indoor security

• Thread starter rennie37
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rennie37

just never saw a thread like this and wanted to know if there are any stuff to look out for

ex: electricty, cops,

T

twisted metal

just never saw a thread like this and wanted to know if there are any stuff to look out for

ex: electricty, cops,

Your question does not really make sense, elaborate on what you wanna know.

R

rennie37

while growing wont the cops be alerted by the spike in ur electricty bill?

thee

thee

dude, search the forums, your question is not specific enough. cops dont go around reading peoples electric bill....they need something called a warrant for that.

search the forums

S

StonedOwl

The guys that go around reading meters for the electric company are trained to spot spikes in electricity usage. Then notify the cops. If you look at your bill you will find that they tell you when someone will be by to check the meter, just don't have all your equipment sucking in juice that day, only use a single CFL or something. The lack of light wont hurt your plants in one day.

If you have not started your grow yet, wait for say, the first hot day of summer then turn all your stuff on. The electric company will just think you got a new air conditioning unit. Just use your head and never underestimate the enemy, they cant catch us all.

B

bdawgburner

I've also heard that you are safe with 2000 watts per room in your house. But that doesnt make much sense since the electric company wouldnt know how many rooms are in your house. If anyone asks about the electric bill, say you do wood burning and like to keep your irons hot. I have a grower friend who is a contractor/electrician and has given me numerous excuses for electrical consumption.

I'm more worried about my neighbors thinking something is up than anyone. I had a neighbor ask if I ever work (i dont) but i just said that I produce music (which i do...kinda) he's older than dirt and I dont think had any idea what I was even talking about. Point is, have an excuse ready because you never know when you'll need it. Also, dont be telling people different stories. Stick to one and be able to back it up.

D

Denny Crane

Anyone ever hear of a dealer turning in his/her customers to the cops for buying too much product?
The Edison Co. aint gonna "turn you in" or alert the cops in any way unless you're stealing power or don't pay your bill. Your usage patterns are out there for the cops to look at, and they know what 27/0 and 12/12 mean! But you have to be on their radar for that.
They have to have a warrant to use FLIR, a warrant for your electric records, and by that time, they already have enough for a warrant anyways.
Keep your mouth shut and ego in check. You'll be fine.

David Harritz

David Harritz

No i haven't heard any thing like that and it is quite surprising to me that this kind of thing are happening.It is an indication that we must need to take precaution before going for big deal.

S

Smoke-Head

dude, search the forums, your question is not specific enough. cops dont go around reading peoples electric bill....they need something called a warrant for that.
t
Anyone ever hear of a dealer turning in his/her customers to the cops for buying too much product?
The Edison Co. aint gonna "turn you in" or alert the cops in any way unless you're stealing power or don't pay your bill. Your usage patterns are out there for the cops to look at, and they know what 27/0 and 12/12 mean! But you have to be on their radar for that.
They have to have a warrant to use FLIR, a warrant for your electric records, and by that time, they already have enough for a warrant anyways.
Keep your mouth shut and ego in check. You'll be fine.
I dont know what country y'all live in but the cops do NOT have to have a warrant to view your electrical records.I know this for a fact.Cant stand when people give out misinformation.Electrical companies can give energy usages to law enforcement without them even asking for it.Thats if they choose to do so,and on the other hand,they have the right to refuse to give them the information,if the cops do not have a subpoena.So it all depends on what state your in,and your electrical provider's policy.In Florida electric companies volunteer suspious energy usages.In Cali PG&E, dont give a fuck if your using crazy kilowatts as long as you pay your bill and dont steal energy.
And I utilize 12/12 and 18/6 but what the fuck is 27/0.You mean to tell me the cops know something about growing that I dont.Get the fuck outta here!!!!!!! LMAO

jyip

jyip

27/0 could be a very high aseball shut out score, or a football score,,, maybe 24/0 24/7 ,but not 27/0 , thats 3 touchdowns anda fieldgoal

Top Bottom