If you had to grow the same strain back to back, what would it be?

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

After some looking, this is what I came up with.

-Frostette (Grape Cream Cake x Okie)

-White Truffle, not sure if I want x Okie or x Cinderella Man

-Last I'm split between 3 strains. Either Toyko Snow x Okie based on recommendations, Pure Michigan x Okie, or Motor Breath 15 x Lemon Gojo

I've started to comb through some of the seed sticky thread for pictures and opinions on the ones I've listed above.

Anyone that has grown or smoked White Truffle x Okie and x Cinderella Man, what differences did you experience both growing and smoking the different crosses?

If anyone has first hand experience with the strains I listed for my second and third choices, I would appreciate anything you can share! Thanks again!

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Anything short! I have a 2x4 tent that’s only 5 foot hahaha. I picked StarKiller when a buddy was ordering seeds cause it’s 2-3 feet tall, 25-28% on average they say. Literally the perfect stain for my tent. I kinda want to get a bunch and perfect the strain, and hunt down my favorite! Maybe stock pile until I have a butt load of bud, enough for a hard winter, and then breed some seeds and silver up them seeds!! The dream short queen strain.

Newty

Newty

Anything short! I have a 2x4 tent that’s only 5 foot hahaha. I picked StarKiller when a buddy was ordering seeds cause it’s 2-3 feet tall, 25-28% on average they say. Literally the perfect stain for my tent. I kinda want to get a bunch and perfect the strain, and hunt down my favorite! Maybe stock pile until I have a butt load of bud, enough for a hard winter, and then breed some seeds and silver up them seeds!! The dream short queen strain.
I feel the pain on height, I grew in 2 Stealth Boxes for awhile that are 20"x20"x36" tall, I would pack 4 plants in each and turn them to flower as soon as they hit 12" lol. Still harvested 6-9 ounces per box though.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

I’m pumped to see how they turned out. He was getting ready to get started and my first one was growing from a crap seed from the local pot chain! Was helping him find some strains and found this and was just amazed at the average height. Such a bush hahaha

Mothman

Mothman

After some looking, this is what I came up with.

-Frostette (Grape Cream Cake x Okie)

-White Truffle, not sure if I want x Okie or x Cinderella Man

-Last I'm split between 3 strains. Either Toyko Snow x Okie based on recommendations, Pure Michigan x Okie, or Motor Breath 15 x Lemon Gojo

I've started to comb through some of the seed sticky thread for pictures and opinions on the ones I've listed above.

Anyone that has grown or smoked White Truffle x Okie and x Cinderella Man, what differences did you experience both growing and smoking the different crosses?

If anyone has first hand experience with the strains I listed for my second and third choices, I would appreciate anything you can share! Thanks again!
I can’t remember, but I think @Captspaulding has extensive experience with both okie and c-man, so with luck he’ll chime in to enlighten us with his mystical divinations.

M

monkey47

I'm only in my 4th week of veg but I'm thinking about what I want to grow next. I only have seeds for the same strain I'm currently growing and this is my second grow in a row of it and I want to change it up. Which leads me to the question....
If you had to grow the same strain back to back for the next 2-3 grows what would it be?

Photoperiod recommendations please, I have no experience with Autos so I would like to stick with what I'm use to. I'll try Autos when I'm ready to place a bigger order.

Seed banks I looked at don't let you mix and match the bogo deals or anything so that's why I'm asking this question.

I'm only wanting to drop around $100 right now, that will give me 20 seeds. If you have seed bank recommendations with good deals for the USA or banks that allow mixing strains for the deals, please let me know.
Dude what's with the seeds ? Get a small tent and grow a couple of mothers. I've been growing grandaddy purple for the last 6 months because it was the strain with the most thc I could buy. I'f I'm tired of the purple I'll just buy another seed and make a new mother plant. Keeping a cutting of the seed grown plant in a small pot for if I ever want to grow it again.

Newty

Newty

Dude what's with the seeds ? Get a small tent and grow a couple of mothers. I've been growing grandaddy purple for the last 6 months because it was the strain with the most thc I could buy. I'f I'm tired of the purple I'll just buy another seed and make a new mother plant. Keeping a cutting of the seed grown plant in a small pot for if I ever want to grow it again.
I've grown the same strain back to back, that's why I'm asking opinions because I want to grow something different so I need to buy either seeds or clones.

Definitely understand what your saying but not everyone has the space or money up front to do this.

I have the space I could do another 8x4 but I'm thinking two 4x4s, I've always grown photos but want to try autos, I would like to start with one 4x4 and make it an auto tent.

I have 2 Stealth Boxes that I used to start my grow journey, I now use these boxes to test new nutes, techniques, etc in before trying in my bigger tent grow. I used one of them to pollinate a female from a hermie to make seeds. I will eventually use 1 of these small boxes for a mother but haven't found that strain that I just "have to have" so for now it's buy seed/clones and grow.

Sunasun

Sunasun

I think this is his first grow. Can't get clones till you have a plant growing.
@Newty I bet within a year, you'll have friends generously donating seeds. Until then, do a pheno hunt for your personal favorite.

Newty

Newty

I think this is his first grow. Can't get clones till you have a plant growing.
@Newty I bet within a year, you'll have friends generously donating seeds. Until then, do a pheno hunt for your personal favorite.
Definitely not my first grow but I'm new to the community. You use to have to hide but luckily the laws have changed.

Everything I've learned prior to coming here was from trial and error or grow diaries from a book store.

I've purchased clones but never produced them but I did make my own seeds for the grow I'm currently on though.

Grower1974

Grower1974

I have the space I could do another 8x4 but I'm thinking two 4x4s, I've always grown photos but want to try autos, I would like to start with one 4x4 and make it an auto tent.
Ha! That’s neat. I run a 4X4’ for photos in my grow room with usually 10-12 autos on tables in the room. I did the auto thing first, and eventually said I want to try photos LOL…. Now both are perpetually growing 365 days a year in my grow room. :). I only like autos for the speed. 65-80 days from sprout and I pull around 19-30oz. Always from seed.

emanresu

emanresu

I would have to say American Kush has been my favorite so far. I have only grown 7 phenotypes so far. Well i have really only taken 4 of those all the way. 3 strains are growing now. I like the taste and buzz of it. Has a get up and get some shit done buzz. Kind of like a light beer flavor. I don't drink a lot, but it reminds of that. I have a little bit of it now.
Ak

emanresu

emanresu

Here is a list I made of the seeds I have that only get up to 4ft tall. Hope you find it useful.

5 Quick One 2ft

THC 13% 10sa/60in/30ru

Seed to Harvest 9-10

Climate:

3 Royal Critical. 2ft

THC 14% 15sa/50in/35ru

Seed to Harvest 10-11

Climate:

*Apollo F1 2.5ft

THC Very High.

Seed to Harvest 75-80 days

Climate: