I'm a seed whore..... And proud of it!

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pogostick

storing seeds

Im kind of new to this game. What is the best way to store seeds?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i have heard the fridge, but anywhere dry, cool and dark...

S

SSHZ

Although everyone has an opinion, the best way is:

1. Make sure they are well dry and clean.

2. I use little glass viles, add the seeds and then some uncooked rice to absorb any leftover moisture.

3. I take all the seed containers, place it in a small air tight container and place it in the fridge, not the freezer.

Every year you'll loose about 10% that won't sprout anymore- but left alone most will last for years to come. I have seeds over 7 years old that still sprout when asked......

Moisture, light and heat and your enemies!

B

Burned Haze

I also have a seed addiction:

Seeds on stock:
TH MKULTRAWRECK (F) 10
TH Mend Mad (R) 10
Barney LSD (F) 20
Barney Red Dragan (F) 10 pack
TGA Chernobyl (R) 20 pack
TGA Qrazy Train (R) 10pack
Next G Timewarp (R) 15 pack
CH9 Herijuana Jack 33 (F) 11 pack
Sweet Seeds Green Poison(F) 12 pack
Sweet Moham Ram (F) 03 pack
Nirvana Swiss Cheese®
Reserve HeadBand (F)06 pack
DNA Cataract Kush (F) 06 pack
Reserve Cole Train (F) 10 pack
TH Burmese Kush (R) 10 pack
TGA Jillybean (R)10 pack
Next Generation (R) Grapefruit Kush
Next Generation Grapegod (R)10
DNA KushBerry (F) 06

My homegrown Crosses from '010:
Mendo Maddness x BF Amensia Lemon
Mendo Maddness x Sweet Afghani Delicious

Reserve packs xskunk's

3x (R)
Sleestack
KK
KB
OG#18
x1 lsd seed ( F)

Once i get more funding i wanna get many more genes from great breeders like Gage Green/Riot.

Freebies (1): will use on spots for testing since heard such bad things about Dinafem's hermie issue

Dinafem Seeds Cheese
Dinafem Roadrunner Automatic Feminized
Dinafem Seeds Critical +
Dinafem Seeds Blue Widow
Dinafem Seeds Haze Automatic
Royal Queen Seeds Blue Mistic
Royal Queen Seeds Special Kush #1
Royal Queen Seeds Special Queen #1
Royal Queen Seeds Shining Silver Haze
Royal Queen Seeds Amnesia Haze

D

dedust

that's nuts how some of you guys have literally hundreds, if not thousands of beans. i'm so jealous...but at the same time, will you guys ever end up using them?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i have popped almost half of my collection.... about 30 packs

Hey Burned Haze have you ran the moham ram? if so how was it?

S

SSHZ

That's the whole point of this thread. A lot of us have too many seeds and will never be able to grow them all out in our lifetimes......... and yet we keep buying more!

C

catmando6694

SSHZ thanks for making those comments about Marc that was fate i owe you big time for hooking me up with the farm you are inspiring i don't know how you feel about uncle ben but i have learned alot from his threads i really owe the owner of my local indoor garden center for turning me onto threads cause even though i've been doin this continuously since the days of the phototron and vertical lights with 4 foot parabolic reflectors i've learned more on these threads in the last 18 mnths than in the first 20 yrs of hit and miss by myself and out dated books thanks again and hope to keep in touch stay free and safe

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Although everyone has an opinion, the best way is:

1. Make sure they are well dry and clean.

2. I use little glass viles, add the seeds and then some uncooked rice to absorb any leftover moisture.

3. I take all the seed containers, place it in a small air tight container and place it in the fridge, not the freezer.

Every year you'll loose about 10% that won't sprout anymore- but left alone most will last for years to come. I have seeds over 7 years old that still sprout when asked......

Moisture, light and heat and your enemies!

good advice - I would add that I keep mine in the crisper drawer - its dark down there and I keep a thermometer next to my beans

my fridge setting needs to be adjusted for summer and winter or shit will freeze near the bottom

S

SSHZ

Hey Cat- PHOTOTON........... LOL, what a peice of crap that was/is. I still see small advertisements for them in High Times monthly. For people that don't know, this is the first self contained plastic grow unit (over 25 years ago) that used flourescent lighting and spagnum moss as the medium. They were crap and let light leak in so flowering was next to impossible. People used to put a blanket on top of them at night to block light issues. The owner/developer was a greasy scam artist that eventually sold the business off. I don't know a single person that ever produced 1 oz of pot using one of these. Boy Cat, you are old too!!! Glad to see pot smoking hasn't dimmed your memory much........

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Wasn't it Phototron. :rofl. I saw one produce almost 20 grams of wispy bud. Got stolen on the guys second run. You can grab one of those and run out the door with it.

fred

S

SSHZ

My bad!!!!! I believe Phototrash is more correct. I think the owner's name was Marco or DeMarco or something like that. I thought it was funny over the years how their advertisement in High Times got smaller and smaller. Full page to 1/2 page to 1/4 page to 1/8 page to small 2 incher. His claims were outrageous about how easy it was to produce killer bud............ but readers complained, complained and complained some more. Then they started selling additions to the unit like auto-waterers and timers, better ferts, etc. that improved the results. By the time you're done, you are out $500 for trash that still didn't work right. You newbies missed out on all the fun back in the day!!!!!!!!

Z

ziggy1

Jeffrey Julian Demarco... Who could forget him..They went chapter 11 at one point and kept my money and never shipped the unit... those bastards

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hello all,i am among the whores out there as well, i have a decent stock myself,though i haven't purchased in about 7months,before that i binged out,personally i am waiting for good ole raskal to pop back into the scene.i have to say his beans from my exper. are among the best..example,popped 1 sx18,1 s.bubba, and 1 white urkel among other breeders stuff...lol all 3 of the raskals were keeper phenos to the max and have all but the sx18 to this day...straight fire,grow on my fellow bean junkies!!
Burn

S

SSHZ

Ziggy wins the prize..... I remember H.T. did a piece about him maybe 10-15 years ago when he was still in business. Zigg- you're are better off never getting that piece of shit anyway. You'd end up with a stash of celery and just be more pissed off anyway. But, sorry for your loss....... I guess the lesson is don't buy ANYTHING from H.T. without thoroughly checking it out cause they are advertising WHORES!

M

makeitstink

what would you recommend thats stinks gooooood and do you have ?

Top Bottom