I'm stressing, my plants are stressing, and I need help.

• Thread starter Mlst6033
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mlst6033

Mlst6033

I just transplanted my babies that were looking great from solo cups to larger containers on June 19th and all of a sudden the leaves are showing burn on tips and edges. This is twice that this happened to me this year and I had to trash my previous grow. I have been growing for a few years and have never run into this problem before. Same set up as previous years, I am neurotic about humidity and temperature, light strength and height are fine (viparspectra v450 led), and always PH my water. If I had hair I would be pulling it out. I really don't want this to go too far and have to trash this grow as well. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Im stressing my plants are stressing and i need help
Im stressing my plants are stressing and i need help 2
Im stressing my plants are stressing and i need help 3
Im stressing my plants are stressing and i need help 4

MercDod

MercDod

Im sorry you have had no reply's and I'm fairly new myself but I think before anyone can help more information is needed. Look at sticky in cannabis infirmary at post "Read me first" and supply the information and you may get more input. Without that I dont have even a guess except maybe its in something to hot (medium).

Heywood

Heywood

I am neurotic about humidity and temperature, light strength and height are fine (viparspectra v450 led), and always PH my water.

As MercDod stated, go check this post I am showing below and provide the information requested.
And not to be snarky, but you saying that light strength, height, etc are fine... doesn't necessarily make it so.
Hoping to be helpful...

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

Im sorry you have had no reply's and I'm fairly new myself but I think before anyone can help more information is needed. Look at sticky in cannabis infirmary at post "Read me first" and supply the information and you may get more input. Without that I dont have even a guess except maybe its in something to hot (medium).
Thanks for the help!

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

Also, what medium and what ph?

As GNick stated, those look like they got way overwatered when they were transplanted. Stunted the shit outta them.

That light should be at like 50% and ~24” over those babies.
PH right at 6.3. I am seeing a lot of reply's re light stress and overwatering so thanks for your help. Even though the light does not put out a lot of heat I have raised it and hope that works.
Also, what medium and what ph?

As GNick stated, those look like they got way overwatered when they were transplanted. Stunted the shit outta them.

That light should be at like 50% and ~24” over those babies.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

PH right at 6.3. I am seeing a lot of reply's re light stress and overwatering so thanks for your help. Even though the light does not put out a lot of heat I have raised it and hope that works.
It's not just the heat off the light, it's the brightness itself. But the main thing you need to fix is overwatering.

Plant roots need both water and oxygen. The problem is that water and air compete for the same space in the soil — the pore space or the "empty space" between soil (or coco, or whatever medium) particles. When the soil is wet, there is very little oxygen in it.

Plants can take a lack of oxygen for a short time after you water, but then you have to back off. If the soil is always wet, the roots are always gasping for breath, and are not able to take in water or nutrients properly.

But if you like fungus gnats (and who doesn't?) water every day, twice a day.

I

IamN2pot

seems like improper watering techniques and light stress..
While that's certainly a possability, if you examine the soil carefully in the pics, it has several dry spots in the top layer. If it were mine, and I've certainly had issue's just like that before, I'd get those babies cooled down. Those symptoms are also a sure sign to me that my soil is way hot, especially for seedlings. If it were mine, I'd be flushing that soil. Since it was a very recent transplant, you could also repot them into ...say a Roots Organics Original, or a Fox Farms Happy Frog. Both of those are 'cooler' formulated soils.
Hope that helps,
N2

What soil is that planted in?

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
While that's certainly a possability, if you examine the soil carefully in the pics, it has several dry spots in the top layer. If it were mine, and I've certainly had issue's just like that before, I'd get those babies cooled down. Those symptoms are also a sure sign to me that my soil is way hot, especially for seedlings. If it were mine, I'd be flushing that soil. Since it was a very recent transplant, you could also repot them into ...say a Roots Organics Original, or a Fox Farms Happy Frog. Both of those are 'cooler' formulated soils.
Hope that helps,
N2

my comment and i should of explain to @Mlst6033 what i meant or asking, yes by the looks of the soil and the plant, it seems that he’s only watering around the stem kinda thing instead of watering the whole medium/pot and letting it pretty much dry out until watering completely again.. a look so can tell from it looking stunted and not branching out.. no root grow..

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

It's not just the heat off the light, it's the brightness itself. But the main thing you need to fix is overwatering.

Plant roots need both water and oxygen. The problem is that water and air compete for the same space in the soil — the pore space or the "empty space" between soil (or coco, or whatever medium) particles. When the soil is wet, there is very little oxygen in it.

Plants can take a lack of oxygen for a short time after you water, but then you have to back off. If the soil is always wet, the roots are always gasping for breath, and are not able to take in water or nutrients properly.

But if you like fungus gnats (and who doesn't?) water every day, twice a day.
Thanks for the info! Great tips...

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

Hope that helps,
N2

Your tip are very helpful. I have them growing in Foxfarm happy frog soil.

I

IamN2pot

Your tip are very helpful. I have them growing in Foxfarm happy frog soil.
Are you feeding them? FFHF shouldn't be to hot. If you arn't feeding them, then it's almost certainly a watering issue. I recently planted a clone (new mother) into a new bag of Roots Original and whew, was it hot. Dark green veins and yellowing leaves with burnt tips. Looked just like your's do, but that just goes to show that differant problems can have very similar symptoms.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I am also at this moment having reluctant seedlings in happy frog.
So I switched back to roots organic. And looks much more aged. Which I thought was a bad thing at first like it was spent... But this last hail mary round is catching up to the happy frog round for sure. hands down. Find the nearest real grow store and get yourself some real weed dirt. OR as I have mentioned before I seem to have had best luck with Fox Farms salamander soil if they carry it at your local place. I've had very nice dank from salamander soil. several different phenos turned out nicely. Any year ive done ocean forest or strawberry fields (an obvious mistake). Things turned out harsh.

So this aged stuff from roots organic that looks all dried out and light colored. I thought it was on the shelf too long... Turns out (and after reading a post or 2) thats kinda how it should be...
The fresh loamy black stuff from fox farm seems a little harsh.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Seems to me the lights are to close, but I can't see your set up, so I can only assume from the photos posted. Raise your lights/or dim them back, and water the medium completely with at least 4-5 days apart(or more)…but, that depends on the size of flower pot you put them in...lift your pots when they are dry to know when then they need to be watered/ feed

Latest posts

Top Bottom