In Need Of Growing Advice

• Thread starter BigPapi69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Shit we'll I think these
Not too experienced in soil but in coco it takes like a week for there the be observable recovery
tips been there a good 2 weeks :/// I cut the tips off the leaves so it don't move up the leaves if that does any better ???

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Not too experienced in soil but in coco it takes like a week for there the be observable recovery
Also I've just noticed my bottom leaves are going or yellow and dieing ? Why are they doing this ? I think there working there way up the plant

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Was your nutes you gave salt based or organic? I think with all you have fed there is too much in the soil. Salt based nutes burn the roots a lot quicker than organic along with the salt build up you get with them. Pic plz of whole plant if u can.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Was your nutes you gave salt based or organic? I think with all you have fed there is too much in the soil. Salt based nutes burn the roots a lot quicker than organic along with the salt build up you get with them. Pic plz of whole plant if u can.
It's only the first 2 fan leaves at the bottom but some people say nitrogen deficiency works from the bottom upwards

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Another pic

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yes it does. But if it's moving up the middle of the plant it could be something else. IMHO I think you need to flush or repot. That soil must be soaked in nutes. She doesn't look happy at all. Her colour overall isn't too bad. I don't often think about flushing in soil unless there's no other option. Re potting makes more sense in the long run if you have the soil. That way you can have a good look at her roots. Check them for RA or any rot.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Another pic
Yes it does. But if it's moving up the middle of the plant it could be something else. IMHO I think you need to flush or repot. That soil must be soaked in nutes. She doesn't look happy at all. Her colour overall isn't too bad. I don't often think about flushing in soil unless there's no other option. Re potting makes more sense in the long run if you have the soil. That way you can have a good look at her roots. Check them for RA or any rot.
These are autos and a lot of people has said NEVER repot autos??? Because of massive stress ???

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Yes your right. I thought it was a photo. Flush is your option then.
If I flush can I still use canna boost for the buds as canna boost is just a bud stimulator or should I go straight for water???? And how long do I flush with water,I also got no ph pen tester

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

If I flush can I still use canna boost for the buds as canna boost is just a bud stimulator or should I go straight for water???? And how long do I flush with water,I also got no ph pen tester

No just use plain ph water. Lots of it. I put a bit on to wet it. Leave it 10 mins. Do it again. Leave for 10 mins then just flush the rest thru slowly. Don't pour too fast or you might get water channels. Put at least 4 times her pot volume in water thru. She will look sad and droopy. But make sure she drains well after her flush. If you can't get a digital ph pen then get the drop test from the fish store for aquarium ph. Better than nothing. It does really need to be ph'd as your putting so much water thru her if it's not the right ph the ph in your root ball will change and you don't want a lock out. After her flush feed a lil at 1/4 strength only. Let her dry out properly after that before you water again.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Just.
No just use plain ph water. Lots of it. I put a bit on to wet it. Leave it 10 mins. Do it again. Leave for 10 mins then just flush the rest thru slowly. Don't pour too fast or you might get water channels. Put at least 4 times her pot volume in water thru. She will look sad and droopy. But make sure she drains well after her flush. If you can't get a digital ph pen then get the drop test from the fish store for aquarium ph. Better than nothing. It does really need to be ph'd as your putting so much water thru her if it's not the right ph the ph in your root ball will change and you don't want a lock out. After her flush feed a lil at 1/4 strength only. Let her dry out properly after that before you water again.
Just To let you know,I use rain water that I have collected ,I've never used tap water if it's any change? Because rain waters more natural,also so u want me to flood the plant untill all the water starts running out the drain holes ?? Thanks mate

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Just.

Just To let you know,I use rain water that I have collected ,I've never used tap water if it's any change? Because rain waters more natural,also so u want me to flood the plant untill all the water starts running out the drain holes ?? Thanks mate

Yes that's exactly it. I put mine over a big bin so I can test the water plus it's less messy and the water can really run thru if you know what I mean. Can you give us an update? It would be nice to see her looking better.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Cheers kbellfoy I will do it tommorow,also I know in the morning t plants are going to be looking well as they do every morning before I feed then they go down hill :/ but cheers and I will do it tomorow an post updates ;D
Yes that's exactly it. I put mine over a big bin so I can test the water plus it's less messy and the water can really run thru if you know what I mean. Can you give us an update? It would be nice to see her looking better.
may

Dabominable

Dabominable

What sort of ventilation you got in there? I see overwatering, and possibly heat stress..I go by the rule of them of 2 feeds to 1 water. I am mostly coco+perlite mix (trying this new german soil from a new shop at my not-at-home spot). I start with 1/4 nutes and work my way up to full strength, unless the plants tell me other wise. Another option instead of completely transplanting that auto, could be to cut the bottom out, and place it in a bigger container. Think you could leave your rootball undisturbed doing that for the most part..hope everything works out

B

BigPapi69

How often are you feeding? Plants naturally do look droopy while they're drinking and while they're sleeping. But if you feed regularly and don't let the soil get too dry or too wet they shouldn't droop that much.

4x4 min, 600w hps min. I would stick 4,9 or 16 plants in 5 gal pots. 9 would be my personal choice. 2/3 happy frog, ocean Forrest or black gold soil, 1/3 perlite. Just water for the first 3-4 weeks. If you're buying seeds I would recommend ograskal white crosses. Dank and easy to grow.
So does the soil combination just depend on what strain I get?? I'm deciding on AK-47 I think because it seems to be matching up when I filter my search to tailor my needs because it's indoors. If I were to do 2 strains, would the two have to match up with eachother in their growing stages..?

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

What sort of ventilation you got in there? I see overwatering, and possibly heat stress..I go by the rule of them of 2 feeds to 1 water. I am mostly coco+perlite mix (trying this new german soil from a new shop at my not-at-home spot). I start with 1/4 nutes and work my way up to full strength, unless the plants tell me other wise. Another option instead of completely transplanting that auto, could be to cut the bottom out, and place it in a bigger container. Think you could leave your rootball undisturbed doing that for the most part..hope everything works out
There not always drooping,when they dry out a but the shoot straight back up to healthy leaves , accept the bottom first set that has gone yellow on all plants but could that be nitrogen working up the plant??? ,I will be flushing them right out today to see if that does the job !!? DO I flush for 1 day or a couple of days???

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

So does the soil combination just depend on what strain I get?? I'm deciding on AK-47 I think because it seems to be matching up when I filter my search to tailor my needs because it's indoors. If I were to do 2 strains, would the two have to match up with eachother in their growing stages..?
That soil mix will work with almost any non landrace strains. Ak47 is an easy plant to grow, not my personal favorite to smoke but a good one to star with. And the flowering times don't need to match but the heights should match so the taller strain doesn't block the light from the shorter strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom