Indoor Tree Veg Techniques

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I've been running a 12bulb 4' t5 and best way to encourage stretch is go to more red bulbs and raise the light until the nodes are spaced how you want them.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Stress training is you friend indoors, I like to break a plant over just above ground level, use pliers to crush 2-3 inches of stem so its soft and bend the whole girl right over. take your time and dont try to crush it soft in one go use a few half strength squeezes.
That results in a taller plant? Or thicker trunk base?

reeferman420

reeferman420

i believe it makes the plant sideways and makes all the branches grow up not blocking eachother

L

LacesOutDan

Hey folks-

New to the trees section, here seeking info about long veg period while I'm saving for my tent.

Im growing 2 bagseed plants in 1 5gal DWC bucket. It may be 4-6 more weeks before I can flower, which would make for about a 16-18 week veg period. I have topped twice, and been super cropping the shit out of them to try to slow the growth and control height. Im getting a 4x4 tent and plan to scrog the whole thing.

They are as healthy as can be and starting to get some trunks. Ive never vegged anything for anywhere near this long and was wondering if i might encounter any problems or will they eventually develop any.

Or if anyone has ever vegged for 18 weeks

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

You will get a monster bush. Thicker base, more grow tips fighting for dominance. Letting your plant grow straight up is not always best if you want trees indoors depending on your room. This will encourage the plant to bush out and grow laterally.
I have a tall room. I probably should have gone with Gavitas except for price and heat.
My girls this round are filling the tomato cage (square).
I'm not averse to training them though

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

don't understand why everyone's so content on making your plant stretch! Stretch is not what you want especially if your trying to grow trees! Long skinny flimsy branches are what you get with stretch, plus you won't end up with buds everywhere just one every 6-8 inches or so. I have yet to grow an inside tree but know for a fact that you do not want to promote stretch!

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

1-2 inches is ok but with a hps bulb the stretch can get out of hand fast! I would consider supplemental lights first. Gonna be growing a tree of my own putting her in a 50 gal tote in my new garage soon. Hoping to harvest enough this outside season to go all year for me!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

1-2 inches is ok but with a hps bulb the stretch can get out of hand fast! I would consider supplemental lights first. Gonna be growing a tree of my own putting her in a 50 gal tote in my new garage soon. Hoping to harvest enough this outside season to go all year for me!
I used to run strictly hps with my autos. They got a lil stretchy, but with the a hortilux eye or the digilux they didn't stretch to bad. But can get outta hand.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Ever consider running adjust a wings? Crazy penetration with those if laid out right.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Ever consider running adjust a wings? Crazy penetration with those if laid out right.
My buddy suggests changing the open verts to adjust a wings horizontal, and I will still work toward supplemental verts like 315s I'm thinking ....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

My veg tent is now ventilated so heat is totally under control. I can run both banks of T5s AND the 400w blue MH and not crack 80°F. Its night and day better.

Top Bottom