• Thread starter jeffadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Love me some Fenders!

So what's up my musically inclined Farmers? I have been playing guitar for almost 20 years now, wow didn't realize that till I did that math! So here are some of my guitars, I mainly play my Jim Root Tele, but I have a Strat, & hollow body acoustic all from Fender. I don't rock a large stack anymore since I'm not playing arenas lol, but I do have a Marshall Micro Stack. That thing is pretty loud, and has a button to add a tube effect. It's a nice little pratice amp. I'm interested in scoring an Orange head and an older Fender cab when money is flowing out my butt. I enjoy playing anything from Albert King to Slipknot! I bet you can tell which axe is used for what. My Jim Root Tele is always tuned to Drop B, and sports EMGs. So here are some shots of my gear. So no one gets confused, I play lefty lol.:cool0041:

Cheers,
Crom

IMG 4803
IMG 4804
IMG 4805
IMG 4806
IMG 4807
IMG 4808
IMG 4809
IMG 4810
IMG 4811
IMG 4812
IMG 4814
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
IMG_4111.JPG

Here's my drum kit. I'd like to upgrade but money is scarce for me since September '08.:sweating

Nice! That looks like a kit I could rock out on for a couple hours lol! Great thread by the way, forgot to mention this above^^

Cheers,
Crom

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Sweet gear brutha..Love that tele. Ive been looking for one of those myself. I play in B to so you know how that goes on normal guitars. Funny i just did the math and i started when i was 14 and am 34 now so i guess im at 20 as well. cheers brutha.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Sweet gear brutha..Love that tele. Ive been looking for one of those myself. I play in B to so you know how that goes on normal guitars. Funny i just did the math and i started when i was 14 and am 34 now so i guess im at 20 as well. cheers brutha.

Thanks man! Yeah I love me some heavy shit with that deep B crunch it's just awesome! Jim Root is one of my fav guitarists so I had to score one of his guitars. Love the sound on it, and the sustain with the mahogany body is sweet! This thing rips once you get used to the set up. It's rough having the volume nob in my forearm but I cope. I sent in a formal complaint to Fender because I couldn't get this guitar in a lefty model. They charge out the fn ass for the templates to be flipped or whatever is needed. They told me to go through the custom shop. The CS says that they can make it to exact specs lefty but it would run my upwards of $5k! I was like wtf! New righty it goes for like $1200 online, currently. You don't need a calculator to tell that something is fishy here. I said that left handed guitarists paved the way for your companies success, to some extent. Jim Hendrix had to play a right handed Fender Strat upside down for godsakes! I was heated. So anyway I found this one in Indiana so I ordered it, then ordered the case separately. I need to adjust the action on it as well since flipping the strings I'm fretting out on some of the higher frets, mainly past the 12th with a basic bend. Wow I ramble...BHO will do that to me...typical wake and bake lol
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAHQV_-rP4s&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers,
Crom

K

KushWorm

I have a baby Taylor Acoustic, Dreadnot body. I have an Alvarez Acoustic cutaway that sounds incredible. Also got an old 60's Fender Acoustic and one Fender Stratocaster pearl white. Love to play.. Your guitars were all very nice. I really liked the Gretch of your dads!!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hahaha Crom nice vid..wish i was at you house..lol

Im looking at building a baritone Tele from warmoth..im righty though so its a bit easier for me to find stuff im sure. You would think it could be that much of an extra expense to make left handed templates for popular guitars like that. I worked at a music store for many years and have seen so many leftys get stuck playing guitars they dont want because they dont have many choices in different price points. If you got some cash and ever want a sick guitar look into Hamer U.S.A custom shop..I dont think anyone in the U.S makes a nicer guitar IMO. look at me rambling too now.lol

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
It's all good jeffadies! Come on over I have plenty of oil to go 'round! lol Gotta love metal and oil first thing in the morning! It's funny how throughout the day my music preferences change. Maybe it's just what's more appropriate for others near by to have to listen to lol My 3 year old moshes lol, SHE's awesome and she plays the drums.

Cheers,
Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Here's Jim Root talking about the Tele that I got. This guitar sounds awesome IMO!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEyyfSyXnV8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers,
Crom

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
It's all good jeffadies! Come on over I have plenty of oil to go 'round! lol Gotta love metal and oil first thing in the morning! It's funny how throughout the day my music preferences change. Maybe it's just what's more appropriate for others near by to have to listen to lol My 3 year old moshes lol, SHE's awesome and she plays the drums.

Cheers,
Crom

Your to kind crom :) Would ya believe that ive never had oil. I imagine it must be some potent stuff by the color of it..looks very pure.

My taste as far as music changes throughout the day too. I usually start off with some stuff in the faith no more ball park then move into Opeth and Heavier stuff as the day progresses.

Im glad to see some fellow metal head farmers on here :banana1sv6:

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Not to toot my own horn but BASS is my thang. Been playin since I was 7 so that makes 19 years. Here's my favorite outta 4. The first I ever had and will never get rid of. Being passed down for sure. My 1962 Gibson SG. Only un-original part is a BADASS bridge some idiot put on years before i got it. I can play it all but bass is my bread and butter. KEEP IT FUNKY, KEEP IT JAZZY, AND BE ORIGINAL.

SAM 0294

To lazy to take a better picture of her.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
That's a sweet bass Ronvmpc! I'm not a huge SG fan but that is nice!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Very nice ron...love me some old gear.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Thanks guys. i never plug her in or take her with me when we jam. She needs to be rewired and needs a new input. But definitely the smoothest playing bass I have. I'm not an SG fan at all. I think the new SG guitars look and play cheap, but look at her. Have a P-bass, fretless Jazz bass and an Azola stand up as well. Hoping to purchase a custom Taylor made acoustic fretless 4 string very soon but that sucker cost some serious sheets. Loving your guy's amp . I'm a big marshall fan but i'm working with 2 carvin 12"ers with a mesa boogie head.

Good to see some fellow shredders.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
rewiring :) now your talking. I love working on older instruments and returning them to a badassery level of 11.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hell yeah ron wire that bad bitch! What are you waiting on lol Sorry that thing must sound sic! What type of music do you play when you play with it? You know how when you pick up a guitar or bass you just get a vibe from it and know what it wants you to play? Same thing with surfboards for me! I love me some vintage style surfboards as well. Twin fin, Single fin oh yeah! My dad is a bass player, and played in some pretty tight bands. His go to is a Fender Jazz bass. He has a very cool style. Kinda like Flea, but with a jazz/rock twist. lol That sounds like Flea either way.

I love how the Orange Rockerverb sounds.
Orange_RK100H_MKII.jpg

Anyone have one?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Rockerverb is a sick little amp man. So is the Tiny Terror. mean little fuckers for sure.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I only play a couple of instruments and my wife won't let me show or tell. Sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom