If you play an instrument..show and tell

• Thread starter jeffadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Hell yeah ron wire that bad bitch! What are you waiting on lol Sorry that thing must sound sic! What type of music do you play when you play with it? You know how when you pick up a guitar or bass you just get a vibe from it and know what it wants you to play? Same thing with surfboards for me! I love me some vintage style surfboards as well. Twin fin, Single fin oh yeah! My dad is a bass player, and played in some pretty tight bands. His go to is a Fender Jazz bass. He has a very cool style. Kinda like Flea, but with a jazz/rock twist. lol That sounds like Flea either way.

She's seen here days. She's my hidden gem that I bust out to aww people. If i could describe my style I would say a funkier more organized les claypool. I love to slap and my basses hate me for it. I love the skinny necks on J-basses. Plus higher end fender basses have that sweet sweet poppy sound. Give your pops props.

Them oranges are sick though I've only played a guitar through one. Gave me every sound I wanted. EXPENSIVE for a half rack though. But sick amps indeed.

Oh and flea. Love that guy. Met him at the NAMM show when I was a kid and he told me to slap till my thumbs bleed. Best advice I was ever given.

Good to see some musicians up in here.

waayne

waayne

Here's the rig I'm using for Blues gigs...

Victoria Regal II
De Temple 56
The Vic is sitting on a Boogie 2 x 12 Recto Cab that I use for Metal with a Boogie Stiletto head.

I've been playing, buying, selling , and trading
gear for over 30 years....

IMG_3653.JPG

:pimp:

fractal

fractal

I play guitar, bass and drums occasionally but the bass is my favorite instrument. When I had some close encounter type experiences as a toddler I was left with a particular feeling, that popped up again at age 19 when I first picked up an electric bass. Like i was meant to play it.

Here are pics of my favorite instruments, the black one is a Warwick Streamer fretless bass that's worth over 2 grand. Bought it with my student loans about 4 years ago because I got it for like half that price, couldn't pass it up. The green one is my Fender precision bass, a rather hard to find japanese model from 1986. I have two identical ones actually, but one has a fucked up nut because I took it in to get re-fretted and the dipshit repair guy literally took a hammer and chisel to it and gouged out a bunch of wood, chipped the headstock and installed a nut that is not even flush with the neck! Total hackjob but luckily I managed to find an identical bass online. I love these Precision basses because they have an all-black finished neck front and back you don't find on many Fenders at all, and the green metallic paintjob is badass.

The plain looking wood finish bass is the first one I ever had, it's a Carvin brand parts kit that I put together with my dad. This is the one that when I first picked it up and played it, my memories of being 3 years old standing next to an alien and being shown all this weird shit, came rushing back and I was like "WOW ok that's what that is all about."

YO Crom I am digging that JR signature Telecaster. Never saw that one before, a tele with EMG pickups holy smokes! Sounded good in that video clip.

Anyone else see the Sonic Youth pro model Fender Jazzmasters? Those things look amazing, the jazzmaster is my favorite guitar because of those guys, and robert smith of the Cure plays one too. I love anything by Fender but my guitars consist of an Epiphone SG and a Gibson Les Paul studio model. The LP rocks, sounds great for a starter model Gibson but Fenders have a different vibe about them, I like the single coil pickup sound.

WarwickBassSMALL
GEDC2628
New P
PBass SpecialRIP
CarvinBass
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Slappa da bass!! Thanks for sharing dudes.

pura

pura

Gibson 500T with a kill switch.

http://i.invalid.com/bZ7Pu.jpg

5150, into a Orange 4x12 cabinet.

http://i.invalid.com/2Ad9I.jpg

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co

Nice job on the kill switch..i used to just get lazy and unhook the front pickup and use the toggle..lol

Love the rig dude i was thinking of going with the Orange 212 for my 6505.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

fractal. I'm loving your fretless. You might of said but what kind of amps you working with.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter

I play guitar, bass and drums occasionally but the bass is my favorite instrument. When I had some close encounter type experiences as a toddler I was left with a particular feeling, that popped up again at age 19 when I first picked up an electric bass. Like i was meant to play it.

