thc: 25.15 %
cbd: 0.4 %
cbn: 0.11 %
moisture: 5.70 %

Last edited:
dogznova

dogznova

@VERMONTSKUNKS hope this helps.

Drying and curing cannabis properly will yield the most THC-potent smoke. When dried and cured improperly, potency can diminish substantially. The level of THC in a plant is determined by its genetics. Proper drying and curing will keep the THC level as high as genetically possible. It does not increase potency.

• A little background on what happens inside and outside the harvested drying plant will help you understand why proper drying and curing are so important to good quality dope. Drying evaporates most of the 70-75 percent water content in fresh marijuana. Drying also converts THC from its non-psychoactive crude acidic form to its psychoactive pH-neutral form. Once dry, THC-potent marijuana can be smoked and you will get high. Every THC molecule must shed their moisture content before they are fully psychoactive.

• In other words fresh green marijuana will not be very potent.
  • When you cut a plant or plant part and hang it to dry, the transport of fluids within the plant continues, but at a slower rate. Stomata, small openings on leaf undersides, close soon after harvest and drying is slowed since little water vapor escapes. The natural plant processes slowly come to an end as the plant dries. The outer cells are the first to dry, but fluid still moves from internal cells to supply moisture to the dry outer cells. When this process occurs properly, the plant dries evenly throughout. Removing leaves and large stems upon harvest speeds drying, however, moisture content within the “dried” buds, leaves and stems is most often uneven.

• Quick drying also traps chlorophylls and other pigments, starch and nitrates within plant tissue, making it taste “green” burn unevenly and taste bad.
  • Taste and aroma improve when these pigments break down.
  • Slow even drying – where the humidity is similar inside and outside the foliage – allows enough time for the pigments to degrade. Hanging entire plants to dry allows this process to occur over time, about 3-4 weeks at 50-60 percent relative humidity and a temperature range of 60-70 degrees F. (15-21 degrees C.) The large outer leaves also form a protective sheath around buds. This protective foliage shields resin glands on buds from rupture and bruising. Removing large leaves and stems upon harvest saves time. This is what most growers do, because fresh supple leaves are easier to work with than dry leaves. When you are looking a manicuring 5 kilos, you make it as easy as possible! However, this process often causes uneven drying and keeps moisture inside the foliage.

• This is why it is important to “cure” the “dry” marijuana.Curing lets the plants continue to dry slowly. The first week of curing affects potency in that it removes moisture within the bud evenly, so that virtually all the THC is psychoactive. Curing also allows buds to dry enough so that mold does not grow when it is stored. A well-cured bud will also burn with an even glow.Note: Rough handling and friction from fondling hands will bruise and knock off resin glands. Even with proper drying and curing, brutal handling of harvested marijuana will diminish THC content.

M

mrtokez2

Pretty sure us regular folk won't be hitting those numbers any time soon. I doubt those specimens were found in only one or two packs of beans. Nice to know the potential is there though.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Pretty sure us regular folk won't be hitting those numbers any time soon. I doubt those specimens were found in only one or two packs of beans. Nice to know the potential is there though.

Same batch of seeds so alot more of the reg folks than you think will actually see those #s! My pal has a 30% thc Ghost Train Haze #1 that took 2nd place in the HT MI Cup this year and he found that outta two beans popped the other was a male. I think when growing genetics that have been breed using proper selections it's quite possible for that to be the norm....... hope one of my gals test that high!

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms

Actually @mrtokez2. I can pretty confidently guarantee you. You will find something special in every pack of our gear. Time is an asterisk. Fwiw every cut submitted in the comp will be getting tested too. These are just some preliminary tests.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Same batch of seeds so alot more of the reg folks than you think will actually see those #s! My pal has a 30% thc Ghost Train Haze #1 that took 2nd place in the HT MI Cup this year and he found that outta two beans popped the other was a male. I think when growing genetics that have been breed using proper selections it's quite possible for that to be the norm....... hope one of my gals test that high!
Youre right on Sym. 30% is pretty standard anymore. And honestly % doesn't mean too much. Bubbas always test low (teens) and some people swear by them and their couchlock qualities. All about terpene profiles combining with the cannabinoids.

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
Franky
DSCN2891
White Yeti aka Abominable Snowman

Top Bottom