I'm new to growing auto flowers

• Thread starter jester83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redneckx

Redneckx

That's what was given to me
Nice strains and I love fast buds... started with autos as well...it resulted in different issues but at the end it I came out with something(140g) of dryed buds which were okay and a lot a xp during that run and thinking it's way easier to grow photoperiod...by I grow both autos and photos in one tent.
The autos are flowering and the photos are on hold, gonna switch lights when they're done.
If you want to start with autos, do it.
But make you research! Recommend low stress training for your first run.
Good luck, have fun and welcome to Farm!

F

fishmon

Check How Weed Grow at Home yt channel. He has handy cheat sheets for flora trio series nutes for autos and photos. Currently running some photos with his photo cheat sheet and so far everything is rocking. Also, Stealth Grows yt channel is a good start for running photos or autos with Dr Earth organic dry fertilizer. Currently running some photos following his recipe and one is crushing the other a little overfed. His recipes are a little heavier than dr earth schedule also, so maybe somewhere between his and dr earth schedule would be a good place to start. My personal preference would be to use a lightly amended potting mix like happy frog and follow a proven, simple nute recipe. I've been at it for several years and tend to shy away from the more heavily amended potting mixes mostly from the unknowns of when and how much to feed as the amendments become depleted. ProMix Hp sounds like good stuff too but haven't used. I may in the future if fox farms doesn't get it together with happy frog ph issues. Two bags in a row were way low ph. I now slurry test several weeks before using and lime it as needed before using.

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

you should of done some research before you even bout a seed lol
I'm on my 1st grow also and going off my brother's recs I layered Happy frog on top and Ocean Forest for the bottom his logic was the happy frog will be great for seedlings and veg and when the roots get bigger they will be into the ocean forest plants will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and haven't added nutes yet thinking I'm going to start in the next few feedings and I'll be using fox farm trio

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

I'm on my 1st grow also and going off my brother's recs I layered Happy frog on top and Ocean Forest for the bottom his logic was the happy frog will be great for seedlings and veg and when the roots get bigger they will be into the ocean forest plants will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and haven't added nutes yet thinking I'm going to start in the next few feedings and I'll be using fox farm trio

PXL 20240423 094903072
420autoflier

420autoflier

That is an odd looking seedling. Most likely a genetics issue..

420autoflier

420autoflier

Grow it and see what it becomes.. I've had some wierd looking seedlings that turned out to be pretty nice plants. wish i still had the pics..

420autoflier

420autoflier

Yeah, sounds good. Also there is no law or rule that i know of that dictates your light, dark schedule has to be even numbers. what would be wrong with 19, 5. nothing. I've done it. works fine.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yeah. I'm seriously considering trying an auto soon. All my tents are in flowering mode now, so I'm thinking about what I want to grow next. My wife says it's okay to get a third tent, too. So, aside from the two clones I started, I'll have some room for a few more plants.
If you have the extra room why not, I would never grow only autos though.
I don't plan only to run autos. I'm curious to see how they grow and smoke. I just bought a third tent. It's an AC Infinity 2x3. I have most of the parts for it, except an exhaust fan. I started some clones from my current crop. They're in my drying tent under a ViparSpectra XS1000. Space is tight, though, and they'll need more headroom soon. I should be able to get them in the new tent today.

Right now, I have a lot of seeds. So, I don't know when I'll get around to running autos. There are so many choices and so little time. <Sigh>

My two tents are both in flower mode and should finish by the end of May.

I'm wondering if 20/4 would be a good light schedule for autos. Would any more than 18 hours be a waste of electricity?
I run autos at 20 - 4 with a dli of 50 in bloom. Works great for me. Check out the photone app. A lot of good info to be had there.can also use it to measure your ppfd, dli and a bunch of other shit. Shorter light periods require more intense light. Longer periods less intense.
I do 20-4 then 16-8 when flowering, works for me
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll start with 20/4. Changing to 16/8 when flowering makes sense, too. I wouldn't have thought of it, though.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I don't plan only to run autos. I'm curious to see how they grow and smoke. I just bought a third tent. It's an AC Infinity 2x3. I have most of the parts for it, except an exhaust fan. I started some clones from my current crop. They're in my drying tent under a ViparSpectra XS1000. Space is tight, though, and they'll need more headroom soon. I should be able to get them in the new tent today.

Right now, I have a lot of seeds. So, I don't know when I'll get around to running autos. There are so many choices and so little time. <Sigh>

My two tents are both in flower mode and should finish by the end of May.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll start with 20/4. Changing to 16/8 when flowering makes sense, too. I wouldn't have thought of it, though.
Experimenting is fun, if you have the space have at it. My outdoor I like to mess around with because I have space out there. ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom