Indoor virgin, wish me luck

• Thread starter electroguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

LIGHTS OUT, 6PM SHARP. WOO HOO. First indoor grow, first flip to flower. When should I start tapering in phosphorus and out nitrogen, except for blue dream I guess.

Pilted

Pilted

How about a 2 tube fluorescent 12" away
On the app store they have multiple light measuring app, the one I use is photone, it tells you the par levels and then also has par recommendations for different stages. Using T5 I would highly suggest getting one of these as not many people use T5 and info about them online would be limited. Also it's free so can't hurt.

electroguy

electroguy

I downloaded that a while ago on my tablet but it didn't seem to work right. The readings were super low, even when really close to the lights.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
LIGHTS OUT, 6PM SHARP. WOO HOO. First indoor grow, first flip to flower. When should I start tapering in phosphorus and out nitrogen, except for blue dream I guess.
Awesome! Always a great feeling changing that timer 😁

Pilted

Pilted

How about a 2 tube fluorescent 12" away
I downloaded that a while ago on my tablet but it didn't seem to work right. The readings were super low, even when really close to the lights.
I'm thinking with T5 you will have a much lower par level, I am not sure they are very powerful, the readings are probably correct. I know the T5s are very inexpensive to run and are cheap buy, if this is the reason then look at the newer 100 watt LEDs they are cheap to run and fairly cheap to buy. AC Infinity has one and spider farm has one. I think the AC Infinity is a Ion2x2 and the spider farm is SF 1000. Both about $100 and if you can hit a sale as low as $50. They give much better light at a low cost to buy and run, probably very close to the T5 cost.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm thinking with T5 you will have a much lower par level, I am not sure they are very powerful, the readings are probably correct. I know the T5s are very inexpensive to run and are cheap buy, if this is the reason then look at the newer 100 watt LEDs they are cheap to run and fairly cheap to buy. AC Infinity has one and spider farm has one. I think the AC Infinity is a Ion2x2 and the spider farm is SF 1000. Both about $100 and if you can hit a sale as low as $50. They give much better light at a low cost to buy and run, probably very close to the T5 cost.
You are off on the T5 lights. they are no more expensive and have a larger foot print for the same wattage....100w = 100w led, hps, fluorescent, incandescent, I use t5's exclusively for vegging...I can veg from seed - flower then I switch to led or hps .

I run 4 - 4ft t5's on top and one for side lighting = 270 watts in a 3x5 closet I can fit 8 in 3 gallon pots to about 2 months in veg then I need to flip or expand into another space with 2 more 4ft T5's.......I like them because they provide some heat that is much needed in my cold basement......and there's no chance of burning your leaves unless they touch the lamps.......

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You are off on the T5 lights. they are no more expensive and have a larger foot print for the same wattage....100w = 100w led, hps, fluorescent, incandescent, I use t5's exclusively for vegging...I can veg from seed - flower then I switch to led or hps .

I run 4 - 4ft t5's on top and one for side lighting = 270 watts in a 3x5 closet I can fit 8 in 3 gallon pots to about 2 months in veg then I need to flip or expand into another space with 2 more 4ft T5's.......I like them because they provide some heat that is much needed in my cold basement......and there's no chance of burning your leaves unless they touch the lamps.......
I’m having a good luck vegging 20 plants under 2 4ft LED shop light style. 120 watts each. 13,000 lm each. 5000 K. 30 bucks apiece. On a bedroom floor. L O L.

electroguy

electroguy

Day six on 12/12. One blueberry is getting hairs! I chopped down the big healthy blue dream, boo.

IMG 20230516 063608493
IMG 20230515 170059822
electroguy

electroguy

I spent my weekend framing. It's coming along quite nicely. Just need to insulate the roof deck, underlayment, sleepers, second layer of decking, roof, windows and doors, plumbing, electrical, insulation, sheetrock, tape and texture, paint, trim and interior doors, cabinets, final plumbing, final electrical, and finally certificate of occupancy. Probably missed some things.

IMG 20230515 110312893
IMG 20230515 131743284
Top Bottom