I'm Blowing Up My Basement, FINALLY

• Thread starter HottyToddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HottyToddy

HottyToddy

So, I have a 12x15x8 sealed basement; besides one exterior door of course. The only things I'm firm on are Bubble Bucket System setups under 2 x 1000W (flower), 2 T5's (4 Tube for Veg), & a 3 bulb Shop-Lite (clones/seedlings). I'm planning on trying my first Closed Grow Environment (CGE). Any suggestions, recommendations, or advice would be much appreciated.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

2 TWO 1K ?

Ist off welcome to the farm and cant wait to see what ya can do

IMHO every one needs to grow green.

, dealing with a 1st grow you say ?

I would put away one of the 1000watters

JUST UN-till ya get a handle on temps on a dry flower run with nothing growing just to get the feel, the system you want is bubbles? Hydroponic nute film technique ya like to run and what type of nutes you will be using to feed your babies.

There are a lot of learning curves to navigate and the 1st electric bill you get with two 1k and the t5 and the fans bubbles misc. its gunna add up and can shut your motivation down real fast.....
be prepared Just FYI

I would do your seedlings or clones like ya said under the T5 and stay there till you have vegged your 1st grows at least 3 months
just to get a handle on stuff,

while your vegging plants set up the timers on the Flower room and make sure you can control the temps over a week or so during 12/12
you don't want to have a over 15 to 20 degrees swing from the on time to the off period.
once you have that handled then start with just a few clones veg 4 weeks
Then throw um under the one 1k unit and then decide if you will need two 1ooo watters

so you like the bubbles
Take a look at HempyCOCO grows coco is a very simple and EZ to maintained sub strait produces just like hydro without the risk of flooding or PH issues.

regardless of what you do
Have fun with it, enjoy don't pigeon hole yourself with one Idea always share the grow and

the Karma will come to ya.

Now go get your grow on
+Vibes FlyJ

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Thanks so much for all the advice @FlyinJStable

I've grown in soil Ocean Forest/ProMix/Perlite medium before for many runs in a previous house, but just moved to a new spot. I've been researching how I'm going to upgrade everything.

Here's what I got so far:

Gonna be doing (2) sets of 4-unit 5 gal 10" net pot lid bubble buckets each with it's on separate bucket chilled res for flower. (1) set of 4-unit bubble buckets for veg & another set for moms each with their own separate bucket chilled res & all 5 gallon. I have a DIY Rubbermaid 12 site power cloner.

I also will be main lining (scrog technique) to achieve bushy results & Max yield. I plan on vegging for 4-6 weeks or until my scrog netting is full.

Unlimited Budget--gotta have the best!

Flower: 5.5x9.5x8

Veg: 2.5x8x8

Clone: 2.5x3x8

Was only going to do LED in flower, T5 with best blue bulbs I can buy, & shop light fluorescents for clones.

I welcome any advice or suggestions you might have, for sure!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

OK so The T5 is great I love mine but light spectrum go to the fish store that sells saltwater coral reef equipment they have 6 different t5 bulbs you need the high end super blue and one reef red they cost A bit but in the bigger picture the plants will thank you for it by yeilding a better grow .

running the hydro set up depending on your reservoir size and scope of the plant size yes a chiller is going to be a must.
I dont push product on growers but I do this stuff.... look into using OG BioWar in the res tank and to amend the feedings to your growin girls. every one here on the farm or a good number of us use it. look for @Capulator he is a grower her and he made this stuff
its unbelievable. If you have grown before you surely dealt with mites bugs and ^%t$t im sure well Caps Beneficial s are great OK theirs my only pitch lol

LED
I love where the industry is going with max spectrum lights and a few companies are out in frnt but all in all stay with the HPS eye hortys and a descent ballast if you can afford um go with Solis-tech digi
if not lumatec Just my opinion

it does sound like your doing lots of homework and to move into hydro thats what ya need so rock on

Is Hotty Toddy For female or male
Not that it matters

all are equal in the eyes of the dank buds
FlyJ

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

First, res size is just another 5 gallon bucket. Second, thanks for the recs on the products. Third, I'm going with 8 Area 51 XGS for flower. Top of the line as of right now. Fourth, I'm gonna need to get a T5 fixture only & put the bulbs from the aquarium shop you mentioned in myself, right? I was thinking you could buy the T5 already with those bulbs in them. Never changed T5 bulbs...Lastly, google "Ole Miss HOTTY TODDY" & you'll see.

Yes, I try to read & educate myself everyday. Forums like these make it an unbelievable resource for people to connect & share real world real time experiences we all learn from. Freakin' BRILLIANT!

Thanks again!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

well right on sista grow it smash kick its ass.....
yes The T5 you only get 3000K or soft white bulbs so ya need 6000K 0r 6700K
but the aqua store can help with that part just tell your growing a tropical rainforest type terrarium garden in your big tank the fish boys will hook u right up. changing the lights is a snap twist in twist out EZ cheezee limon squeezee
Bedtime now
much respect PS really do read some of @Capulator threads you will be floored
Flyj

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Work Day 2:

Building the rooms out and sealing up flower with 2 Active Air Intakes from the house HVAC for cooling or heating needs. They are capped off at the moment. I'm using 1/2" reflective insulation for the walls & ceiling.

