Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

Awesome knowledge brother! I wasn't clear on the proper use at all. I found another thing that I believe to be my main issue. Since flip I have been somewhat rushed in how much lights on time I have to feed. This has caused me to be mixing, ph'ing, and feeding rather fast. What I see though is that after all of that and waiting a few min the pH goes up quite a bit and then levels off. So basically I've been feeding in a higher pH than I thought. Now I make sure I mix on and off for 20 min to give everything time to mix properly.
I'll tell you that I'm always hustling on feeding mornings before me and my wife go to work. With my perpetual grow I sometimes have to mix up to four different dosages based on stage and always feeding them all at once. I do all of my feeding in the bathtub so they can properly drain to waste. So with moving all of the plants back and forth, plus mixing, feeding and drain time it generally takes me at least 90 minutes. I also have another question. How often and what is your dosage using epsons?

incogneato

incogneato

I'll tell you that I'm always hustling on feeding mornings before me and my wife go to work. With my perpetual grow I sometimes have to mix up to four different dosages based on stage and always feeding them all at once. I do all of my feeding in the bathtub so they can properly drain to waste. So with moving all of the plants back and forth, plus mixing, feeding and drain time it generally takes me at least 90 minutes. I also have another question. How often and what is your dosage using epsons?
I do Epsom almost every other feed at 1 tsp per gal if I see light purpling on the fan leaf stems. Every now and again I stop or go half teaspoon every other until they "ask"for it again. This last foliar was bloom kaos and epsom, but as I said, no more foliars.

incogneato

incogneato

Start of week 3
20170225 005130
20170225 004703
Cannalope haze
20170225 004652
R.K.S

justiceman

justiceman

Sick man! Ah it feels just like yesterday that we were complaining about still being in veg. That's what I'm talking about.:cool: I've always been interested in Cannalope Haze. Can't wait to see how she turns out. I haven't really touched much into the haze world. Maybe next time I get some seeds.;)

Awesome knowledge brother! I wasn't clear on the proper use at all. I found another thing that I believe to be my main issue. Since flip I have been somewhat rushed in how much lights on time I have to feed. This has caused me to be mixing, ph'ing, and feeding rather fast. What I see though is that after all of that and waiting a few min the pH goes up quite a bit and then levels off. So basically I've been feeding in a higher pH than I thought. Now I make sure I mix on and off for 20 min to give everything time to mix properly.

I like that. Gotta give em time to mingle maaaaaan. I do pretty much the same thing.

Ramen Master's daily watering routine:
  1. Top off rez with fresh water(if not skip to number 4)
  2. Add in nutrient.
  3. Smoke flowers and wait 15-30 minutes for nutrients to mix
  4. Adjust pH if necessary, smoke flowers, check pH again and adjust if necessary
  5. FEEEEEEEEED

incogneato

incogneato

Sick man! Ah it feels just like yesterday that we were complaining about still being in veg. That's what I'm talking about.:cool: I've always been interested in Cannalope Haze. Can't wait to see how she turns out. I haven't really touched much into the haze world. Maybe next time I get some seeds.;)

I like that. Gotta give em time to mingle maaaaaan. I do pretty much the same thing.

Ramen Master's daily watering routine:
  1. Top off rez with fresh water(if not skip to number 4)
  2. Add in nutrient.
  3. Smoke flowers and wait 15-30 minutes for nutrients to mix
  4. Adjust pH if necessary, smoke flowers, check pH again and adjust if necessary
  5. FEEEEEEEEED
Yea brother, its a relief to be in flower! The canna haze was a freebie, she's got a nice structure, easy to grow. It'll be cool to have a sativa under the belt. When the ramen master speaks I listen lol.

incogneato

incogneato

Lovely girls and I know quite a few people who loves Holy Grail Kush.

