Wanted In search of Volcano Vaporizer!!!

• Thread starter Fairytalez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Yes, I considered the Plenty but I honestly think Storz & Bickel are generally twice the cost of value.
They are high, but the value is definitely there. Straight solid build, very very impressed. I like how it's all electro-mechanical and no micro chips, will last a lifetime. Zero moving parts

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yes, I considered the Plenty but I honestly think Storz & Bickel are generally twice the cost of value.
I have the mighty+ from storz and bickel. I will NEVER buy a dry herb vape from anyone else. 400 dollars, but it was 100% money well spent. It tastes great to the last hit, never burns/combusts, ive never had that "burnt popcorn" taste with it either. Imo, the performance outweighs the cost anyday.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I've never had any burnt popcorn taste with the Solo II either, I really HATE weed paraphernalia price gorging, no glass bong is worth 100's of bucks & no desktop vaporizer (that is still mostly made of plastic) is worth 600 bucks because it is German, the profit margin is sick, let rich people flush their money if they wish, I'm not one.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I've never had any burnt popcorn taste with the Solo II either, I really HATE weed paraphernalia price gorging, no glass bong is worth 100's of bucks & no desktop vaporizer (that is still mostly made of plastic) is worth 600 bucks because it is German, the profit margin is sick, let rich people flush their money if they wish, I'm not one.
The build quality of my plenty reminds me of my dad's power tools when I was a kid. Rugged, made to last. I didn't get it cause it was German, I got mine cause it is made to last. There are no buttons to break, no circuit boards to fry, no lcd display to go bad, no fan to never had the fan's ball bearings go bad.

I'm definitely a cheap guy, but I only wanted to buy one vape and I'm glad I made a good choice. Even the sales rep tried to talk me into one of those plastic Arizer instead of the Nickel. So glad I didn't listen to her. She thought the more buttons and options on the cheap one made it a better buy. I know better, for something I will be using daily I know that every button/option is just something else to get wear and tear and eventually break.

I only wish I would have started out with quality grow lights as well instead of learning the hard way

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

The build quality of my plenty reminds me of my dad's power tools when I was a kid. Rugged, made to last. I didn't get it cause it was German, I got mine cause it is made to last. There are no buttons to break, no circuit boards to fry, no lcd display to go bad, no fan to never had the fan's ball bearings go bad.

I'm definitely a cheap guy, but I only wanted to buy one vape and I'm glad I made a good choice. Even the sales rep tried to talk me into one of those plastic Arizer instead of the Nickel. So glad I didn't listen to her. She thought the more buttons and options on the cheap one made it a better buy. I know better, for something I will be using daily I know that every button/option is just something else to get wear and tear and eventually break.

I only wish I would have started out with quality grow lights as well instead of learning the hard way
Just so you know, Storz and Bickel actually backs their warranty. My display burned up after a year and i sent it in, they sent me a whole new unit free of charge.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just so you know, Storz and Bickel actually backs their warranty. My display burned up after a year and i sent it in, they sent me a whole new unit free of charge.
Yeah I registered the product just in case. Thank you. If I get a portable vape, definitely getting the mighty. But when I'm out I'm more of a joint guy. But I like the idea of making my own rosin to smoke in a portable in the future, just don't like bringing loose flower around.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I got mine for almost 100 off. Making it around 200. I think it is worth that and more now that I have used it.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Arizer XQ2

I love the design of the Arizer XQ2, actually more than the Volcano really, both have medical-grade silicone whips which taste like shit at least hitting it empty but on the plus side are REALLY cool, no heat at all after the first half foot, support said it tastes better with use & do a number of dry burn offs, I've done a few, seems a bit better, I have 15 days to return to Planet Of The Vapes if it really tastes like shit when actually packed, but I've heard good reports.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah, they have em for $183 at Planet Of The Vapes, not super crazy about the design, reminds be of 70's PowerHitters. 😅
Oh lol I love the design, and all the reviews about the plenty hitting better than the volcano and the mighty. I got mine from that site as well. The design is good for me cause you don't have a base. I can just hold it wherever, on the couch, the floor, without worrying about knocking something over or having a place to set a base.

Different needs, for me it's more of a steam punk design, I love the mechanical temperature gauge 😆

josefrahl

josefrahl

Don't think there is any price gouging. It's a niche item for a small % of the population(which is growing). Basic supply and demand. Low demand on a population level, but high demand in small group. Supply and competition high from other brands. You still have to pay rent, pay workers, and all other expenses even if you're not selling a ton of product so the price has to be high enough to make it worth it.

