In need of general advice...

• Thread starter Crustified
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crustified

Crustified

@growsince79 I first ran a smidgen in a gallon, when that gallon was finished I ran a dash in a gallon and nuked it. I was trying to start small and ease my way up to 1/4 tsp, but it was a complete mess.

Their feeding chart can't be right, 5 ml (about 1 tsp) of FP @ 1 week of veg?

Could it be the strain? I've read that some strains feed more or less then others...

Didn't the owner of dyna-gro say that their bloom formula wasn't needed?

@MIMedGrower wanna chime in... :P

growsince79

growsince79

@growsince79 I first ran a smidgen in a gallon, when that gallon was finished I ran a dash in a gallon and nuked it. I was trying to start small and ease my way up to 1/4 tsp, but it was a complete mess.

Their feeding chart can't be right, 5 ml (about 1 tsp) of FP @ 1 week of veg?

Could it be the strain? I've read that some strains feed more or less then others...

Didn't the owner of dyna-gro say that their bloom formula wasn't needed?

@MIMedGrower wanna chime in... :P
In promix, I start seedlings at 1/2tsp/gal and work my way up to 2tsp bloom.

Crustified

Crustified

@growsince79 1/2 tsp of fp @ week 1 (?) to 2 tsp of fp while flowering and tapper off or keep 2 tsp until the end?

Still, seem like a lot for a seedling, you don't get any kind of burn? :P

Water, feed cycle? Or water, water, feed?

Do you feed and water till run-off?

I'm using old sunny d jugs that I cleaned out, hope this isn't apart of my issue...

growsince79

growsince79

@growsince79 1/2 tsp of fp @ week 1 (?) to 2 tsp of fp while flowering and tapper off or keep 2 tsp until the end?

Still, seem like a lot for a seedling, you don't get any kind of burn? :P

Water, feed cycle? Or water, water, feed?

Do you feed and water till run-off?

I'm using old sunny d jugs that I cleaned out, hope this isn't apart of my issue...
Just depends on the plants and what they need. @ 2 weeks they can usually handle 1tsp.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Get them off the floor. Put a full inch of air between the pot and anything below it.
Your feed cycle is off. Look at the plant. You can see how it was fed in waves. Look at where the colors are.

Crustified

Crustified

@Aqua Man tenos? I'm using dyna-gro fp and protect. I diluted it so much that I'm not sure where I'm at, I could remix if necessary. I water and feed to run-off and I get quite a bit of run off...

@ComfortablyNumb the pots are an inch and a half off the ground, I'm gonna get a sheet of that stuff I posted above, I can feel that the floor is cold to the touch. It didn't do that when I first set it up, because it was warmer out.

I freaked out when I started noticing that a little under an inch of the leaves were fried, from the tip up... How can I get it back on track with out baking the plant?

Thanks you all so much for helping, should I switch em back to veg? Tonight is only the 3rd night...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@Aqua Man tenos? I'm using dyna-gro fp and protect. I diluted it so much that I'm not sure where I'm at, I could remix if necessary. I water and feed to run-off and I get quite a bit of run off...

@ComfortablyNumb the pots are an inch and a half off the ground, I'm gonna get a sheet of that stuff I posted above, I can feel that the floor is cold to the touch. It didn't do that when I first set it up, because it was warmer out.

I freaked out when I started noticing that a little under an inch of the leaves were fried, from the tip up... How can I get it back on track with out baking the plant?

Thanks you all so much for helping, should I switch em back to veg? Tonight is only the 3rd night...
@Aqua Man meant Temps. We have a disease here called typos from hell. Many of us suffer from it.

Crustified

Crustified

@ComfortablyNumb lol, I suffer from it to, ty for clearing that up. :0)

Myroom temp is 70 degrees atm...

@Aqua Man I have 4 gallons set aside, should I flush?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@ComfortablyNumb lol, I suffer from it to, ty for clearing that up. :0)

Myroom temp is 70 degrees atm...

@Aqua Man I have 4 gallons set aside, should I flush?
Check the runoff ppm and ph first.... moreso the ph.

Crustified

Crustified

I think I know what's going on...

The floor is cold (no insulation), I sit the food & water jugs on the floor (cold water) and even though the pots are off the floor (a little under 1 1/2") the medium is not warm enough. So, the cold roots don't uptake the nutes like they should and they stay in the medium, which leads to my tip burn. The burn is not as bad as it once was...

So, I'm thinking I'm going to just water and I'm going to make sure the water is room temp. I'm going to insulate the floor under the tent and see how this goes.

I really don't think I have a pH issue, from what I've read FP and protect mixed properly evens out and I don't think the water is bad here. I also don't think my ppm is high, enough to get tip burn, yes, but it was really bad and I managed to make it some what better.

I'm really trying to avoid buying a cheap meter that will either break or I won't be able to trust the results...

Its still growing, that I can tell...

I did cut some leaves off to clear access to the soil top, again, the chocolate is really bushy... :P

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

I have a small clip fan blowing on the plants and a little bigger fan hung up over the light, blowing over the power supply and heat sink.

The seeds are from Useful Seeds...

I think I should have gone with the gro instead of the fp...

Thanks for the reply @Ponky
I use grow and ProteKt until flower then Dyna-Gro Bloom w/ grow for a while, you need a "medicine measuring cup" 10 ml. size to measure 5 ml. per gallon of both with about the same amount of Cal/Magic. Measure to be sure you don't waste or "Over-feed".SS

Crustified

Crustified

The insulation board did the trick and I haven't seen any moisture on the tent floor and the tent floor is warm now.

I also sit the water jugs around the heater to keep them Luke warm, the leaves don't droop like they used to after watering. :0)

Does anyone know if this stuff has any added slow release nutrients? I called pro-mix and asked, but she just read their web site. I don't see any fert balls in the soil.

I got a pH soil test, but I think it's a crappy test, but I'll try that tomorrow.

Since my last post I've only watered and its flowering, leaves are not dropping yet. I'll post pictures tomorrow, but I think they look good, besides the tip burn... :0(

Crustified

Crustified

Pics of plants: 2 day of watering till run off , we had to water again.

Soil test was junk, any suggestions?

20211208 084036
20211208 084025
20211208 083714
20211208 083708
20211208 083704
20211208 083658
20211208 083652
20211208 083646
20211208 083641
20211208 083636
jimmyy420

jimmyy420

You're very fortunate to be able to grow with your Mom.
Yes, I agree... I'm staying with my mom for now and I've been trying forever to grow even just a couple and she's not having it..oh well, I will just have to wait until I have my own place again or somewhere else that I can do it...
JimmyY420...💨💨🔥🔥

Top Bottom