I hope you find a keeper pheno and great smoke. :D
Thanks brotha! I was heartbroken when most of them didn't germ (my fault I believe) I really wanted to have a full run of these to hunt through. Let's hope this one made it for the right reasons haha

justiceman

justiceman

Right on man
Thanks brotha! I was heartbroken when most of them didn't germ (my fault I believe) I really wanted to have a full run of these to hunt through. Let's hope this one made it for the right reasons haha
:cry: That's how I felt when I fumbled my 4 Deadhead OG seeds and only 1 made it at the beginning of my grow. So lucky she turned out female. Hahahaha growing can be such a roller coaster I love it, but after all our hard work and dedication the fruits at the end sure taste sweet.

incogneato

incogneato

Right on man

:cry: That's how I felt when I fumbled my 4 Deadhead OG seeds and only 1 made it at the beginning of my grow. So lucky she turned out female. Hahahaha growing can be such a roller coaster I love it, but after all our hard work and dedication the fruits at the end sure taste sweet.
It really is a roller coaster! Its one fun ass ride though! I'll tell ya what, I wish I could share the fruits of this grow with all of you guys that have helped me along so far, providing they're worthy lol.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Gosh, From your last images they are already looking better! I think we all have had a bad seed moment. My worst was not a germination issue. I cold store our seeds in mason jars in the fridge. I was putting away some seeds that I had just purchased and crushed a whole pack of Jack Frost seeds. Knocking over the storage jar on them. And of coarse these were the seeds my wife picked! Don't know how you are storing your seeds, but the fridge I think is the best. I wrap the jar with black duct tape to always be in darkness. And surround the zip bagged seeds with white rice to control cold moister. Here are my two jars containing just over a thousand seeds.
DSCN1713

incogneato

incogneato

Gosh, From your last images they are already looking better! I think we all have had a bad seed moment. My worst was not a germination issue. I cold store our seeds in mason jars in the fridge. I was putting away some seeds that I had just purchased and crushed a whole pack of Jack Frost seeds. Knocking over the storage jar on them. And of coarse these were the seeds my wife picked! Don't know how you are storing your seeds, but the fridge I think is the best. I wrap the jar with black duct tape to always be in darkness. And surround the zip bagged seeds with white rice to control cold moister. Here are my two jars containing just over a thousand seeds.
View attachment 673229
Thanks Orca! I'm glad you guys stepped in when you did. I think I avoided any major issue. I'm glad you mentioned storage as its something I've been thinking about. I keep mine in the basement right now inside of tins in a cardboard box. I think I'm going to adopt your method though as I don't want to lose any of these genetics! I will say the ones I had germ issues with were not stored by me for more than a few weeks and all came from the same place. I wonder if it was old stock or improperly stored by the bank. 1000+ seeds!? Now that's a collection! Wouldnt mind digging through those jars and see what treasures are in there lol

incogneato

incogneato

20170228 152123
Got the clones looking nice and happy for the most part. I'm gonna grab a t5 before work this week to get them moving along. I have a small clip on fan coming for the veg tent too. I'll top the few in the saucer in a day or so and keep cuts. I did 2 180-200 ppm feeds in a row with 1/2tsp Medusa, 1/2tsp Gaia and a 1/2tso molasses to 3 gal of water pH at 5.8. Tonight I'll give them around 5-600 ppm of the advanced line and go from there. I was definitely overfeeding em. They looked happy last night when I tucked am in

incogneato

incogneato

little side observation, the soil clones are looking much happier/greener. Will be fun to see how I like soil vs. Coco. Almost all of the cuts are good, there is one small one that may not take bit I'm giving her all I have lol

incogneato

incogneato

Forgot to put up some pics , yesterday was start of week 4. I'll try to get some pics up when I get home. Im having some serious lockout on a few of the smaller girls still. Just got some slf 100 so I'm going to flush em with that to get the calcium build up out of there and feed em at 1/4 strength. Here's the 2 starfighter x longbottom leaf that are most affected.
20170304 055034

justiceman

justiceman

Hell ya man week 4 almost halfway throughish!

Damn lockout man what would you attribute that too? Feeds to high in strength or potentially an imbalance? I'm thinking the medium's pH may have dropped from extra nutrition but I can't say for sure. They should pull out of that. I like that the leaves aren't curling in odd ways or anything(a sign of massive pH shift). I wish I could provide more insight but I'm not familiar with the NFTG line up at all.

I want to see some close up cola shots bro! Bet they are looking tasty.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Glad to see that you got some SLF-100. I really think that you are going to like the results. Plus it is going to really help out in the solo cup grow. The yellowing I'm seeing in your images is a Nitrogen deficiency. I would consider a using a supplement like this one for those two very hungry girls.

