I'm having trouble please help!!

• Thread starter 25hewitt17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
25hewitt17

25hewitt17

I have 4 plants that need help ...I trans planted them into buckets and they stopped growing after I did it ... please help me out...it's my first grow please.....the bottom leafs are yellow

Kfos

Kfos

How long ago did you transplant? What kind of soil did you use? Are yiubusing nutes?

Kfos

Kfos

I have 4 plants that need help ...I trans planted them into buckets and they stopped growing after I did it ... please help me out...it's my first grow please.....the bottom leafs are yellow
A pic greatly helps

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

Like 3 weeks ago and it's organtic and I put in these little sticks of nutes

az2000

az2000

It's hard to say without seeing photos. If the plants are small, and the buckets large, they could be focusing their growth underground.

Do the buckets have drain holes?

Like 3 weeks ago and it's organtic and I put in these little sticks of nutes

Those sound like slow-release nutrients. That's typically considered undesirable. Sometimes potting mixes at retail stores have slow-release nutrients built in. That causes problems for people who use it. They don't have control over the nutrients.

If you can remove those sticks, you can buy an inexpensive nutrient like MiracleGro "Tomato." I've grown a plant with that. It worked fine. About 5/8 tsp/gal. I liked it because I couldn't make it burn my plant. I fed 1.2 tsp/gal, and all I got was nitrogen toxicity. MG Tomato would be much better than slow-release sticks.

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

Here are a couple more pics of newer ones!! I'll post a couple pics of the others

IMG 20190726 135143
IMG 20190726 134331695
IMG 20190726 135155
IMG 20190726 134246908
az2000

az2000

These ones look good to me right?

The seedlings look good. The soil looks gelatanous, or fiberous like rock wool. If it drains well and dries relatively quickly, you should be ok. I'd be worried that might stay wet too long. Cannabis doesn't like staying wet.

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

The soil I used is from a plant I got from Walmart...is that ok?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things look fine. At the early stage that you are in, the plants break the surface, unfurl the initial leaves, and concentrate on growing their roots This is when you want to be careful about overwatering, as the roots will expand their range looking for moisture If there is a lot handy, they don't grow as big of a root system. After a week or so, the plants will grow more leaves to allow them to use the nutrients provided by the grown roots to allow for more growth, and so on. Your plants look good but don't make the mistake of over-fertilizing them, especially at this tiny stage. If you are using the plant food sticks made for house plants, they are fairly low in nutrients but will help your seedlings along until they grow larger and need more food than the plant spike will provide. Growing is a slow process and nothing can speed it up.... trying to by overfeeding and over-mothering it will just slow it down. You look good so far, just avoid over-watering and overfeeding and you can't fail.

az2000

az2000

The soil I used is from a plant I got from Walmart...is that ok?

It looks like peat moss. That can hold water. Adding perlite would have been good. Peat can also be acidic. If you're reusing something that's grown another plant, that could be a concern. Cannabis likes to go from wet to dry. Don't treat it like a houseplant and water it every day. If it doesn't dry fast enough, that could be a problem. You could have a fan blowing gently to help it dry (maybe not right now as a seedling. But, in a week. This would also depend on your humidity. If the air is dry, blowing too much on the plants can be a stress.). Cannabis pretty much grows itself. Try not to help too much.

az2000

az2000

Also, you need to cover that clear plastic cup. When the roots reach the edge of their world and see light, they'll turn into branches (produce chlorophyll, and stop functioning as roots). The root area needs to be protected from light. Wrap 3-4 layers of painters tape around the cup. (The cups should have holes in the bottom too, for excess water to drain out. If you don't do that you'll have problems.).

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

Ok what kind of light do you think I need for like 8 plants that's when I bring them in the house if I have to...I live in Pennsylvania

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

Can you tell me which one of these are the best and fastest to grow?

IMG 20190722 170837892
Dan789

Dan789

Can you tell me which one of these are the best and fastest to grow?
No clue, seedlings grow slow, so patience is a prerequisite, otherwise growing may not be your thing...As otherwise suggested, you’ll need to obtain some more suitable cups (light proof) to get these seedlings off to a hopefully successful grow. You’ll be playing catch-up to assimilate the necessary knowledge to get these plants through to harvest, don’t waste more time, get busy reading...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Okay so like somebody said above you want to get those out fast and I would flush it too

I'm doing a Romberry grow with 4 Jobe's 4-4-4 right now and the plant is out of control..! I've grown this plant for years and although it is a stretchy girl it's never stretched or even looked like this before, I'd recommend you take that out of those tiny plants right away or it may cook them in my opinion, good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom