Indoor Lighting Flowering Time Difference

• Thread starter Nukesrt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thats what i like about you aquaman and always have is you go deep into the problem. Dont just take it all at face value.
Tha ks brother... truth is I just can't stand not knowing the answer. Its a freaking curse that often keeps me awake at night. Curiosity I'm sure one day will kill the cat lol.

growsince79

growsince79

Tha ks brother... truth is I just can't stand not knowing the answer. Its a freaking curse that often keeps me awake at night. Curiosity I'm sure one day will kill the cat lol.
So do you think a 12-12 clone will sex the same time as the 10-14? Colombian

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So do you think a 12-12 clone will sex the same time as the 10-14?
As an opinion I would say its likely they will be close (within a few days) I cant say how much difference will result in Pr and Pfr ratios. But I can say it will be a very small margin of difference if any. Would guess all between 5-8days. But if there were a difference the longer dark period should show first. But with that said that would likely only effect the timing of the first bract appearances and pistils from them. After that the bud development and size should be largely impacted by the intensity and overall photosynthesis the plants receives... Basically the higher the DLI while keeping them in flower phase the more bud growth and development

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So do you think a 12-12 clone will sex the same time as the 10-14? Colombian
You are talking about clones of the same strain under 12/12 and 10/14 correct? If they are different strains then its not really a fair comparison.

growsince79

growsince79

You are talking about clones of the same strain under 12/12 and 10/14 correct? If they are different strains then its not really a fair comparison.
Same copy of Colombian. I don't have the setup to flower one at 10-14. But I will test sex time before I toss one.

growsince79

growsince79

Good read I found.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This
Yes to trigger flowers but what about maturity? Basically when they can be manipulated to flower. Very interesting read but again at what point are they able to flower or be triggered to flower I believe is not controlled by light.

R

redshift75

Yes to trigger flowers but what about maturity? Basically when they can be manipulated to flower. Very interesting read but again at what point are they able to flower or be triggered to flower I believe is not controlled by light.
ill have to find the picture. But last year i had an auto only grow like 1 cola and go about 5" idk wasnt big at all. ended up being one nice dense 10g bud dried with stem. was the most hilarious thing ever. What i figure happened is something triggered it when i put it out too early during the early hardening of my indoor plants. I think i said "its an auto ill just leave it" and that occurred.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I think it was in an article I read from DJ Short where he talked about different light cycles being a key success factor -- however he didn't spill the beans on his light schedule.

I've read several sources that mention shortening the light cycle to speed up long-flowering sativas (e.g. 13-11) ... I also think there would be some logic in slowly decreasing the length of lights-on to simulate the shortening of days that plants experience in nature...

My assumption is that this is strain/pheno dependent and that it would take a lot of research and data to draw any conclusions...

I've also always wondered what would happen if you decided to shorten the entire cycle - e.g. 10/10 ? would a cutting finish in less "cycles" in 10/10 than in 12/12? Or could you increase yield on a short flowering indica by doing a 14/14 schedule?
14/14 🤔 might try that this grow..

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Where do you get a 28 hour timer? I don't think I could manage to not fuck that up.
im sure some cheaper chinese website must sell one.. but for sure have to figure that out first. i am curious now though.. 63 days worth of normal “night” or “day” would be 756hrs of either.. but 756hrs into “28hr” days would end up being 54 days of flowering.. but if i kept it at the avergage 63 days of flowering using “28hr” days it would be 882 hrs of either.. which would be the same as flowering for 73 days on “24hr” days.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If I thought I could actually keep track of it and set the timer correctly, I would like to try a 30 hr day. Like creating a different planet to grow on.

10/5 for veg
18/12 for flower

Theory is everything finishes 25% faster. Could an 8 week strain finish in 6??? 🤷‍♂️

I think it's the opposite. Less dark periods (number of them) would mean more "days" to maturity. Like when kids count the number of "sleeps" until Christmas lol. 🎄

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think with a strong enough light so DLI was the same an 8/12 flower period could reduce time to maturity by 20%, taking a 10 week strain down to 8. Have to do some more math on this one 🤔

422src

422src

I mean its pretty well established that plants will not flower until mature.
I've got three auto white widow seedlings that had a bad start. One month trying to survive because I used crapy soil and over watered (first time growing after many years). Replanted in happy frog
IMG 6678
. With autos the clock starts once germinated. They did survive but are not really mature. Now in the second month I have 4 inch plants in full flower mode.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got three auto white widow seedlings that had a bad start. One month trying to survive because I used crapy soil and over watered (first time growing after many years). Replanted in happy frogView attachment 1092059. With autos the clock starts once germinated. They did survive but are not really mature. Now in the second month I have 4 inch plants in full flower mode.
Yes and they still don't flower until mature... hence the clock starts when you plant them and they start to flower when mature. If you stunt plants they will be smaller when they mature.

422src

422src

Yes and they still don't flower until mature... hence the clock starts when you plant them and they start to flower when mature. If you stunt plants they will be smaller when they mature.
Good point. They're not going to come to much

Latest posts

Top Bottom