Im growing in the south now

• Thread starter Dummy buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Hello folks!! It's been a little bit since I've posted, I recently relocated to the south, in a not friendly state. I bought a house with a finished basement. I will be building a 6x6x10 room. I just bought new lights, recently I was using Fluence's spydr 660w LED grow lights, with co2, and all the goodies, in dirt. Now I'm going to run 1 fluence 660w spydr 2i, with co2 and all the goodies. I'm growing for myself so my room doesn't need to be real big at all. 1-2 plants at a time. For those of you that live in the south (one of the Carolinas) and have grown in a basement, what were your experiences? IE, Temps, humidity, heating/cooling, exhaust setups, the whole bit. I appreciate your time and insight. All experiences are welcome. Also, what's your methods for finding a new connect, coming from California has been rough to say the least lol

O

omega_mu

Depending on your temps and humidity at old place, may not be that different but I would assume you will be chasing heat and high humidity most days. Sounds like you probably have all the equipment. I live farther south but it is humid and hot pretty much year around so if that the case where your at that will be the main thing.

I pretty much use ac year around except on cold days, basement may need heat maybe not, I rely on houses central heating. Winter i need a humidifier to boost humidity most days but dehumidifier is used much more.

ddgsmj

ddgsmj

In VA - summer will be harder than anything else but manageable with some effort.
  • I started in a basement w/ 5x5 tent and just finished a 10x10 room because the tent became too hard to manage during intense cycles.
  • This past summer, tent was easily reaching 80* w/ a 700W LED & 4 plants.
  • I did not use AC w/ tent but will be using one in the 10x10 (haven't done any grows, it'll be a floor unit exhausting out basement half-window)
  • As Omega said, you'll need humidifier during dry season & dehumidifier, likely, year round during flowering periods.
  • I am pulling air from basement & exhausting to separate area of basement (meh but haven't encountered issues)
  • Cannot speak on CO2

• I setup my fan controller w/ temp & RH high-limits so that the 6" inline fan can quickly 'reset' my VPD parameters if things go out of wack. Usually I check this configuration once a week and adjust as needed. New room will be slightly different workflow though so YMMV.
I think you're going to be just fine, especially 1-2 plants in a room vs. tent.

Sounds like you already have experience & more likely you're just getting ducks in a row and checking them twice.

GLHF & here's to hoping the Carolinas come around eventually.

Top Bottom