If youre in Gilpin County...YOURE IN TROUBLE!

• Thread starter ChickenJoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChickenJoe

just a heads up to the mountains, ive had 6 friends in gilpin county visited in the last 48hrs by gilpin county investigators. They knock, ask if "john doe" or whatever is home...of course there is nobody there by that name and then say "i smell the odor of marijuana growing" how many plants do you have and from there you get the idea where it goes.

Most of these houses are grows or are close to big stinky grows

One only had a couple plants in veg, no way they smelled anything EVER

They have to be walking the roads at night or??? the one house with a couple plants is running nothing for the electric to see.

LOCK IT UP
DONT ANSWER THE DOOR
GET YOUR PLANT COUNT RIGHT

Something isnt looking good....do they really want to take the pot dollar out of gilpin and ned?? it would all be gone tomorrow if that happend.

C

ChickenJoe

guess everyone up in gilpin is thinking it has to be the meter reader getting a kick back. "Sucks to be this mother fuckin meter reader this month" gilpin county resident.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sucks

What's to gain from these asshats

mal

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

People live in Gilpin? I thought it was just gamblers and meth heads........j/k

Run your scrubbers and keep your plant count in check....

I

Inuit

Yikes.

I was looking at a small building in the center of town, glad I passed on it.

A

TortureKill

TortureKill

My guess is there getting tipped off some way or another, and the old I smell pot, reasonable doubt is bs. They obviously dont have much to go on, but are looking to clean house real quick without taking the time to obtain search warrants, or like I stated they just dont have enough evidence. I agree, Dont answer the door for the police. This is def a dirty trick. FUCKERS....

Good looking out Chicken JOE. Lets just hope they see this post before opening the door to these Scumbags

M

Mr Dank

all you have to do is show them your card and not let them in your house until they get a warrant. if you are a cardholder, you can possess 2 oz and 6 plants, and your house can smell with your limit.

C

ChickenJoe

all you have to do is show them your card and not let them in your house until they get a warrant. if you are a cardholder, you can possess 2 oz and 6 plants, and your house can smell with your limit.

Maybe you have run into more by the books cops than I have. The only time your rights matter is in court. Officers call it "we can do this the easy way or the hard way" and you don't want em to do it the hard way.

D

DoobyScoo

I open my door for the Sheriff. Looks a little suspect, IMO, to talk to them through the window.
Never, ever, do I grant them permission to enter the premises. That is what warrants are for.
As for Probable Cause, or prima facie, that is very subjective in a court of law and the fact that the prosecution goes from a 'plea bargain' to a 'jury trial' is significant. They never post on the front page the ones that get settled out of court, or dropped by the DA.

S

SoCoMMJ

As for Probable Cause, or prima facie, that is very subjective in a court of law and the fact that the prosecution goes from a 'plea bargain' to a 'jury trial' is significant.

And just for the record, the odor or presence of marijuana is still grounds for probable cause. Medical or not it doesn't matter.

D

DoobyScoo

And just for the record, the odor or presence of marijuana is still grounds for probable cause. Medical or not it doesn't matter.

I guess it depends on what county you're in.
Is Stan Garnett's administration going to side with LEO in Boulder County?

Is Mr. May's administration going to to side with LEO in Teller and El Paso counties?

You have two very different sides. Ultimately it IS up to the DA to decide which 'criminals' they prosecute, they can't (and don't want to) prosecute everyone.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I dont answer if the po comes card or no card. If they have a warrant they will likely not knock and if they dont then they can fuck themselves. is it just gilpin or blackhawk too?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ab-so-fucking-LUTELY. This is the truth here in Cali.

But a lot of folks still hang onto the notion that once they're medical and have a card, things like "probable cause" go out the window. Just. Not. True.

D

DoobyScoo

Yeah, buy I don't have the presence or odor of Marijuana when I open the door.
I guess old habits die hard.
No need to leave the bong out in the middle of the room. I even started smoking in my basement around the carbon filters just so there wouldn't be any smell.

Just saying talking to the po-po from the window isn't the magic answer for everybody. If they force their way into your house and you demand they obtain a warrant, they will have to prove in court why it was so pressing that they couldn't follow due process of law.
Castle Doctrine.

Of course the Sheriff around here (where I live) is more interested in busting Coke/Meth, B&E and Domestic Disturbance. People like me are their LOWEST priority.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Ab-so-fucking-LUTELY. This is the truth here in Cali.

But a lot of folks still hang onto the notion that once they're medical and have a card, things like "probable cause" go out the window. Just. Not. True.

Not so sure about out here in CO. I got pulled over with 3 friends a while back after we'd been trimming all day. As expected, the pig told us he was being "overwhelmed" by the smell of weed. So I give him my card. He asks me to get out of the car and begins with the questioning. He must've asked me a dozen times if he could search my car, or if we had any mushrooms or LSD. I just kept saying no.

It seems to me like he would have torn my car apart if he could have. I really don't know the law this is just my experience.

I should have just let him search it. All he might have found was a couple leaves from the bottoms of our shoes!

S

SoCoMMJ

Not so sure about out here in CO. I got pulled over with 3 friends a while back after we'd been trimming all day. As expected, the pig told us he was being "overwhelmed" by the smell of weed.

You have not had your door bashed in from a warrant based only on high electric usage and odor that was coming from another grower in the building. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are safe.

You were lucky...he had probable cause to search and tear your shit apart, but let you off with a mild hassle.

W

waywardson

And he would not have gotten lucky had he not said no. Always say no and then not another fucking word.

It is hard as hell the first time you do it. But then they go away and they do not show up with a warrant...if they could have gotten it they would not ask in the first place. Be polite...do not poke a rattlesnake with a stick...but never let them do what they ask. Put the choice squarely on them...you would be surprised how different they are under questioning on the witness stand.

M

Mr Dank

I have heard of several "knock and talks" that resulted in the police leaving and not coming back

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

IMO There is a phone call behind everyone of the knock and talks by concerned citizen or neighborhood narc. Every neighborhood in america has one of them.
The electric company makes money off you.
Why would they turn you in ?
I have never seen a meter reader close to my property its almost like they ride by and get a reading.
They don't look at the meter still do they ?

P.s. They come to my casa I will always do it the hard way. They have no intention of making my life easier and if they had just cause they wouldn't have to ask.

Latest posts

Top Bottom