Soul Grow-N Quart
142609-250.jpg

Item Details
NPK 8-0-0 + Ca 8%

Derived from:
Bat guano, Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate

Soul Grow-N nitrogen supplement was specifically crafted for the gardener who demands faster growth from high-performance fertilizers. A deliberate blend of fast-acting and natural nitrogen and calcium sources engineered for maximum effect and high solubility. Grow-N puts the controlled application of these essential nutrients in your hands. For exceptional results, combine these highly soluble, fast-acting nutrients with any base nutrient program. Soul Grow-N nitrogen supplement was specifically crafted for the gardener who demands faster growth from high-performance fertilizers. A deliberate blend of fast-acting and natural nitrogen and calcium sources engineered for maximum effect and high solubility. Grow-N puts the controlled application of these essential nutrients in your hands. For exceptional results, combine these highly soluble, fast-acting nutrients with any base nutrient program.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Forgot to put up some pics , yesterday was start of week 4. I'll try to get some pics up when I get home. Im having some serious lockout on a few of the smaller girls still. Just got some slf 100 so I'm going to flush em with that to get the calcium build up out of there and feed em at 1/4 strength. Here's the 2 starfighter x longbottom leaf that are most affected. View attachment 675824

Next round to solve this problem...
Just grow 1 gigantic plant.
Then it will be able to handle your full strength feeding :).

Over time you will find the perfect ratio of nutrients.

Damn lockout man what would you attribute that too? Feeds to high in strength or potentially an imbalance? I'm thinking the medium's pH may have dropped from extra nutrition but I can't say for sure. They should pull out of that. I like that the leaves aren't curling in odd ways or anything(a sign of massive pH shift). I wish I could provide more insight but I'm not familiar with the NFTG line up at all.

Hey @justiceman your spot on. This happened to me last couple rounds and I've been learning by dialing down my feed each grow.

I thought lack of nitrogen but nitrogen caused the yellowing to increase when I increased the rate.

Glad to see that you got some SLF-100. I really think that you are going to like the results. Plus it is going to really help out in the solo cup grow. The yellowing I'm seeing in your images is a Nitrogen deficiency. I would consider a using a supplement like this one for those two very hungry girls.

Soul Grow-N Quart
142609-250.jpg

Item Details
NPK 8-0-0 + Ca 8%

Derived from:

Soul Grow-N nitrogen supplement was specifically crafted for the gardener who demands faster growth from high-performance fertilizers. A deliberate blend of fast-acting and natural nitrogen and calcium sources engineered for maximum effect and high solubility. Grow-N puts the controlled application of these essential nutrients in your hands. For exceptional results, combine these highly soluble, fast-acting nutrients with any base nutrient program. Soul Grow-N nitrogen supplement was specifically crafted for the gardener who demands faster growth from high-performance fertilizers. A deliberate blend of fast-acting and natural nitrogen and calcium sources engineered for maximum effect and high solubility. Grow-N puts the controlled application of these essential nutrients in your hands. For exceptional results, combine these highly soluble, fast-acting nutrients with any base nutrient program.

Hey #orcaman i respect Your knowledge. He was feeding them quite high and for every feed.

Justiceman got it with large nutrient buildup in the soil causing it to go acidic. Causing lockout. If @incogneato wants to find out add some extra nitrogen and watch the yellow spread.

I think best bet is flush followed by a few plain water feedings. When back on feeding schedule reduce feed rate. Or cut the nitrogen since the soil is full of it. This round cutting out nitrogen stopped the lockout in flower.

My future grows keep reducing feed strength for that precise amount I need to discover. Give it a few grows and you'll get it dialed in.

incogneato

incogneato

I think I made a few mistakes in conjunction with each other. I was feeding at a high ppm and got out of balance as well. I also flushed with bonemeal (thank you Orca for clearing that up) so i think I had an excess if calcium buildup in the coco. The slf 100 is supposed to help clear that up. I also was having an issue where I would mix, ph, and feed too fast and the ph wasn't really set before I fed them. They are already looking better before the slf flush as I corrected all of those issues last week.

Soul Grow-N Quart
142609-250.jpg

Item Details
NPK 8-0-0 + Ca 8%

Derived from:

Its definitely a nitrogen deficiency, but I think it's locked out. I'm feeding nitrogen with Athena's aminas and guano tea so it shouldn't really be needing more. At least not to this extreme. I will say when you reccomend a product I always look into it as were using the sane line of feed and I respect your opinion. I did get some Tritons trawl, slf 100, and I was looking at the silica you have but couldn't justify the cost compared to just getting agisil 16.

Top Bottom