Indoor Seedling and Flower stage, outdoor Veg? Will it work?

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zerberus

Zerberus

The mule that's bringing all of this into Cuba, is going to have a hard time shoving this shopping list up their where the sun don't shine 😂 naw jk they bring it by plane it's all good, but it will be very expensive for me, that 600$ Amazon bill will turn into almost 1500$ once i have to pay the mule

Zerberus

Zerberus

I would go with just a couple of the pesticides as they'll pretty much cover whatever you need. I'd go with Azamax and Dr.Zymes. Azamax is a neem oil derivative.

Your PH pen is junk. Go with Growers Toolbox from Blue Lab or PH and EC/PPM meters from Aptera. They'll be more expensive but they'll be accurate and reliable.

Forego the mylar and buy a tent.

I like the AC Infinity fan/controller series better than the fan you have posted.
Can't but a tent, they are all 20+ pounds and the mules charge per pound so the tent will be almost 1000$ to bring here. Not worth it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's a nice sprayer. When mine go bad it's almost always at the head but this one looks like it's pretty stout.
that’s a sale price.. usually $30 plus shipping..
unline.ca has them..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The mule that's bringing all of this into Cuba, is going to have a hard time shoving this shopping list up their where the sun don't shine 😂 naw jk they bring it by plane it's all good, but it will be very expensive for me, that 600$ Amazon bill will turn into almost 1500$ once i have to pay the mule
a total waste of money..
get proper stuff and grow indoors only..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Before you put your order in check out the AC Infinity website. I think you should just buy their tent kit as it has everything other than nutrients and seeds that you'll need.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Before you put your order in check out the AC Infinity website. I think you should just buy their tent kit as it has everything other than nutrients and seeds that you'll need.
I have brother trust me, i WISH i could buy the tent kit + the nutes + everything else that doesn't come in the kit but the problem is weight of it all... Just this 3x3 tent kit is 80 pounds that means the 700$ for the tent plus almost 2000$ for the mule.
Screenshot 2023 03 29 20 11 25 515 edit comandroidchrome

It's just not worth it.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

You can totally do it. You have a good pest plan. I would suggest dry nutrients like maxi gro and maxi bloom. Way more fertilizer for the weight and a lot of people here have used it with success. A cheap ppm meter is fine as long as you can calibrate it but get the bluelab ph meter. Before you put the plants outside get their day/ night lengths close to what you expect the outsides to be. Going from 18/6 to 14/10 can cause flowering.
Instead of ph down you can use vinegar, citric acid, diluted sulfuric or phosphoric acid, if you can source any of them locally. You probably don’t need cal mag either. Put some crushed rinsed coral in the dirt. Lastly look into panda film. It’s plastic sheeting that’s white on one side and black on the other. It’s slightly more reflective than Mylar and blocks out 100% of the light.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If you’ll have moths or caterpillars around while the plants will be outside get some southern ag BT. Its a bacterial product that only affects larvae and caterpillars, works well

Zerberus

Zerberus

If you’ll have moths or caterpillars around while the plants will be outside get some southern ag BT. Its a bacterial product that only affects larvae and caterpillars, works well
Well I'm going to veg on my roof, i live in the center of the city, no trees or foliage around, my house has very high ceilings so it's like a 3 story building, there's no plants on the roof it would only be the cannabis, should i still worry about caterpillars/moths?

Zerberus

Zerberus

An 8oz bottle is under $10, cheap insurance.
This is the roof of the house, hopefully one day they make it legal to plant our own for consumption i could have a whole garden op here
IMG 20230330 111047
and this is how far from the street my roof is...
IMG 20230330 111151

Do you think the smell of a flowering plant could attract unwanted visitors or attention? Would people be able to smell it being this high up, it's also very windy up here since there's no obstructions. The only place someone could look into my roof would be from that abandoned top hotel floor across the street, and even then i could hide the plants behind that giant cement water tank.

