• Thread starter mrbong73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrbong73

Nice project!
I like the mulch idea mrbong73
It will be interesting to see how often you'll need to water
after they get established and start flowering..

I'm getting ready to throw some Strawberry Bubba and White Star Dawgs clones into some 4'x4' Square Smart Pots

I'm very intrigued by the Smart pot beds......
Think I'll try one of your 150 gallon pots along with the square ones.
:pimp:
Thanks waayne! I would love to see you rockin some soil beds brother.
The mulch is key, IMO. Some guys are doing living mulch with clover for N fixation etc.
Waayne what up bro? That strawbubba sounds yummy as well as the white stardawgs!

I'm actually thinking about trying the same thing with the large smart pots on a 4x8 tray outside for veggies and herbs and flowers. See how that goes then try my favorite plant in it. SOG style maybe from roots? But probably high numbers short veg indoors. Didn't OBS do this?

Yeah crom, go for it. They would make killer veggie beds as well.

Here's my two boys from the wifi x bubba. Not sure what to do with these guys at the moment. Don't really have room for them in my veg tent.

P

Producer

Nice! Those are looking pretty badass man!
Ordered my SmartPots in today by the way ;)
Woot Woot! Should have them by the end of next week.
Thanks bro!

J

JAHGYDI

im in mid flower on a 4x4 soil bed and im watering every 3 to 4 days. cant find my stupid camera.

M

mrbong73

One week update: Everyone seems to be settling in nicely. I haven't watered since the original 10 gallons at transplanting.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin good.. There gunna blow the fuck up in that gaint pot.. Lots of space 4 roots 2 grow.. Great grow

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Diggin the shit outta your smartbed bong. Seriously! Cant wait to see how these ladies blow up in that baby!!! You going to top? or no because the might bush into each other too much?

P

Producer

Diggin the shit outta your smartbed bong. Seriously! Cant wait to see how these ladies blow up in that baby!!! You going to top? or no because the might bush into each other too much?

Curious about this too. ;)
But ya, looking awesome man! I really do look forward to seeing how this goes.

T

theTinker

Couple of questions if you dont mind kind sir!

Amazing set up. I never ever thought of using a gaint bed of soil like that indoors! Thats really exciting.

How do you get the plant root balls out of the bed if you plant to reuse the soil? Wont their be millions of threads everywhere in it?

Does this style require organic nutes only to be used so that salts dont build up etc, or is it ok to use Canna nutes with this type of bed?

M

mrbong73

Lookin good.. There gunna blow the fuck up in that gaint pot.. Lots of space 4 roots 2 grow.. Great grow
Hell yeah Goo! That's what i'm thinkin too. Thanks!

Thanks ogplatinum! Nope no topping thistime. Just gonna let em go for it.

Curious about this too. ;)
But ya, looking awesome man! I really do look forward to seeing how this goes.
Thanks Producer!

Couple of questions if you dont mind kind sir!

Amazing set up. I never ever thought of using a gaint bed of soil like that indoors! Thats really exciting.

How do you get the plant root balls out of the bed if you plant to reuse the soil? Wont their be millions of threads everywhere in it?

Does this style require organic nutes only to be used so that salts dont build up etc, or is it ok to use Canna nutes with this type of bed?

Thanks the Tinker, the plan is to leave the root balls intact. I'll just cut the plants flush, top dress with new compost and worm castings and plant the next round.
That should leave all the "benes" alive and well to start working with the new roots.
I think organics works better with this set up. I've seen others doing soil beds with chem ferts but not sure how long they reuse the soil if at all.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Sounds good bro! Bunch'a single cola donkey dicks eh? What strain again?

M

mrbong73

Sounds good bro! Bunch'a single cola donkey dicks eh? What strain again?

Yeah it's an OG Kush I call it fire cut because that's what it was sold as but we all know how that goes. It is Fire though, I love this cut.
I guess it depends on how much they stretch. I've been tying everything down so much with the producer box but now I can let them go a bit.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Yeah it's an OG Kush I call it fire cut because that's what it was sold as but we all know how that goes. It is Fire though, I love this cut.
I guess it depends on how much they stretch. I've been tying everything down so much with the producer box but now I can let them go a bit.

Sounds legit bro! Cant wait to see what these ladies do for ya!

J

JAHGYDI

i moved my tent to the garage and have been having bad humidity. hows your temps and humidity doing? how long are your intake and exaust running for? are you still using your ac? looking good by the way.

M

mrbong73

Thanks!
I've been running my intake (4" inline) and exhaust (8"maxfan) 24/7. The AC is set on 80 and comes on as needed. It really doesn't run often and the tent stays under 80.
If I cut the exhaust humidity does spike but with it running it stays around 60-65%.

M

mrbong73

THIS JUST IN!!!

First pull from the tent...

600g dried :harvest:

Will update the soil bed tomorrow.

Top Bottom