Indoor bugs?

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

I was wondering if their are any pest you may need to watch for while growing indoors..

What are common indoor bud pests? that seem to find their way into your grow room closet?

I never thought about it until i read a few posts on spider mites and caterpillars hahah im guessing always make sure you wear clean clothes when going into the grow room?

I know you gotta watch what soil you use but ill be running Ebb & Flow so packin bugs in that way wont be a issue for me.

M

MASSES 420KING

spidermites aphids white flies leaf minors just to name a few

S

SB805KUSH

:anim_30:masses420king is right just to name a few. Best advise is to keep well ventalated,moving air,exhaust, blower to pull heat from bulb. look out for hot spots.I use organicide spray and yellow sticky pads. invest in sulfur evaporator....

P

PureSugar

Bugs indoors will be a huge issue if you don't include routine leaf and growing medium inspections. The same conditions that create a good environment for your plants is also a great environment for bugs to multiply. Also indoors there are no natural preditors to keep bugs in control.

You say your planning on running ebb and flow so you don't think you need to worry about soil pests? Bugs don't care if you are using soiless growing mediums, if your plants can grow in it so can bugs.

Catching bugs early will save you and your crop a lot of pain. Not if, but when you find something attack it hard and fast before they can reproduce. If you find 1 bug chances are there are more, and when I find something I spend the rest of the day inpsecting leaf by leaf for more of them and more importantly eggs. If you really are able to catch them early enough then you can usually control them by just cutting away the part of the plant that is infected, it takes really being on topof your plants to catch something like mites before they can lay eggs but it is the best way if your really on your game.

There are also the people that do preventative spraying of a mild pesticide during the veg cycle. Often the choise for large commercial growers who can't go through all the leaves on pretty much a daily basis.

If you do have major infestation then you need to find out the best way to deal with it...depending on type of bug and plants stage of growth there are different methods that can or can not be used.

Keep things as clean as possible and expect bugs so you're ready for them when they show up. Healthier plants generally are more resistant to bugs than sick ones, just like on the Discovery Channel the weak get attacked first.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

all bugs you incounter outside is also a threat inside...your grow area when at its prime will be an invitable to pests..the worst beeing the Borg!!!(spider mites) keep them at bay with Higher Humidities..another thing to keep in check worst then bugs IMO..is Heat..if ya run high temps and low humidity..then ya are haveing perfect breeding enviorment for bugs,,Hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

urbanite420

urbanite420

bugs SUCK!!! Mites made me pick my Bubba Kush two weeks too early on my last grow, those lil bastards. They seemed to come out of nowhere. one day eveything is kosher, the next, BAMM, oh fucK!!, the Borg!

Ditto on the good info here. Prevention is key and early detection is a must.

S

SRHninja

very good info guys i appreciate it i also heard you should bomb the room and under the house of your grow spot (extra precaution)... i have a portable a/c 10,000 btu inside a 76x76x76 tent hahaha so im sure heat shouldnt be a problem.. (better not be!)

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yes allways a good idea to bomb around and under house...also be sure to put filters on yor intakes..will help keep some out as well. when bombing be sure to also use pyrithium..not the one from Home depot...they dont kill the mites..preventive is best..and mix up ya weapons as well..I use a wide sollection of weapons..the mites become ammuned to shit after a while...Hell i read theres a fukin borg that is ammuned to Avid..holy crap i dont want that strain of mite in my shed..hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

old.Ford

old.Ford

Hey, Another biggy in the house are those damn little dog peter gnats(fungus gnats) Those are the ones that land on your dogs dick and then get in your eye brows. If they get a hold in you medium the best I have found is gnatrol and it works great but they may show by the leaf ends getting brown right at the tip . Two waterings and they will be gone, but you have to kill the air born too. One more tip..the vent under the dash in you car is to blow the gnats off of your old ladys crotch, but gnatrol works best LOL...old.Ford

Top Bottom