Here are pics of my favorite instruments, the black one is a Warwick Streamer fretless bass that's worth over 2 grand. Bought it with my student loans about 4 years ago because I got it for like half that price, couldn't pass it up. The green one is my Fender precision bass, a rather hard to find japanese model from 1986. I have two identical ones actually, but one has a fucked up nut because I took it in to get re-fretted and the dipshit repair guy literally took a hammer and chisel to it and gouged out a bunch of wood, chipped the headstock and installed a nut that is not even flush with the neck! Total hackjob but luckily I managed to find an identical bass online. I love these Precision basses because they have an all-black finished neck front and back you don't find on many Fenders at all, and the green metallic paintjob is badass.

The plain looking wood finish bass is the first one I ever had, it's a Carvin brand parts kit that I put together with my dad. This is the one that when I first picked it up and played it, my memories of being 3 years old standing next to an alien and being shown all this weird shit, came rushing back and I was like "WOW ok that's what that is all about."

YO Crom I am digging that JR signature Telecaster. Never saw that one before, a tele with EMG pickups holy smokes! Sounded good in that video clip.

Anyone else see the Sonic Youth pro model Fender Jazzmasters? Those things look amazing, the jazzmaster is my favorite guitar because of those guys, and robert smith of the Cure plays one too. I love anything by Fender but my guitars consist of an Epiphone SG and a Gibson Les Paul studio model. The LP rocks, sounds great for a starter model Gibson but Fenders have a different vibe about them, I like the single coil pickup sound.

Hell yeah! That Orange 5150 set up is dope!

That fretless bass is sic!

fractal

fractal

I have a 5150 combo amp, same amp as Pura's but mine has a 2x12 cab in one unit. That Orange speaker cab is awesome for sure they make really good gear. The 5150 is totally amazing it's hard to find anything that comes close to it even at 2x or 3x the price. For bass I use a GK 800rb head into a Ampeg 4x10 cab. Unfortunately the Ampeg is still in california at my friend's house. I want to try and hook up with a band where I am at now but don't have the firepower to do it without the 4x10, all I have for bass right now is a little fender bassman 60 watt practice amp and that won't cut through at all in a band situation.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Seeing all your guy's sweet setups makes me wanna bust out my mesa boogie head and show it off. This is the setup I'm currently pissing my neighbors off with. No name pre amp that kicks ass, 260wt 2x130 peavey power amp with my carvin half cab. I usually mic it when we jam but if we play somewhere I borrow another half cab. Basic but that pre amp will give you any sound you want. Loving that orange cab though.

SAM 0429

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

yup. It's a lot easier to say no name. It's seems like a lot of people don't know ADA. you like them?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hell yeah dude i used to love mine back in the day. Glad to see you rocking one.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I used to think it sucked till I changed the tubes in it. To be honest, and I hate saying this, I like this setup better then my mesa. With that said, I haven't played my mesa in like a year so it's kind of an unbias statement.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I used to think it sucked till I changed the tubes in it. To be honest, and I hate saying this, I like this setup better then my mesa. With that said, I haven't played my mesa in like a year so it's kind of an unbias statement.

Yeah bro i had some ruby tubes in mine and used to love it. You got a solid rig for sure. I worked for a Boogie dealer for years and honestly i never dug the sound of their bass amps. My buddy just got a Hartke and i was shocked at how good it sounds for a cheaper bass amp.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Being young when the chili peppers were blowing up, listening to flea a lot, it was only natural I thought mesa was the best. But I started getting deeper into people like james jameson and jaco pastorious, les claypool, stanley clarke, rocco preestia to name a few, and realized to those guys it wasn't about labels but sound. Like you said, it's amazing how a cheap setup can create such a thick sound.

fractal

fractal

ADA preamp hell yeah! I got one for my bass it's the mbp-1 or something like that. I got it for its 80's retro appeal, looks like something off the space shuttle that nasa designed. Tons of different sounds with that one and damn it sure gets loud. One of the coolest things you can still get for about 200 bucks is one of the ADA preamps for guitar or bass.

Top Bottom