I'm in need of assistance!!! :)

• Thread starter HappyYopo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyYopo

HappyYopo

I have been left with a small grow and not enough knowledge to take care of it on my own, I'm slightly a noob lol! I've only ever helped with a grow that was half mine. They are in veg at 4 weeks now, they look good but I don't know what kinda schedule to feed them on, and I may be horrible with lingo lmao! I can't post pics but I can list everything I've got, and describe things in detail!! I'm desperate to get as much as I can!! I'm facing homeless-ness if this doesn't work out lol! :( I kinda don't even know what questions to ask or what to search yet lol! :p so any advice or help is MORE than beyond appreciated!

Bannacis

Bannacis

You need to get you some grow books, Barnes and noble has em in garden section. that will teach you the basics.
There is quite a bit of info and you will need to know what peeps are talking about. And like you said, you don't know what to ask, so get some reading knowledge in. and fast.... cause if you jump in here and try to get help with out knowing anything, you will be confused and wasting a lot of your time (and your plants will suffer) Read my friend read...;)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

^^^^What Bannacis said. Get your read on....take notes of the important stuff. I read like 5 books before I got my first batch of clones. One last thing, and this has got to be the most IMPORTANT piece of information I ever got from someone about growing.

"Give your plants LOVE!"

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

Would any if these books be available for download? I sadly have no book money :( but I do have Internet access and 3tb worth of storage to put them in!!

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

I have been doing most of the hands on work, I'm used to dealing with the ladies daily, I'm just lost on how and what to feed them! I have all the hardware I need and its already set up. And that was leading up to this question... are there books specifically on nutrients!! :) I'll start looking online now :)! And Ty both of you for the advice so far!!! Lotsa love!!!

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

GOOGLE my friend. Its more helpful than the search bar.
And u should exercise both. + Read until your eyes fall out then put them back in and do it again.
As far as nutes go that is pandoras box sir.
Find a line that is easy to use not to expensive and not overly complicated or to the point where u need 50000 bottles of different sheite.
Get the basics figured out then start playing around and asking ?'s.

PnL

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Get some jacks classic dynamic duo. Its a 1 part mix, one for veg and one for flower. The recommended doses gives a ppm of 900-1000.

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

I have found some books on kickass!!! And I'm gonna Google my bum off now! I have one question for the moment, when should I start spraying the leaves and how often? I have some dark energy that I could use for foliar! I'm glad people here are nice to noobs lol ;p I feel quite welcomed!!

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can mist your girls anytime, as long as you do it at first lights on. So they will have time to dry out some.(don't need any mold)
and if you have powerful lights, you might want to raise them at first. with water/moister on leaves, the water droplets can act as magnifying glass and burn plant. I found in veg that my babies loved to be bathed, with my foiler spray I added carbonated water, like seltzer water, the CO2 is an added benefit...make sure there is no sodium in it. check label.
Dark energy...whats the label say? I usually mist every day or so, unless I added some nutes or something to water.
then once or twice a week.

And on another note, when you do start asking...make sure to give us all info you can on your set up...temps, lights, medium, ph, humidity, type of nutes, grow space size, ventilation....the more info you give the better we can help.
You can also google grow videos...youtube has a bunch too. Remember this!!! not all you read will be accurate or be right for your situation, read diff articles, and take notes of similarities. videos help, but weed out the bs posers.
Keep it simple...
Less is more...
if you have a problem, don't add anything to fix it, seek advice first.
And as Celtic said "show the Love"
Your plant will emulate your mood, they sense your karma, talk to em, tease the girls, tell em how pretty and stinky they are...
I know it sounds silly, but trust me, they will love you back the best way they can...By getting BIG FAT STINKY SWEET and DANKY for you to enjoy...lol :woot:

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

You can mist your girls anytime, as long as you do it at first lights on. So they will have time to dry out some.(don't need any mold)
and if you have powerful lights, you might want to raise them at first. with water/moister on leaves, the water droplets can act as magnifying glass and burn plant. I found in veg that my babies loved to be bathed, with my foiler spray I added carbonated water, like seltzer water, the CO2 is an added benefit...make sure there is no sodium in it. check label.
Dark energy...whats the label say? I usually mist every day or so, unless I added some nutes or something to water.
then once or twice a week.

And on another note, when you do start asking...make sure to give us all info you can on your set up...temps, lights, medium, ph, humidity, type of nutes, grow space size, ventilation....the more info you give the better we can help.
You can also google grow videos...youtube has a bunch too. Remember this!!! not all you read will be accurate or be right for your situation, read diff articles, and take notes of similarities. videos help, but weed out the bs posers.
Keep it simple...
Less is more...
if you have a problem, don't add anything to fix it, seek advice first.
And as Celtic said "show the Love"
Your plant will emulate your mood, they sense your karma, talk to em, tease the girls, tell em how pretty and stinky they are...
I know it sounds silly, but trust me, they will love you back the best way they can...By getting BIG FAT STINKY SWEET and DANKY for you to enjoy...lol :woot:
Ty :) and they get talked to everyday! And they kinda get to see me sing and dance lmao! ;P not that its any good, but who wouldn't be happy watching someone be silly! :) ok so my next steps are more reading for sure!, and getting a list of everything I have to feed my girls with and seeing how to use those! I can't express how thankful I am already, I have already answered a few of my questions with Google!!! :)

