Improvements needed I believe in my set up

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

If I got a ac unit for my veg room I could just keep it like aqua man suggested.. I just don’t wanna get another ac unit lol.. I dunno if routing a line from a smaller lung box in the flower room into my veg room would be ideal.. to many unknowns and I don’t wanna waste time or money if I don’t have to haha 😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just curious how many plants you got in there ? And how long veg?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m going to get a portable ac unit and build a lung room inside my flower room. Connect the ac unit to my temp controller inside my 5x10 tent.. Put my dehumidifier inside the box only with the air from portable ac.. I’ll keep my co2 tank inside the tent for now.(I have a autopilot and it has lights out detection) my flower room is dark other than inside the tents is why.. Shouldn’t matter if it’s in the lung box or not it’s a closed loop system anyway right? use flex ducting from the lung box to both tents for supply and return. 6 inch intake fans.. theory seems fine and it’s piratical.. it’s just gonna take a while to cool two tents this way but it should work 🧐 just turn off my wall unit and or move it to the flower room. Such a hassle

Panhead59

Panhead59

If you own the place, insulate and drywall it. Then wherever you sell, it'll be "Finished" space= more valuable.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

If you own the place, insulate and drywall it. Then wherever you sell, it'll be "Finished" space= more valuable.
It would be down the road the smaller lung room is my best option as of right now I have a grow going on right now so I won’t be able to complete the room and I have another week on my clones going into my other tent so I definitely won’t be able to finish it anytime soon that way.. but you are correct (long term) that’s what’s best… I got 200 gallons worth of RO water in my tents I can’t just move them around lol 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m going to get a portable ac unit and build a lung room inside my flower room. Connect the ac unit to my temp controller inside my 5x10 tent.. Put my dehumidifier inside the box only with the air from portable ac.. I’ll keep my co2 tank inside the tent for now.(I have a autopilot and it has lights out detection) my flower room is dark other than inside the tents is why.. Shouldn’t matter if it’s in the lung box or not it’s a closed loop system anyway right? use flex ducting from the lung box to both tents for supply and return. 6 inch intake fans.. theory seems fine and it’s piratical.. it’s just gonna take a while to cool two tents this way but it should work 🧐 just turn off my wall unit and or move it to the flower room. Such a hassle
Hey man fast tip where you don't wanna screw yourself. If using portable AC you ABSOLUTELY NEED a DUAL hose AC.

The reason being a single hose will pull air from the tent and part of it will go over the cold side coils back into the tent and the other will go over the hot side and out the hose which will be out of the tent. This will create air exchange and really hurt your co2 efficiency.

The dual hose will pull air in from one hose over the hot side coil then back out through the other hose. The tent air will be drawn in over the cold side and the back into the tent.

long story short.... dual hose no air exchange. Single hose will exchange air and create negative pressure.

If running off a controller then make sure it's got an auto restart function and a drain line is always a plus.

Last edited:
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Hey man fast tip where you don't wanna screw yourself. If using portable AC you ABSOLUTELY NEED a DUAL hose AC.

The reason being a single hose will pull air from the tent and part of it will go over the cold side coils back into the tent and the other will go over the hot side and out the hose which will be out of the tent. This will create air exchange and really hurt your co2 efficiency.

The dual hose will pull air in from one hose over the hot side coil then back out through the other hose. The tent air will be drawn in over the cold side and the back into the tent.

long story short.... dual hose no air exchange. Single hose will exchange air and create negative pressure.

If running off a controller then make sure it's got an auto restart function and a drain line is always a plus.
Thanks for your input buddy.. I’m being real indecisive. I don’t feel like dropping 5-800 on a portable unit when I got a 18k ac/ 10k heater right on my freaking wall 😣.. I’m going to move my in wall unit about 3 ft to the right and 2 ft lower and build a box around it.. and just get a 8 gauge extension dryer cord to run back to my outlet.. I see one on Amazon for under 60 bucks.. have a supply and return going into my 5x10 with two 6 inch intake fans 29 per fan.. and a additional two 6 inch fans to pull conditioned air out of from the bottom smaller tent into my 10x10 and exhaust out the top of the 10x10 back into the 5x10… that’s all I have to buy I have 1x2s laying around and 1/2 dry wall laying around that I can build the box out of.. wish me luck lol. Il just buy a cheap ac unit for my veg room off fb or something.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Finally got off my ass and mad my box 📦
Just gotta cut two holes in my dry wall for return and supply lines.. used that gap and crack sealer on all the seams to limit any leakage.. gonna test this baby out when lights on.. co2 and dehui still in tent gonna keep them there for now see if I actually need to put them both in the box…

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Don’t mind the mess but she’s done co2 is holding good so i guess I don’t have leaks atleast not any major leaks. My ink bird says it’s 82 in the tent. Steady dropping humidity set at 50

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don’t mind the mess but she’s done co2 is holding good so i guess I don’t have leaks atleast not any major leaks. My ink bird says it’s 82 in the tent. Steady dropping humidity set at 50
Redneck ingenuity at its finest bro. Worlds smallest lung room ftw.

Good shit 👍

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m worried about mold developing in the box that’s some major sweat action going on in my supply line.. any thoughts? Anyone?

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Could use the insulated lines. That should stop the condensation. Wrap the box as well. With that much of a temperature difference on the surfaces it's just like a glass of ice water on a hot day.

stltoed

stltoed

What is your target temp?
CO2 works best in warm to hot environments, along with high humidity, very bright lights and plenty of nutrients. The downside to growing in higher temps is it can affect the terpenes. Some terps are more fragile than others.... If you're looking for 72F in there, you might as well leave the gas out of the equation. With LEDs you want a warmer environment anyway. It helps the metabolism of the plant.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

What is your target temp?
CO2 works best in warm to hot environments, along with high humidity, very bright lights and plenty of nutrients. The downside to growing in higher temps is it can affect the terpenes. Some terps are more fragile than others.... If you're looking for 72F in there, you might as well leave the gas out of the equation. With LEDs you want a warmer environment anyway. It helps the metabolism of the plant.
Without this it gets up close to 100 degrees inside my tents and my lights not even at 100% yet sheesh..This is why I went out my way to build this.. I have very powerful leds.. in this tent running luxx 645s. It’s my first run with them. They came highly recommended from ppl in my neck of the woods .. I also run gavita 1700s.. I’m just now starting to use co2.. I didn’t have heat issues this drastic before the implementation.. I’m between 81 and 85 with lights on… lights off I drop down to my normal range of mid 70s… to answer your question though mid 80s is my ideal target. If I can keep it between 80-85 in there I’m happy… my humidity is a Fluctuating roller coaster.. my grow style would be the culprit. Lots of water moving around about 100 gallons.. ebb and flow no grow media. Suspended in my trays inside netcups with neoprene inserts.. also my first go growing this way.. Exponential growth so far.. my humidity fluctuates majorly when my pumps come on. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m getting 5 gallons a day out my dehui..

stltoed

stltoed

Yeah 100 is a bit much haha. Sounds like you have all the pieces... you should be sorted when you can control of the temps. Nice.

I live in Southern California in a shed. I've always had temperature issues. I grow in RDWC which doesn't help. I feel your pain on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom