I'm new to growing auto flowers

• Thread starter jester83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jester83

This is my first grow was thinking of using a dwc for a starter still getting everything I need and ready before I start

420autoflier

420autoflier

I personally wouldn't recommend deep water culture for your first grow. If that's what your set on study, study, study. Maintaining ph is crucial. I'll be looking forward to it. I run rockwool hugo blocks with general hydroponics nutrients drain to waste. Works great for me . Steer clear of organics in your dwc.

R

ReggieD

I'm trying to figure out the right nutrients for me to use and would a 18-6 light schedule be good
From my experience 18-6 it’s the most optimal setting. As for nutes depends what medium you growing in but if you have decent soil than you wouldn’t need any veg nutes, only cal mag in later stages and some flo nutes. As for the soil I use canna terra plus (which is a bit too hot but it works anyways) , and usually start seedlings in bio bizz light mix. I use cal mag when plants show deficiencies and flower nutes later when plants flowering, that’s pretty much all I do with mines.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
i have run autos on 24/0 and 18/6 i find 18/6 works the best for me , i use gaia green organic dry amendments all purpose and power bloom , but there so many different nutes out there
👍
This would probably be the easiest route honestly, to go gaia green. Good luck ✌

Yeah. I'm seriously considering trying an auto soon. All my tents are in flowering mode now, so I'm thinking about what I want to grow next. My wife says it's okay to get a third tent, too. So, aside from the two clones I started, I'll have some room for a few more plants.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm wondering if 20/4 would be a good light schedule for autos. Would any more than 18 hours be a waste of electricity?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
👍

Yeah. I'm seriously considering trying an auto soon. All my tents are in flowering mode now, so I'm thinking about what I want to grow next. My wife says it's okay to get a third tent, too. So, aside from the two clones I started, I'll have some room for a few more plants.
If you have the extra room why not, I would never grow only autos though. Once I get a house I'll have room, only 1 tent now 😔

420autoflier

420autoflier

I run autos at 20 - 4 with a dli of 50 in bloom. Works great for me. Check out the photone app. A lot of good info to be had there.can also use it to measure your ppfd, dli and a bunch of other shit. Shorter light periods require more intense light. Longer periods less intense.

Top Bottom