe from roots? But probably high numbers short veg indoors. Didn't OBS do this?

Top Bottom