If You Have Cbd Questions, Then I Am Here To Answer Them!

• Thread starter BushRoot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BushRoot

BushRoot

Not quite sure. What's your interest in this particular strain? It however would be safe to guess that its mom is a high CBD phenotype of a land race strain such as Old Timers Haze......or a hybrid cross of a CBD dominant landrace.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
When is the best time to harvest a cbd strain for the best cbd effects, early or late? What cbd strains do you recommend?

BushRoot

BushRoot

Harvesting late is usually best for terpene production....as long as you don't go too long and have degradation. The entourage effect is pretty serious with any type of cannabinoid/terpene relation. As for strains: It's best to find a CBD to THC ratio that you like. From there on you really need to find strains that have a terpene profile that synergizes well with CBD.

Some important terpenes in CBD strains are as followed:

Limonene (extracted from orange peels) synergizes with CBD to strengthen these properties: anxiolytic, apoptosis of breast cancer cells, active against acne bacteria, antioxidant, decreases sebum/sebocytes, etc.

Linalool (which can be derived from lavender) is another great additive to add to CBD Coconut Oils as well. Linalool synergizes with CBD to strengthen these properties: anxiolytic, analgesic, anticonvulsant, decreases sebum/sebocytes, etc.

α-Pinene (which can be derived from pine trees) – anti-inflammatory, acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (aiding memory), effective versus MRSA, decreases sebum/sebocytes, etc.

β-Myrcene (which can be derived from hops and mango) – analgesic, blocks inflammation, blocks hepatic carcinogenesis, etc.

β-Caryophyllene (which can be derived from balck pepper) – inflammation, treatment of addiction?

Favorite CBD Strain: Ma'at

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Not quite sure. What's your interest in this particular strain? It however would be safe to guess that its mom is a high CBD phenotype of a land race strain such as Old Timers Haze......or a hybrid cross of a CBD dominant landrace.

It is on the clone menu at Harborside and supposed to yield more than acdc. Thanks

BushRoot

BushRoot

OG Gong.....thanks for the link to the terpene list. Good stuff. Terpene Science will definitely get more advanced as time goes on! "4 Corners Cannabis" already adds limonene to their CBD Vape Juice to add to the entourage effect. It seems strange to me that people aren't supplementing linalool into CBD oils for epilepsy yet.

MrBelvedere....The phenos I have seen of Suzy Q, from what I remember, are around 15% CBD. I'm sure there are higher ones though. ACDC is normally about 19% and Valentine X (which is a ACDC phenotype) can be even higher.

So, you are saying it yields more weight or more CBD?

I would pick one up if I lived in Cali!

Everyone needs a CBD plant i they are into breeding. Cannabis is heterozygous....which means that if you run enough seeds, then you will find all the hidden qualities eventually. For example, with our notorious indicas: Basically all these plants can be traced back to an Aghani #1 from the early 80"s. This plant has at leaves that haven't evolved to grow in places with high humidity and finish quickly and don't grow super tall. When it comes to differences of Indicas and Sativas in lab tests, the main difference is just that indica tend to have higher levels of myrcene. It is getting to the point that people are speculating if indicas are really just what people have known as Afghani #1 dominant genetics.

If you run 4,000 standard indica (afghani #1) seeds, then you are bound to get about one CBD dominant phenotype because of cannabis's heterozygous nature.

So, not to go off tangent, but I feel this is all important to explain why I would pick up a dominant CBD strain of any type.

Indicas (Afghani #1) have been crossed for 30 + years. This makes for a very stable seed. This is great if you are interested in weed that is like everything else.

When you pop seeds from CBD phenotypes, then you will usually get 1/4 seeds that are THC dominant, 1/4 that are CBD dominant, and 1/2 that are 1:1 ish.

While a CBD strain isn't stable enough to give you constant cannabinoid results, it has the ability to create all different ratios if proper care is taken.

CBD terpene profiles should be rather stable. If you like how it smells, then you have found a winner!

Top Bottom