If you having fan problems....

• Thread starter Bluntsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I got some bigger oscillating wall mount fans I need to rig up in my tents. I have an idea of how I wanna do it with what I got right now. I got some 3/4" 4 foot osb that im gonna take a couple 10 inch slices out of, drill strategic holes for 2 zip ties on each side to keep it squared. Then I want to add a ratchet rope so I can raise and lower it when needed.
Anyone else got diy mounting for wall mount fans in tents? I'm still lookin for ideas

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

These fans wear out quick. They are rebranded Vivosun. When it breaks on you,, order the Amazon oscillating clip fan better fan, cheaper price,, and it fits the clip that sold you on this fan.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
^^. It was more just a comment about the hardworking nature of our Asian friends.
and us laughing, is why their massive population workforce fills the assembly line role, and do it very well for the most part.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I have a 10" desk fan on the floor of my 4x4' tent & 2 6" clip-on's on either side up high in my tent. Summer hits quick on the coastal bend of Texas so next week I'll order AC/Infinity 6" with carbon filter to help me thru fall. Mainstay's from Walmart seem ok so far. Cheers!

Farmer88

Farmer88

I got some bigger oscillating wall mount fans I need to rig up in my tents. I have an idea of how I wanna do it with what I got right now. I got some 3/4" 4 foot osb that im gonna take a couple 10 inch slices out of, drill strategic holes for 2 zip ties on each side to keep it squared. Then I want to add a ratchet rope so I can raise and lower it when needed.
Anyone else got diy mounting for wall mount fans in tents? I'm still lookin for ideas

Yes

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
That Growbud fan looks interesting. Spendy though. Pelonis once made a 7" clip on oscillating fan that would last about 3-4x longer than the cheap non oscillating clip fans. They were about $30. When mine finally died I went for the cheap clip ons from walmart and as expected got about 2 years of service and now 3 of 4 need to be replaced before the next grow.

My best fan is ol reliable, a 12" wall mount Air King. Blows at 700-940 CFM. 5 years going and still like new. Stealthy silent running too. All Air Kings use either commercial or industrial grade parts and motors. I also have a ceiling fan in my g/room.
A floor standing cheapo is helping to get thru this grow as the walmart clip ons blow their last breath but for the next grow I've ordered four Air King 6" clip ons. They move air at 90-190 CFM and are on sale for only $17. So rather than two $30-$40 oscillating clip ons I'll use four that don't oscillate but get way longer life from the AKs. Two will be used in my drying tent for the impending harvest tomorrow then moved into the grow area of the room.
Air King is under the Lasko corporation umbrella. Lasko is made in USA with outsourced parts but Air King is Canadian.
Two main things I look for when buying a fan after all I've gone thru is look for a blue plug. Blue plugs have a fuse in them and will protect the fan motor from a power surge. I also look for CFM ratings. Not many publish it but a few do. A good 6" should blow at least around 150 CFM or higher. I put a CFM meter to my walmart cheapies and they barely get to 60 CFM so they need lots of assitance from the 12" wall mount and ceiling fan in my room. Keep that air moving at over 150 CFM all thru the canopy and it will keep the chances of getting bud rot very low to not at all.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

I really want a pair of these, because pole mounted fans are the best use of space in tents. Vornado is a brand i just spotted and these lil bastards are also quite dope. Manual 180° swivel and oscillates. Great for the floor.

PXL 20210321 033430032
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I really want a pair of these, because pole mounted fans are the best use of space in tents. Vornado is a brand i just spotted and these lil bastards are also quite dope. Manual 180° swivel and oscillates. Great for the floor.
A whole plant could be there

Indiva710

Indiva710

Looks like the vivosun fan has been painted black.. You might want to take the top off and see how it was wired as the vivosuns are a fire hazard out of the box they have a fuckn knot instead of a grommet lmfao... So open the back cover and check it out.. If you don't and you notice it cutting in and out then it's made the same garbage ass way....

Ill wait until ac infinity comes out with theirs which will be here in a few months they are working on one now and can't wait I'm pre ordering them even as us tent growers need a quality fan and products in general

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Looks like the vivosun fan has been painted black.. You might want to take the top off and see how it was wired as the vivosuns are a fire hazard out of the box they have a fuckn knot instead of a grommet lmfao... So open the back cover and check it out.. If you don't and you notice it cutting in and out then it's made the same garbage ass way....

Ill wait until ac infinity comes out with theirs which will be here in a few months they are working on one now and can't wait I'm pre ordering them even as us tent growers need a quality fan and products in general
They are and I'm seeking my money back now

Indiva710

Indiva710

They have the knots even in the cable as that's what makes it a fire hazard I cut the cord and took the knot out of mine and problem solved well for now it's still a pos but at least it won't burn my house down Def not worth it...
Screenshot 20210331 154532
Screenshot 20210331 154528

Indiva710

Indiva710

Yup if it's the blue blade model vivosun they don't need it it's only the white blade and I'm not sure if the grow more does it like that or if they put a grommet on it.. I used a wire cap on one wire and a wago connector for the other but ya its just 2 screws and take a few min to fix only as the 2nd pic is how it came actually I just pulled it out a lil was all and the 1 st is fixed and will work til it breaks and hopefully it last til the ac infinity ones come out

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Yup if it's the blue blade model vivosun they don't need it it's only the white blade and I'm not sure if the grow more does it like that or if they put a grommet on it.. I used a wire cap on one wire and a wago connector for the other but ya its just 2 screws and take a few min to fix only as the 2nd pic is how it came actually I just pulled it out a lil was all and the 1 st is fixed and will work til it breaks and hopefully it last til the ac infinity ones come out
I love you bro no homo lol. 2 quit working because of frayed wiring from a zip tie. Repaired them easily myself. 1 isn't oscillating right but I'll have to look at when the lights are on

Indiva710

Indiva710

Lmfao a simple thank you would of done just fine too lol... But ya I've had to fix every single one I have but even did it to a working one as I'm not risking it but ya they are a very easy fix just make sure wires are correct which there is letters on one so easy to get it right....

Also some of them the gears strip out And stop oscillating as it's still a cheap pos just a safe cheap pos lmfao

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Lmfao a simple thank you would of done just fine too lol... But ya I've had to fix every single one I have but even did it to a working one as I'm not risking it but ya they are a very easy fix just make sure wires are correct which there is letters on one so easy to get it right....

Also some of them the gears strip out And stop oscillating as it's still a cheap pos just a safe cheap pos lmfao
Lol. Thanks bro. I used butt connectors and left wiring loose in the housing instead of it being zip ties to the shaft. No more binding

Indiva710

Indiva710

That was the grow more buds fan u just fixed that has the zip tie.. Ya I like wiring caps better than butt connectors not a big fan of them.. And plus the caps u can take back it it breaks u take it apart and notice it's done u can take ur shit back lol but not like it's a big deal they are cheap....def can't wait for ac infinity one already

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

That was the grow more buds fan u just fixed that has the zip tie.. Ya I like wiring caps better than butt connectors not a big fan of them.. And plus the caps u can take back it it breaks u take it apart and notice it's done u can take ur shit back lol but not like it's a big deal they are cheap....def can't wait for ac infinity one already
Their not breaking again. There was 2 zip ties holding the wire down. When it oscillated there wasn't enough slack in the line so it slowly sheared the wire. Now the wire has plenty of slack and freely moves

Top Bottom