I had a friend who made blown glass. Dildos, bongs, and religious statues(lol). The statues were the hardest to make, but were sold cheaper than the bongs because he could reliably sell them. The bongs sold 1 a month, and he eventually only made custom pieces at really high prices because it wasn't worth the time otherwise.

Glassdub

Glassdub

For what its worth from Arizer Support:

"Yes, all new appliances/products have the new product/appliance smell and need to burn off any residuals from the packaging etc.
Rest assured no off gassing or fumes will occur with the normal use of any of our products; All structure materials used inside are safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to much higher temperatures then the heater can reach and manufactured to ISO Quality Standards, plus CE, FCC, and RoHS certified. We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, the pcb's are lead free, all accessories (hose/tubing, bags/balloons) are all medical/food grade & temperature rated.
We perform comprehensive testing on all of our products and components to ensure they are completely safe for use by us, our friends, family, and consumers alike. After some use with your herbal material the new smell will fade away and there is nothing to be concerned about with your XQ2 unit.
Just make sure to rinse the hose/tubing thoroughly with hot water so that it doesn't absorb the taste of anything you used to clean it."
I also found this kinda helpful, going from the Solo II I'm not used to the huge bowl so him packing tips are helpful.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Oh lol I love the design, and all the reviews about the plenty hitting better than the volcano and the mighty. I got mine from that site as well. The design is good for me cause you don't have a base. I can just hold it wherever, on the couch, the floor, without worrying about knocking something over or having a place to set a base.

Different needs, for me it's more of a steam punk design, I love the mechanical temperature gauge 😆
Bro. Should I get the damn thing? Got the mighty and crafty but want something to break me in half while I’m at home gambling on NFL 😂😂. Haven’t seen many peeps plug the plenty! Is the quality substantially better than the mighty? The mighty smokes like a cigar which I need bc I like the smoke density but the firefly tastes better.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Bro. Should I get the damn thing? Got the mighty and crafty but want something to break me in half while I’m at home gambling on NFL 😂😂. Haven’t seen many peeps plug the plenty! Is the quality substantially better than the mighty? The mighty smokes like a cigar which I need bc I like the smoke density but the firefly tastes better.
I've only used this, but I read reviews from so many different sites that seemed legit enough to sell me. For one person at home, this is the best. Every thing about it is rugged from the power cord to the whip. I love how solid it feels and how easy it is to get massive hits that are predictable because it's free flow and not fan powered. If they still have it on sale at planet of vapes I would get it. It has a wheel for the heat setting, imo 4.5 -5.0 is great. No heat on my throat and massive cool, dense hits. If I really want to get going, I guess you could say I puff on it like a cigar and then a massive hit will come out👍

ninjadip

ninjadip

I should have just said, if you were my friend and had 200 for an at home vape budget, I would beg you to get this lol that's how much I like it, no shit lol

ninjadip

ninjadip

Don't think there is any price gouging. It's a niche item for a small % of the population(which is growing). Basic supply and demand. Low demand on a population level, but high demand in small group. Supply and competition high from other brands. You still have to pay rent, pay workers, and all other expenses even if you're not selling a ton of product so the price has to be high enough to make it worth it.

I had a friend who made blown glass. Dildos, bongs, and religious statues(lol). The statues were the hardest to make, but were sold cheaper than the bongs because he could reliably sell them. The bongs sold 1 a month, and he eventually only made custom pieces at really high prices because it wasn't worth the time otherwise.
That's what I was thinking earlier but didn't want to point it out. Yeah, it's def a niche market. My friends didn't know there were dry herb vapes. And then a high quality product is even more niche. Supply and demand. I'm just glad that they have enough profit to keep making stuff. The volcano is the standard that all desktop vapes are judged by, that should tell you something.

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Johnlandy420 I thought your name was from trailer park boys, Mr. Lahey, for some reason I thought was mr. Landy idk why? 😂

Sorry, but every time I see your name I think of trailer park boys, even though that's not what your name is

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
@Johnlandy420 I thought your name was from trailer park boys, Mr. Lahey, for some reason I thought was mr. Landy idk why? 😂

Sorry, but every time I see your name I think of trailer park boys, even though that's not what your name is
Lol it’s all good. I’m actually an avid runner and John Landy was one of the first guys to break 4 mins in mile. Coincidentally my best time was 4:20.

Top Bottom