Victo

Victo

Hi guys so the question is basically the title, i want to do the germination, seedling stages indoors with artificial light and once i have sprouts give them 4-6 hours of natural sunlight + the rest of the 18 hour cycle in artificial light... Once they enter the veg stage i would like to keep them outdoors 24/7 until they are ready to being the flowering stage... Then i would do that final stage inside under artificial lights because i can have the smell propagate outside ....

My question is, is it doable? Will the plants effectively flower or will the changes during stages mess up the yields?
Yes

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

This is the roof of the house, hopefully one day they make it legal to plant our own for consumption i could have a whole garden op here View attachment 1345906 and this is how far from the street my roof is...View attachment 1345909

Do you think the smell of a flowering plant could attract unwanted visitors or attention? Would people be able to smell it being this high up, it's also very windy up here since there's no obstructions. The only place someone could look into my roof would be from that abandoned top hotel floor across the street, and even then i could hide the plants behind that giant cement water tank.
You could do it there but I would be afraid of government planes flying overhead seeing a big green patch on the roof. You could cover it with agricultural netting to hide it from above and I'm sure it's available locally but you'll need to have a pretty strong structure to hang the netting on so that it doesn't get blown over. You'll be fine with smell as the ocean breeze you have on the island will wisk it away fast enough before anyone discovers it. It really depends on how many plants you're going to be growing up there. If it's less than 10 then I wouldn't be worried about smell but more than that you may run into a problem.

rasterman

rasterman

Hi guys so the question is basically the title, i want to do the germination, seedling stages indoors with artificial light and once i have sprouts give them 4-6 hours of natural sunlight + the rest of the 18 hour cycle in artificial light... Once they enter the veg stage i would like to keep them outdoors 24/7 until they are ready to being the flowering stage... Then i would do that final stage inside under artificial lights because i can have the smell propagate outside ....

My question is, is it doable? Will the plants effectively flower or will the changes during stages mess up the yields?
I put my plants outside during the summer every chance I get. I do understand that it raises the risk of pests, but that's never been an issue for me. Those plants just love the sun, but I've never noticed them having problems being put back under the lights.

rasterman

rasterman

I can see how it would get pricey fast! I'm trying to picture a donkey swimming the 60+ miles from Florida, but in my mind it drowns while it can still see the Florida beach.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've never had to export anything to Cuba but I would think that you could bring in the stuff as a tourist and not get whacked with smuggler fees. Mexico, Italy, France, etc. all are free to visit the island without visa restrictions. Find a mexican national and pay his boat trip and lodging to the island bringing all the gear along.

If they ask at Cuban customs you can say the tent is a wardrobe closet and the fan is to keep the humidity down in your new closet since it gets really humid in Cuba! The light will be going over the kitchen table and the nutrients are for the sugarcane you got growing in your yard!!😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well now, another thing to take into consideration. The longest day of the year in June in Cuba is approximately 13 1/2 hours. Do your research before you blow a bunch of money.

H

HerbGardner

Careful of the wind on the roof or you might end up with crispy leaves. Maybe grow along the wall where you'd still get full sun. It's awesome there's already a water tank there. That building with all the clocks looks oppressive though. Hope your garden isn't part of some commie's office view.

Why not start growing some weird legal plants there now? See if tomatoes like growing there and throw in some bamboo which looks a lot like weed.

You'll need some kind of light pollution to keep them vegging during shorter day lengths. If the surrounding city isn't bright enough, then you might need a regular outdoor lamp to shine on them.

If you take your plants back inside to flower, there's probably bug eggs etc in the soil waiting to hatch. Maybe you can veg them inside for a week while you treat with pesticide then flip.

Madbud

Madbud

This is the roof of the house, hopefully one day they make it legal to plant our own for consumption i could have a whole garden op here View attachment 1345906 and this is how far from the street my roof is...View attachment 1345909

<<https://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/page/law_enforcement
D9C14B76 7FDA 4A74 A89D 03E13C1498DB

Latest posts

Top Bottom