I'm about to harvest and need some advice

• Thread starter Ghost47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ghost47

Ghost47

Right the first grow I had I burnt the living shit outta it and fucked all kinds of stuff up like putting a febreze small spaces air freshener in the same area as my plant to mask the smell and the bud ended up tasting like soap lmao 😂 😅 definitely not the best idea

Ghost47

Ghost47

Thank you I was wondering if it was but since it's younger I wasn't sure but I'm glad I asked because I was gonna let it keep going for a while and just wondering because I havnt flushed the younger plant at all or gave it staright water yet is it necessary or can I cut without doing it?

Reactions: PK1
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Thank you I was wondering if it was but since it's younger I wasn't sure but I'm glad I asked because I was gonna let it keep going for a while and just wondering because I havnt flushed the younger plant at all or gave it staright water yet is it necessary or can I cut without doing it?
Some people swear by flushing the plant and some say it's not necessary. From what I've read I'm on the not flush boat.
So if I were you I would keep the plant in 48 hours of darkness towards the end of my dry cycle, then cut each branch and hang em on hangers.... you know what there's actually whole tutorials on this that can better articulate what I'm trying to put together in my current state. Hold on I'll try and find some

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Dude there's like 3 sticks with everything you need to know in the drying and curing section of threads on this very forum. You should give em a read

Ghost47

Ghost47

Thank you I'll start browsing around and see wat I can find I appreciate the advice and the help I'm trying to make sure I do everything right this time around 😆

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Looks like some budrot, first Pic the bud down right with small twisted leaves.
Do those leaves come off without resistance when you pull a bit ?
Then you may have budrot in there.
Cut that out and throw away, dont smoke it.
Good luck

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
The buds did smell super strong at 1 point and was super sticky but now they feel kinda dry not sure why and there's alot of tricombs that are pure black but I'd say almost all of them are amber colored there's a few milky colored 1s here and there but not many and idk if this makes a difference but all the plants are hemp
I have never seen black trichomes.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
100% white and milky is top shelf.
to get this tho usually requires a percentage of amber to get the clear ones to turn.

Mr.G

Ghost47

Ghost47

Yeah it was on the leaves the heads of the tricombs were black I should have tooken a pic but the leaves were tough and had some resistance when u pulled I harvested the plant and hung it up to dry for 4days and it's been cureing for like a week almost but im about to cut the second biggest plant today she's been in the dark for 3 days now and I haven't watered for a week almost gonna cut trim and dry here soon oh and I'll post a pic of the tricombs it's not zoomed in as I'd like it to be but u get the just of the picture

IMG 20210107 210839714
IMG 20210107 210836580
IMG 20210103 152541283
CFC7143

CFC7143

Yeah it was on the leaves the heads of the tricombs were black I should have tooken a pic but the leaves were tough and had some resistance when u pulled I harvested the plant and hung it up to dry for 4days and it's been cureing for like a week almost but im about to cut the second biggest plant today she's been in the dark for 3 days now and I haven't watered for a week almost gonna cut trim and dry here soon oh and I'll post a pic of the tricombs it's not zoomed in as I'd like it to be but u get the just of the picture
They are amber not black

Ghost47

Ghost47

Will the plant is dryed already or I would show y'all what I mean yes these are dark amber but towards the edge of the leaves they weren't dark amber or brown they were pure black on the heads only but what u see in this picture is closer towards the middle of the bud where Im talking about though is at the tips of the leaves near the top of the plant plus my leaves were turning purple almost blackish where it was getting too close to the light so maybe that's why it happened

Ghost47

Ghost47

I didn't get much off the plant in question the buds were super airy but now the hay smell has faded alot and the smell is becoming stronger now thank God cus before I dryed it had lost almost all of it smell and the second pic is the younger plant (Sour Suver Haze) that I just cut and trimmed tonight I let both plant sit in the dark for 3 days the first plant I didn't really see or notice anything different once I took it outta the dark but the second plant I seen a huge difference in the tricombs litterly all the tricombs had grown a considerable amount mainly in length they were actually visible to the naked eye and standing off the bud but I didn't really see any other changes than that the hairs still looked the same but it did look more wet like resin wise

IMG 20210115 233142266
IMG 20210115 225553974

Latest posts

Top Bottom