im cheap, ya heard of FloraPro

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pdasterly

pdasterly

Try 3 grams base with micros, 2 grams cal nit per gallon (~4L). Adjust EC from the looks of plants.
response from general hydro

You cannot use FloraPro in your situation at all. FloraPro is not a dry version of Flora Series, nor is it meant for any grower using less than 2,000 gallons of water daily, and only for use with direct injection systems.

You will not be able to shoe horn yourself into being able to use this in any other setting.

Take a look at the product guide via the following link, and you will see why you most likely purchased this product in error:

https://scotts-hawthorne-public-pro...OD/documents/Documents/718006_Usage-Guide.pdf FloraPro, unlike our other powdered line Maxi Series- is comprised of non-uniform salts that are only homogeneous in a single serving size- which is one bag.

Think of it as dippin dots ice cream, or a jar of candy sprinkles in rainbow colors, with the individual colors representing different salts, and nutrient bonds. Every teaspoon of dippin dots or sprinkles you scoop out is going to have a different makeup of salts, or in the analogy- colors, which means that scoop after scoop will be different in terms of fertilizer content and value.

Now you can imagine how this variation is going to play out among reservoirs vs using a product designed for day tanks, in a homogeneous liquid format able to be used in very granular amounts.

Thank you

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

response from general hydro

You cannot use FloraPro in your situation at all. FloraPro is not a dry version of Flora Series, nor is it meant for any grower using less than 2,000 gallons of water daily, and only for use with direct injection systems.

You will not be able to shoe horn yourself into being able to use this in any other setting.

Take a look at the product guide via the following link, and you will see why you most likely purchased this product in error:

https://scotts-hawthorne-public-pro...OD/documents/Documents/718006_Usage-Guide.pdf FloraPro, unlike our other powdered line Maxi Series- is comprised of non-uniform salts that are only homogeneous in a single serving size- which is one bag.

Think of it as dippin dots ice cream, or a jar of candy sprinkles in rainbow colors, with the individual colors representing different salts, and nutrient bonds. Every teaspoon of dippin dots or sprinkles you scoop out is going to have a different makeup of salts, or in the analogy- colors, which means that scoop after scoop will be different in terms of fertilizer content and value.

Now you can imagine how this variation is going to play out among reservoirs vs using a product designed for day tanks, in a homogeneous liquid format able to be used in very granular amounts.

Thank you

This info from them is completely wrong. Right in the flora pro directions i just read says mix weight or number of bags.

Its just powdered fertilizer. Like jacks hydro or many others as far as i can see.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
That response from Gen Hydro sounds really condescending. F*ck those douche nozzles.

Try 3 grams of the grow and 2 grams of the Calcium + micros per gallon. Same with 3 g bloom, 2 cal/micros.

It's not rocket surgery just because you aren't running 2000 gallons a day. Jerks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That response from Gen Hydro sounds really condescending. F*ck those douche nozzles.

Try 3 grams of the grow and 2 grams of the Calcium + micros per gallon. Same with 3 g bloom, 2 cal/micros.

It's not rocket surgery just because you aren't running 2000 gallons a day. Jerks.

Their response was completely made up. And i dont really get why?

Pippins

Pippins

I'm curious about Flora Pro too, and had same question as the OP. This thread was short but interesting. I think the GH rep doesn't want smaller growers catching on to the value inherent in this product and wants to keep them buying their more expensive lines marketed towards small growers. Bill Farthing had it right. I like the numbers on this line better than Jacks-more mag/sulfur.

Throttlebuzz

Throttlebuzz

So how is it panning out so far? All good going 3 2? I was looking at the exact same shit and when i did a florapro review search your post was the top of the list on Google. So, I joined up the forum to ask how it is going. Hopefully well and I will proceed with buying my shit

pdasterly

pdasterly

So how is it panning out so far? All good going 3 2? I was looking at the exact same shit and when i did a florapro review search your post was the top of the list on Google. So, I joined up the forum to ask how it is going. Hopefully well and I will proceed with buying my shit
still havent got to it you, my previous maxibloom seems like a bottomless bucket (bought 2017)

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I tried a couple bags of it they sent me for free. I still prefer Jack's and Masterblend for the price and so Hawthorne doesn't get my money.

mcgrowth667

mcgrowth667

can you mix the "florapro-grow" and the "flora pro-calcium+micros" in the same tank or mixing bucket, or do they need to be mixed differently and fed at different times?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
can you mix the "florapro-grow" and the "flora pro-calcium+micros" in the same tank or mixing bucket, or do they need to be mixed differently and fed at different times?
As long as they are RTU final dilution and not as a concentrate.

mcgrowth667

mcgrowth667

As long as they are RTU final dilution and not as a concentrate.
im hand watering them out of a 50n gal. trashcan, can i mix them together in the trash can or should i make two seperate trashcans and mix them after i have dissolved the concentrate?
I tried a couple bags of it they sent me for free. I still prefer Jack's and Masterblend for the price and so Hawthorne doesn't get my money.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
im hand watering them out of a 50n gal. trashcan, can i mix them together in the trash can or should i make two seperate trashcans and mix them after i have dissolved the concentrate?
Pour in 50 gallons H20. Add a submersible water (stir) pump, not airstones that raise pH.

Add in order the least soluble stuff first to most soluble- silica, base fertilizer, calcium nitrate, epsom salt, fulvic acid. Leave the pump running until RTU.

Latest posts

Top Bottom