im stupid and I need your help

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

I saw a thread somewhere here that took a section from a pill dispenser (the MTWRF things) and melted a slit in the sides to fit a stem--fill with medium and snap shut over a stem.

neverbreak

neverbreak

i had long planned on trying little cups of soil, but never got around to it. will definitely give rockwool a go if i ever need to airlayer.

neverbreak

ttystikk

ttystikk

I saw a thread somewhere here that took a section from a pill dispenser (the MTWRF things) and melted a slit in the sides to fit a stem--fill with medium and snap shut over a stem.

I think I saw the same thread- looked pretty simple. If you got green pill dispensers, would that be enough to keep the roots in the 'dark?'

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Airlayer5 11

And she loved the kelp bath. Look how pretty she looks :D
View attachment 216602
She drank that black kelp water up in minutes so I gave her more...soaks right in
UPDATE

10 days later

Purpleberryairlayer5 21

A1 Roots!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Woah wait. What the f is going on here? Lol never seen this tek before. Your rooting right on the plant to take clones? WOW!

Yeah... roots first, then cut the baby off. Just think- do this right and there is no slowing of growth, no need to dial back the nutes... and you could even do your first prune/top step BEFORE the cut is ever separated from mom!

Oh yeah, added bonus; for those concerned about plant counts, the po-po can't call it more than one plant until after it's been cut apart!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Woah wait. What the f is going on here? Lol never seen this tek before. Your rooting right on the plant to take clones? WOW!

Yeah It's pretty Damn Cool :)
And I guess Im not so Stupid after all:D

But I don't think I would ever bother doing it again....
This plant wasn't putting out any clone-able lower branches so I figured I would try it.
I Got lucky...and all the Good vibes here at the farm must have helped.;)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah It's pretty Damn Cool :)
And I guess Im not so Stupid after all:D

But I don't think I would ever bother doing it again....
This plant wasn't putting out any clone-able lower branches so I figured I would try it.
I Got lucky...and all the Good vibes here at the farm must have helped.;)

Hmmm... I must've missed the thread where someone called you stupid. Whoever he was, he was a real dumbass!

Why wouldn't you do this technique again? How long did it take to get to the point in the pic?

skuzz99

skuzz99

dang brutha that is pretty freakin cool! never thought to do that b4. did u rub cloning gel on the stem where u put the rockwool? totally impressed by the root growth on that thing 10 day after you chopped it!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hmmm... I must've missed the thread where someone called you stupid. Whoever he was, he was a real dumbass!
Why wouldn't you do this technique again? How long did it take to get to the point in the pic?

Yeah Ty. I am a Dumbass once and a while...;)
It was me...I felt stupid...so I said it..:(

I had to water it everyday........It took about 5 weeks.....In certain situations, airlayer Might be the way to go...

But the reg cloning method is just easier and faster

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
dang brutha that is pretty freakin cool! never thought to do that b4. did u rub cloning gel on the stem where u put the rockwool? totally impressed by the root growth on that thing 10 day after you chopped it!!

Yeah...I roughed the stem up a little and used clonex on it...

That 10 day root growth is From the "Roots Gone Wild" ! :D

jyip

jyip

Very nice, Ken! I've seen some videos on youtube- turns out this is a very common method of propagating 'maria juana' in the latin community; most of the videos I saw were narrated in spanish. Good thing I prefer picturebooks to the ones with words in them, lol.

They used rockwool, lil cups of potting soil (messy), rapid rooter plugs and something else I never did quite catch, due to the language barrier. The main difference between your approach and theirs was their use of aluminum foil to wrap the medium with. No clamps needed, and it keeps the roots in the dark.

You have officially inspired me to try this on my own girls.
me too, cool stuff man, simple shit wqorks best always!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

A film canister would be perfect for this as well, but the rockwool killed it. Great job Ken!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
A film canister would be perfect for this as well, but the rockwool killed it. Great job Ken!
...thanks Cap :)
...Yeah...The plastic film canister sounds like it would work really well.(maybe filled with rockwool?)
I had to add water to that rockwool everyday...but the new water everyday may have been helpful also...

I dont know...o_O

But. you know what?

I am going to grab some sissors right now...and go do a Graft...lol :D
(now I have to do it... cause I said I was gonna)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Here is the 1st graft attempt :)

Graft5 25

The bottom half of the airlayer plant was a good candate.
so We have Bubba kush grafted into Purple Berry BX ...Maybe...;)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here is the 1st graft attempt :)

View attachment 220276

The bottom half of the airlayer plant was a good candate.
so We have Bubba kush grafted into Purple Berry BX ...Maybe...;)

It's funny, I think you'll totally relate. Hanging out around here and learning a shit load has given me the confidence to experiment and try new things in the garden. Like grafting strains!

Nice job.

outwest

Top Bottom