Last edited:
HottyToddy

HottyToddy

1) Eco Air Plus II Air Pump

1) Air Hose with T Fitting

1) Dome & Tray

2) 12 Compartment Insert

1) 25 Count Bag of Rapid Rooter Plugs

1) GH pH Tester Kit

1) Back Heating Pad

1) Root Cloning Gel

And, of course the babies:

6 Reg Animal Cookies

2 Fem Critical Cheese

Gotta finish the room now, quick-like...

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

So, just got back from Malága, Spain for my buddy's wedding and & after being gone for 14 days I'm really eager to get up & running. More progress to the build out coming soon and the target start date 8/26, which is just before crescent moon phase.

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Samples from House & Garden are in. They hooked up Aqua A & B & all the additives, except "Magic Green." No worries, though! I was going to use a different Foliar anyway this run. I've heard there are better foliars out there so any suggestions is appreciated. H & G were really timely & all I had to do was fill out a card & pay for shipping.

R

redlife215

And if I can strongly strongly suggest something, if u are running bubble buckets or any kind of dwc look up a product called hydro sparkle. If u add this to ur water and it will really keep root rot away. I battled with roit rot and it is the surge of dwc and no other product really worked for me until hydro sparkle. Take my word for it I promise u. I think u have to order it online but it will be worth it my man. Good luck to you

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I was going to say..dude, run beneficials or you are going to have problems..and there is a post about hydro sparkle.

I would LOVE to run a sterile system but after time and time again of getting rot, I went to beneficial teas and never had a problem. It has allot to do with what is in your water to begin with.

I have never heard people running into rot with beneficial and the OG stuff is the bomb. Ok the other hand, I have heard people clearing up rot with simply h3o. Just never worked for me.

So how are you chilling your buckets? Are you circulating the water from the chilled Rez to the buckets?

My only suggestions at this point..buy a pond master or Alita air pump. The eco plus commercial pumps are garbage and I mean hot loud garbage.

Skip the drywall if you can. Plywood and panda film are lighter, cleaner, and don't rot.

Good luck and have fun!!

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

And if I can strongly strongly suggest something, if u are running bubble buckets or any kind of dwc look up a product called hydro sparkle. If u add this to ur water and it will really keep root rot away. I battled with roit rot and it is the surge of dwc and no other product really worked for me until hydro sparkle. Take my word for it I promise u. I think u have to order it online but it will be worth it my man. Good luck to you

Thank you very much @redlife215!

Hydro Sparkle is ordered. It's ok with H&G Aqua?

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

I was going to say..dude, run beneficials or you are going to have problems..and there is a post about hydro sparkle.

I would LOVE to run a sterile system but after time and time again of getting rot, I went to beneficial teas and never had a problem. It has allot to do with what is in your water to begin with.

I have never heard people running into rot with beneficial and the OG stuff is the bomb. Ok the other hand, I have heard people clearing up rot with simply h3o. Just never worked for me.

So how are you chilling your buckets? Are you circulating the water from the chilled Rez to the buckets?

My only suggestions at this point..buy a pond master or Alita air pump. The eco plus commercial pumps are garbage and I mean hot loud garbage.

Skip the drywall if you can. Plywood and panda film are lighter, cleaner, and don't rot.

Good luck and have fun!!

I'm dropping 2 liter frozen bottles in my epicenters for now if I need to cool the water. It's very cold and the basement will be cooled/heated with HVAC from my house so my ambient temps during the day are 74 and 62 at night.

Thanks for the pump recs! I'll be recirculating exactly the CCH2O does with their UC system.

And, no drywall; just 1/2 inch foam reflective insulation that will seal flower room from veg and lung room.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Sounds sweet. Just watch those roots dude. If they are anything but white you need to act and act FAST.

DWC is incredible and I wouldnt grow any other way but the horrer stories of loosing entire crops in a week or two are very real.

Ebay has some of the best prices on the pond masters. I just purchased 8 100 lpm models and got them for $133 each.

They are sooo money. They are super quiet and don't get hot as hell either.

:)

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Sounds sweet. Just watch those roots dude. If they are anything but white you need to act and act FAST.

DWC is incredible and I wouldnt grow any other way but the horrer stories of loosing entire crops in a week or two are very real.

Ebay has some of the best prices on the pond masters. I just purchased 8 100 lpm models and got them for $133 each.

They are sooo money. They are super quiet and don't get hot as hell either.

:)

Sweet! I'll check them out for sure. What rule of thumbs do you use for sizing out air and water pumps?

Many Thanks!

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

My general rule of thumb is as much air as you can afford. Right now I'm running somewhere in the area of 12 lpm per bucket.

I do recirculating DWC but more like an ebb and flow set up not like the UC so your on your own in terms of pumps.

We use the 2" round cylinder stones, chuck them after every run

Top Bottom