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

Ok I have pure blend pro grow and bloom, liquid karma, hygrozyme, dark energy, alota h2o2 that I wouldn't know what to do with, a huge tub of big bud powder for later (its label with directions are missing!), using dolomite lime and my Ph is pretty great actually the run off comes out at 6.4-6.6 for the most part, I have the ability to make ewc tea, and canna pk 13/14 for later as well! The room temp stays at about 74° its gotten up to 78 a couple times. The humidity I'll have to find a new way to check it! Ventilation is good and I've got the smell covered! I have adequate grow space, I've used the same room with a ton more ladies in it! Plenty of fans in the room, but nothing to harsh for the ladies. I know that may not be all the info needed, but its a start! Lol ;) and as for dark energy, it says use 1/2 tsp per quart for dollar! :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

All sounds pretty good so far, temps couldn't be better, you can get those cheap thermometers with humidity dial on bottom for a few bucks, walmart, home depot, lowes. get a couple. put one at plant canopy (at top of plants) like right under your lights.
As for the Big Bud tub, maybe Advanced Nutrients? check it out and try to size up the tub with what they offer.
You have quite a bit of nutes there, sometimes you can over do it by adding to much of a bunch of stuff.. remember less is more.
Do your research on the stuff you have and when to use em. :writing:

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

All sounds pretty good so far, temps couldn't be better, you can get those cheap thermometers with humidity dial on bottom for a few bucks, walmart, home depot, lowes. get a couple. put one at plant canopy (at top of plants) like right under your lights.
As for the Big Bud tub, maybe Advanced Nutrients? check it out and try to size up the tub with what they offer.
You have quite a bit of nutes there, sometimes you can over do it by adding to much of a bunch of stuff.. remember less is more.
Do your research on the stuff you have and when to use em. :writing:
I feel like I can take a deep breath and relax now! I have read a lot, and will only keep that up! Hung out with my lil ladies last night, promised them I would do my best and give them lotsa love! They look really good, I'm hoping they enjoy me feeling more relieved :) :) I'm gonna try to find a simple schedule for what I have! Now I might switch from sunshine to promix, for cost! I hope that won't change much, it'll be amended already by a friend :)

Cort

Cort

Youtube is also a good source of info. There are some really great and lots of above average growers who take you step by step what they do from design to harvest.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Spend lots of time near your plants during their day cycle. Your CO² will encourage their growth!

When do you plan to flip? Sorry if I missed it above?

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

Spend lots of time near your plants during their day cycle. Your CO² will encourage their growth!

When do you plan to flip? Sorry if I missed it above?
You haven't missed a thing :D! I'm not too sure, ill have 10 ladies to myself in a week! Space is no issue, neither is my need for equipment, I know someone who will let me borrow whatever I need! But I'm going blind reading about when I should do it/and topping, pruning, fimming, and such! :) I'm putting together my list of questions tonight, and doubling checking to make sure I can't find the answer I want already out there ;) haha! Again Ty a million for the advice so far, and what I know you'll help with in the future!! :)

Cort- Ty for the suggest. I'm checking some out now!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Good on the addy... yeah worm castings is good, and the lime, depending on how much soil your mixing and any other ingredients your adding. and also time frame from when mixing soil and using it. if you can prepare it ahead of time, and allow It to cook..(with moisture, darkness and warm fresh air) it will break down and condition for planting.
Look up:
TLO (true living organics).
organics.
compost
soil amendment's
or soil recipe
cannabis organic nutrients....if you put cannabis or marijuana if front of most queries, it will keep it based on buuud.
flowering???
how to make teas as a nutrient addy
insect frass
nutrients at local nurseries...sometimes you can find that out of the way bottle of kelp or seaweed..

There's so many things you can add to the soil, And you don't have to have them all, but any of them you can get easily and or cheap/free, you will get a good collection of nutes, and you find what does what, and you will add to the soil, by keeping your numbers of amount you mix, you can adjust...and create your own regiment.
Things like alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, greensand, kelp meal, seaweed meal, feather meal, fish fert, oyster shells,
cottonseed meal, Azomite, even rice, gypsum.....yada yada...

HappyYopo

HappyYopo

Good on the addy... yeah worm castings is good, and the lime, depending on how much soil your mixing and any other ingredients your adding. and also time frame from when mixing soil and using it. if you can prepare it ahead of time, and allow It to cook..(with moisture, darkness and warm fresh air) it will break down and condition for planting.
Look up:
TLO (true living organics).
organics.
compost
soil amendment's
or soil recipe
cannabis organic nutrients....if you put cannabis or marijuana if front of most queries, it will keep it based on buuud.
flowering???
how to make teas as a nutrient addy
insect frass
nutrients at local nurseries...sometimes you can find that out of the way bottle of kelp or seaweed..

There's so many things you can add to the soil, And you don't have to have them all, but any of them you can get easily and or cheap/free, you will get a good collection of nutes, and you find what does what, and you will add to the soil, by keeping your numbers of amount you mix, you can adjust...and create your own regiment.
Things like alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, greensand, kelp meal, seaweed meal, feather meal, fish fert, oyster shells,
cottonseed meal, Azomite, even rice, gypsum.....yada yada...
Ty Ty :D I have a long night if reading ahead.of me! I think I may be able to get a pic or two tomorrow, I'm gonna borrow a camera if I can. You guys rock out loud! :D one day I hope to contribute what I can! :D until then Ima sponge lol ;) Ty again!!

Top Bottom